What are your "must-have" Plugin Alliance plugins now that they are $29 ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ericzang wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:53 am
Spring Goose wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:41 pm Does anybody use dearVR music?
I haven't used it extensively, but I have compared it to a few other binaural panners and I felt it was one of the better ones as far as being a strong and convincing effect. The bass boost button helps preserve the original tone better. I haven't worked with the reverb/room ambience features in a mix though, just the dry binaural pan. Doesn't handle stereo input, though it says to use 2 instances for that, but then automating panning becomes difficult.

Not mono compatible (gets phasey), but only one binaural panner I tried is, but it is too expensive https://www.gearslutz.com/board/new-pro ... s-3dx.html.
decano wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:44 am
Spring Goose wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:41 pm Does anybody use dearVR music?
Yes. I use it on stereo mixes. I put it on an AUX and I sent to it some others AUX (reverbs or delays). Then I automate some parameters on dearVR to get stereo movement. Sounds cool! :tu:
OK thanks guys :D

$29 again!

Does anybody know a good multiband compressor included in this sale?

What's the difference between the 3 SSL consoles (J, E and G) apart from price?

@ spring goose: The Lindell 354E multiband comp might be worth a look, as Lindell have turned out some excellent plugins there.
(I don't have the 354E, but I do have a couple of other Lindell plugins the 254E compressor, which is excellent, and the TE100 EQ).

Another one worth considering is the DSM V3, which isn't specifically a multiband compressor but it does some amazing trickery within the same ballpark.

----

As for myself, I'm probably going to pick up the Ampeg B15N.
Sadly (for me) the two actual plugins I really want aren't included in this sale (yet??).

aMUSEd wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:10 am What's the difference between the 3 SSL consoles (J, E and G) apart from price?
I don't have any of them so take this post with a pinch of salt, but there's been some good comparisons / discussions over at GearSlutz regarding these consoles.
The majority of opinions in the thread that I read over there seems to go for the J rather than the other two, but bear in mind that it is the newest (so some element of 'freshness' might apply...)

dark water wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:13 am @ spring goose: The Lindell 354E multiband comp might be worth a look, as Lindell have turned out some excellent plugins there.
(I don't have the 354E, but I do have a couple of other Lindell plugins the 254E compressor, which is excellent, and the TE100 EQ).

Another one worth considering is the DSM V3, which isn't specifically a multiband compressor but it does some amazing trickery within the same ballpark.

----

Sadly (for me) the two actual plugins I really want aren't included in this sale (yet??).
Thanks pal! :)

aMUSEd wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:10 am What's the difference between the 3 SSL consoles (J, E and G) apart from price?
They're modelled on different SSL consoles so have slight differences in the sound. When they were giving vouchers away at xmas I demo'ed all of them and the focusrite sc console; yeah, they're different, especially in the mid range but not enough that I personally could really call, don't consider myself to have golden ears. I read some reviews that mentioned the comps character but struggled to appreciate the differences. The exception was the FocusriteSC, that seemed to have a notably 'clearer', flatter sound which suited me better, not as 'rocky', worked better on my ambient/electronic stuff. Shallow I know but the GUI was better too, bigger and not as aliased, didn't have to squint at the numbers.

Spring Goose wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:58 am $29 again!
Is this an actual sale? All I see is a voucher code, no mention of restrictions (min spend etc) or anything.

GaryG wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:56 am
Is this an actual sale? All I see is a voucher code, no mention of restrictions (min spend etc) or anything.
1/3 - ROUND ONE!
YOUR 1st CODE:

LYS1-2999

This is for you!
As a special THANK YOU, we decided that this year is also a Leap Year – crazy times, crazy offers.

You will receive your 2nd code on February 28
The first code will be expired by then!

Use this voucher code during checkout!
Code expires February 27 - 11:59 PM California Time
* VAT will be applied to purchases made in the EU, only if applicable.

This voucher code is only valid 1x (once)
Choose ONE of our plugins and get it for $29.99, except for the subscription bundles and the products below. Please share this code with your friends!

* Products NOT included in this promotion:
ADPTR AUDIO Streamliner, bx_console SSL 9000 J, AMEK EQ200, Bettermaker EQ232D, Gig Performer 3, Shadow Hills Class A, dearVR PRO, dearVR MONITOR, Neold BIG AL, Lindell Audio 50 Series, Gallien-Krueger 800RB

GaryG wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:56 am
no minimum spend. it's 29.99 for your choice of one plugin except exempted plugins.

GaryG wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:47 am
They're modelled on different SSL consoles so have slight differences in the sound. When they were giving vouchers away at xmas I demo'ed all of them and the focusrite sc console; yeah, they're different, especially in the mid range but not enough that I personally could really call, don't consider myself to have golden ears. I read some reviews that mentioned the comps character but struggled to appreciate the differences. The exception was the FocusriteSC, that seemed to have a notably 'clearer', flatter sound which suited me better, not as 'rocky', worked better on my ambient/electronic stuff. Shallow I know but the GUI was better too, bigger and not as aliased, didn't have to squint at the numbers.
Thanks I have the G already (picked up in last sale for next to nothing with voucher as well) but tbh I'm a unsure how much real difference there is between all their consoles. I can get the J with the same deal though or maybe should try one of the others?

aMUSEd wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:58 am
GaryG wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:47 am
Thanks I have the G already (picked up in last sale for next to nothing with voucher as well) but tbh I'm a unsure how much real difference there is between all their consoles. I can get the J with the same deal though or maybe should try one of the others?
J is excluded from this sale

dark water wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:13 am
looks good mate, is this it?

https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/prod ... svtvr.html

Spring Goose wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:58 am no minimum spend. it's 29.99 for your choice of one plugin except exempted plugins.
Thanks.

I just found my PA sale email, yahoo consider it spam. :)

aMUSEd wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:58 am tbh I'm a unsure how much real difference there is between all their consoles.
I think there's a difference (well, definitely is, else it would be fraud :)) but certainly not enough to make a difference to me, maybe if you're more of an engineer than me...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vdQYss ... oiseStudio

Return to “Effects”