GForce OB-E talk

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

As the speculation thread about a new instrument is locked now and the secret is lifted, I already thought that it demands its own thread.
Keep it civilized and all OS specific themes are covered in the locked thread. Just don’t do it here...
https://www.gforcesoftware.com/products/ob-e/

The original discussion:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=553049

I thought this is worth cross-posting from the locked thread. I didn't get a chance to listen yesterday and hope to today. Filter sweeps from Oberhausen and OB-E...
zvenx wrote: Not really a sweep person.
Middle C init patch on both, moved the filter from full to minimum, then back to full, then moved reso to full and then moved filter from full to minimum back to full.
One was definitely louder, about 8db louder, so I bumped the louder one down 3 db and bumped the softer one up 5db.

One plays then the other.....

Which filter do you prefer?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o6vpzoqt61zf5 ... s.mp3?dl=0

usual, right click to hear a dropbox on kvr.
And yes I am aware the automation doesn't link up. and one is a tad longer than the other.

rsp

Bit of clipping there, in the second example, which makes it hard to decipher which is which.

If I had to guess, then I would say the one which clips like a mo'f**ker is Oberhausen, because there's quite a substantial gain when you crank up the resonance, which probably led to the clipping. ;)

Clipping aside, curious to know which one you prefer?
rsp
sound sculptist

Neither sound that good to me, but the sweep is to fast for me to hear anything different (other than clipping/volume) like harmonics/sing song tones etc (didn't we do this on the OB-Xa Vs Obsession thread, I'm getting Déjà vu :wink: )
Last edited by SLiC on Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

I for one don't ever use filters that way.
Ever.
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: If you think that comes even close....
well..
rsp
Here is a new improved version of Oberheim 8-Voice Unison patch created in Kontakt 6.
This one should be quite close to the OB-E sound in the teaser video.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I can run the Demo in standalone mode on my iMac Catalina OS. But not working for me with Cubase 11 as cubase shuts down as soon as I load the OB-E instrument.

Checking if anyone has been able to use demo (or full version) with cubase, or if just something on my setup.

Thank you

I am running demo fine in cubase 11 but i am on mojave.
Rsp
sound sculptist

Can you do this more properly, and at 96.
"The educated person is one who knows how to find out what he does not know" - George Simmel
“It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.” - John Wooden

Sorry, I have no interest in doing beyond that.
I did it how I would use it.
rsp
sound sculptist

SLiC wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:46 pm Neither sound that good to me, but the sweep is to fast for me to hear anything different (other than clipping/volume) like harmonics/sing song tones etc (didn't we do this on the OB-Xa Vs Obsession thread, I'm getting Déjà vu :wink: )
Try the Oberhausen demo... one of the sweetest filters I've ever heard in a soft synth. Might not come over very good from the sound snippet alone.

I've just started playing around with OB-E this morning. I'm getting more and more impressed. I threw this together in Logic with 10 instances of OB-E and the CPU meter barely goes over 25% on my 2015 iMac - much smoother performance than most of my "high quality" synths. This is all OB-E except for a little bit of compression on the mix bus.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/whz7fbldi365b ... c.aif?dl=0

chk071 wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:39 pm
SLiC wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:46 pm Neither sound that good to me, but the sweep is to fast for me to hear anything different (other than clipping/volume) like harmonics/sing song tones etc (didn't we do this on the OB-Xa Vs Obsession thread, I'm getting Déjà vu :wink: )
Try the Oberhausen demo... one of the sweetest filters I've ever heard in a soft synth. Might not come over very good from the sound snippet alone.
Would love to, but I am on Windows....
I am sure it is very good and am disappointed not to be able to try it (but I have Obsession and bx’s and Arturias SEM so I have something similar at least)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

:) he said oberhausen which is on both not OB-E :)
I think you missed that.
rsp
sound sculptist

Return to “Instruments”