Feature requests

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer

Doesn't right-clicking on the Play icon allow you to customize any playback options?)

lulukom wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:34 am Doesn't right-clicking on the Play icon allow you to customize any playback options?)
not in phrase editor.. just what preview instrument to use..

It's strange to hear .. In my Phrase Editor, both from the mouse and from the play button, the cursor always returns to the start, regardless of the Playback settings.

lulukom wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:00 pm It's strange to hear .. In my Phrase Editor, both from the mouse and from the play button, the cursor always returns to the start, regardless of the Playback settings.
yea, mine too.. Think a bug was just discovered...

if you turn off return to stop in composition.. it stops and doesn't return.. if you turn it back on, it still doesn't return.. but, if you play in the phrase editor it does and going back to composition it starts working again.

Hi,

When we import a .MID file, the track names come in on the MIDI Import page. Then if we continue on to import a given track, both the track and all the phrases in it will take that name.

It would be very nice to be able to edit that name(s) before doing the track import(s) so that everything in the composition could wind up named as desired without having to rename imported phrases one-by-one.

Might be limited interest in this one but in the 'Generator' section for the Meldody generator there is a selection menu for note movement.

The limitation for me is that you can only select / deselect one item at a time so if I want to limit the upwards movement to say, a minor second only, I have to do the whole process several times to deselect the other upwards movement options.

Would it be possible to have a multi select / deselect list instead? This would allow a single transaction to be performed.

Cheers.
Mike.

Hi,

I would find it very helpful if holding some key or set of keys would allow a phrase to be dragged from the Phrase Browser directly onto a track w/o any possibility of transposition.

The biggest need is for drums. I find it is basically impossible to drag a drum beat to the proper location (kick on kick, snare on snare, etc.) in one act because the act of dragging it from the browser transposes it all over the place as you drag.

try setting the target track to percussion in the track inspector and see if that works..

BluGenes wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:36 pm try setting the target track to percussion in the track inspector and see if that works.
Thanks BlueGenes.

From the POV of dragging, no, nothing changes.

However, using a double-click at the desired location point on the track in the workspace does bring in the selected drum phrase from the phrase browser in proper alignment. :tu:

Hi. I find myself wishing for a couple of new Phrase Inspector options -

1. Toggle Magnet(s) on Selected Phrase(s)
2. Toggle Lock(s) on Selected Phrase(s)

Please note, these work for all selected phrases:

musicdevelopments wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:19 am Please note, these work for all selected phrases: ...
Excellent. Thank you!

Hi,

FWIW, I think the concept of "rendering" needs explaining in the manual.

A search on "render" yields hits in 4 locations, none of which define or explain what it means.

Hi,

Is there a way to cause the phrase editor to open up at the play head position?

If not, I think it would be useful to add. Here's the scenario: the user is auditioning the composition and at some point hears where a change to the phrase is wished for. For small phrases, the phrase editor opens up and you see the whole phrase, no problem.

However, for a long phrase, such as the composition-spanning phrase produced by Ctrl-Shift-H, the phrase editor opens (via double-click) at the beginning of the phrase rather than at the play head and therefore you are not at the position where you want to make the edit.

I understand that the composition-spanning phrase could have been split by the user in the first place. That's cool, and is a great way to go for many situations.

I'm just suggesting that keeping the composition-spanning phrase as-such and editing it is another way to go to achieve a bit of a different effect. Being able to land immediately at the desired edit spot (i.e. the composition play head location) would support this nicely as a rapid operation.

This may be a situation where is is sensible for just double-clicking to open the phrase in one location (say, at the beginning) but Ctrl-double-clicking opens the phrase (if possible) at the play head.

I’m new to RC and I’m loving it so far!

I have found quite a few requests and suggestions for a counterpoint feature here in the forum. Is this something you’re still considering, Attila?

Return to “MusicDevelopments”