New Sonic Arts Freestyle 1.5 is released. Kore style morphing incoming

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

There are no differences between our demo and full versions. The feature is in version 1.592 which is a public beta, you can download it from the user area.
James Walker-Hall
www.newsonicarts.com

newsonicarts wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:31 pm There are no differences between our demo and full versions. The feature is in version 1.592 which is a public beta, you can download it from the user area.
Thanks very much! I finally came around to testing the beta and really like it. Morphing works as expected.

Am I right in assuming that creating a new snapshot is not MIDI-automatable? I couldn't get that to work. The idea behind that question is that I'd like to avoid having to deal with the mouse and screen at all when creating new patches.

Another thing I am interested in is Apple Silicon compatibility. Rough roadmap? Do the plugins work well via Rosetta 2?

wvshpr wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:56 pm
newsonicarts wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:31 pm There are no differences between our demo and full versions. The feature is in version 1.592 which is a public beta, you can download it from the user area.
Thanks very much! I finally came around to testing the beta and really like it. Morphing works as expected.

Am I right in assuming that creating a new snapshot is not MIDI-automatable? I couldn't get that to work. The idea behind that question is that I'd like to avoid having to deal with the mouse and screen at all when creating new patches.
Snapshots respond to midi program change.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:36 pm Snapshots respond to midi program change.
Thanks for your reply!

Yes, I know. What I mean is saving a new snapshot: Twist knobs to change a patch and then hit a button on the MIDI controller to create a new snapshot instead of having to mess around with the mouse and UI.

I might end up getting a Faderfox PC-12 which can create snapshots and then I should be able to save them to Freestyle later.

wvshpr wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:57 am
Echoes in the Attic wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:36 pm Snapshots respond to midi program change.
Thanks for your reply!

Yes, I know. What I mean is saving a new snapshot: Twist knobs to change a patch and then hit a button on the MIDI controller to create a new snapshot instead of having to mess around with the mouse and UI.

I might end up getting a Faderfox PC-12 which can create snapshots and then I should be able to save them to Freestyle later.
Oh I see what you mean, yeah it would be cool to assign them from a control surface as well.

This thing is amazing!!!

Been playing with it for a while before posting this.

Things that would make it a dream come true:

-Obviously, vst3 support.

-internal midi and cc routing between VST’s and devices. I don’t think you can currently routing CC between VST’s in freestyle.

-Internal stereo and mono routing between devices

-allow encapsulated structures’ macro knobs to be assigned cc values. Basically allow encapsulates layers to have their own cc assignments. Currently, only the top layer’s macro knobs can be assigned CC’s. Hell, if possible allow individual vst parameters to be assigned cc’s in freestyle. Possibly from the vst quick view/parameter view (idk the proper term). This would allow a lot of modular capabilities.

-allow multiple midi cables to be connected to a VST’s midi in. Or have the option to add extra midi ins to a vst.

-create a setting where the cables or loose. Meaning, freestyle will not try to automatically organize the structure after devices and VST’s are connected.

-lastly, make the preset browser load the VST’s only after they been dropped. Seems like they are being loaded as soon as you try to click and start dragging. I’ve had several crashes loading large kontakt libraries because of this.

Other that those suggestions this Vst is the shhhhhhhhhh. Please listen to the users. New Sonic Arts struck gold.

pbu11ock wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:04 pm This thing is amazing!!!

Been playing with it for a while before posting this.

Things that would make it a dream come true:

-Obviously, vst3 support.

-internal midi and cc routing between VST’s and devices. I don’t think you can currently routing CC between VST’s in freestyle.

-Internal stereo and mono routing between devices

-allow encapsulated structures’ macro knobs to be assigned cc values. Basically allow encapsulates layers to have their own cc assignments. Currently, only the top layer’s macro knobs can be assigned CC’s. Hell, if possible allow individual vst parameters to be assigned cc’s in freestyle. Possibly from the vst quick view/parameter view (idk the proper term). This would allow a lot of modular capabilities.

-allow multiple midi cables to be connected to a VST’s midi in. Or have the option to add extra midi ins to a vst.

-create a setting where the cables or loose. Meaning, freestyle will not try to automatically organize the structure after devices and VST’s are connected.

-lastly, make the preset browser load the VST’s only after they been dropped. Seems like they are being loaded as soon as you try to click and start dragging. I’ve had several crashes loading large kontakt libraries because of this.

Other that those suggestions this Vst is the shhhhhhhhhh. Please listen to the users. New Sonic Arts struck gold.
Some good suggestions. You should post to the freestyle feature suggestions in the new sonic arts forum if you haven’t already.

Can you use MidiFX plugins with this?
"and the Word was Sound..."
https://www.youtube.com/user/InLightTone

Someone needs to re-title this since the new version lost Kore Style Morphing.

I hope it gets added back. This was a main purpose of purchasing in the first place.

Since when do features get removed? Why did it get removed? I dont own freestyle
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

greggybud wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:01 am Someone needs to re-title this since the new version lost Kore Style Morphing.

I hope it gets added back. This was a main purpose of purchasing in the first place.
Yes, please! It makes me sad :(
Caine123 wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:57 am Since when do features get removed? Why did it get removed? I dont own freestyle
I'd love to know as well. It worked really well in the beta.

Long story short (for lack of time)... it was a beta evaluation feature that did not make the grade. I was not happy with it and want to do it in a better way.

On top of that other very time consuming topics took priority, specifically VST3 and PDC, plus a bunch of non features emerged as essential: such as big Apple hoops to jump thru (notarization, M1, Big Sur), and migration to Direct3D (done) and Metal on OSX (still to do). As a result, most of the features planned for this year didn't happen.
James Walker-Hall
www.newsonicarts.com

newsonicarts wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:44 am Long story short (for lack of time)... it was a beta evaluation feature that did not make the grade. I was not happy with it and want to do it in a better way.

On top of that other very time consuming topics took priority, specifically VST3 and PDC, plus a bunch of non features emerged as essential: such as big Apple hoops to jump thru (notarization, M1, Big Sur), and migration to Direct3D (done) and Metal on OSX (still to do). As a result, most of the features planned for this year didn't happen.
Understandable, those are lots of important changes as well. I'm really looking forward to you tackling morphing in the way you want it to be. It would make Freestyle a much more capable sound design environment.

newsonicarts wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:44 am Long story short (for lack of time)... it was a beta evaluation feature that did not make the grade. I was not happy with it and want to do it in a better way.

FYI, the icons weren't generated for most of my VST3 plugins. Maybe 10% of them show the icon picture in the freestyle plugin list.

Return to “Instruments”