ReFx Nexus 3 (N3) Finally here!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Nexus

Ryan99 wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:00 pm I wouldn’t want to be in customer service these days! Since there are so many configurations in different computers, it’s hard to pinpoint a specific problem to one user. That must be why they offered you remote session to understand and help you with your problem. And I don’t know of any software company that is offering 24 hours a day technical service. I’m not defending the company by the way, since I don’t have all the details.
By the way, I'm also working as a system administrator for a social company with very high data protection rules since over 13 years! And if my customers call and tell me, that their whole system is not working anymore, I do what I can to help them and they also have my private call number and can call me every time! And in that business nobody opens the full remote control service! And Team Viewer is not the same like the full remote control, but refx wanted the remote control service first! If you don't believe me, I made screenshots of that conversation!

And I also understand, that in such a situation my customers are stressed and also afraid and "rude", but I would NEVER banish them from my support forever! Refx banned me completely from their support service and I'm still banned! And I'm not alone, you can google different platforms with similar experiences since years! If you don't find them, I can post all that links here!

And again, at the moment Nexus works, because I spent much time to fix it by myself, but if I'll get problems again and they again won't give me support, I'll sue them!

clipnotic wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:14 am
Ryan99 wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:00 pm I wouldn’t want to be in customer service these days! Since there are so many configurations in different computers, it’s hard to pinpoint a specific problem to one user. That must be why they offered you remote session to understand and help you with your problem. And I don’t know of any software company that is offering 24 hours a day technical service. I’m not defending the company by the way, since I don’t have all the details.
By the way, I'm also working as a system administrator for a social company with very high data protection rules since over 13 years! And if my customers call and tell me, that their whole system is not working anymore, I do what I can to help them and they also have my private call number and can call me every time! And in that business nobody opens the full remote control service! And Team Viewer is not the same like full remote control, but refx wanted the remote control service first! If you don't believe me, I made screenshots of that conversation!

And I also understand, that in such a situation my customers are stressed and also afraid and "rude", but I would NEVER banish them from my support forever! Refx banned me completely from their support service and I'm still banned! And I'm not alone, you can google different platforms with similar experiences since years! If you don't find them, I can post all that links here!

And again, at the moment Nexus works, because I spent much time to fix it by myself, but if I'll get problems again and they again won't give me support, I'll sue them!
Better read the EULA:

https://refx.com/eula/

zvenx wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 5:11 pm Doesn't work For Cubendo on Mac or PC for sure.. Surprised it does on Studio One.
rsp
Works fine for me on Cubase Elements 10 Win.

tony10000 wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:35 am
Better read the EULA:

That has nothing to do with their EULA, but rather with the basics of dealing with customers!

clipnotic wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:47 am
Better read the EULA:

That has nothing to do with their EULA, but rather with the basics of dealing with customers!
I have contacted their support several times and had no issues. Why did they ban you? What did you do?

As for suing them, better read the EULA. That is the agreement between you and refx.

tony10000 wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 1:29 am
Better read the EULA:

I have contacted their support several times and had no issues. Why did they ban you? What did you do?

As for suing them, better read the EULA. That is the agreement between you and refx.
I described in detail, what happened, so you should better read first ...

And if you want, I can post a bunch of links with similar experiences?

EDIT:
If your goal is, to help them, that's the wrong way, because it just provokes more and more! A better way would be, if they should stop such a RUDE dealing with customers! I'm also a peaceful guy, but I don't let everything do with me!

EDIT 2:
And it's also not good for them! Before that, I planned to buy every Hollywood expansion from them, but meanwhile I spent the money to other companies. Today you have alternatives for everything! And if you want, I can also post every alternative! :wink:

Better read the EULA:

One of the funniest guys around. Don't waste your time with him. Just let him talk. :D

You can see his agressivity and condescension here, so you can guess how he talked to ReFX support...

"Beware, I'm somebody very dangerous, if you try to f*** with me I'll win"... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I already had a good laugh with him once. In his head he's a powerful young man, he's here to teach us. :D

Just talk to somebody else. ;)
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

DJErmac wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:30 am
Better read the EULA:

One of the funniest guys around. Don't waste your time with him. Just let him talk. :D

You can see his agressivity and condescension here, so you can guess how he talked to ReFX support...

"Beware, I'm somebody very dangerous, if you try to f*** with me I'll win"... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I already had a good laugh with him once. In his head he's a powerful young man, he's here to teach us. :D

One of my best fans here! :lol:

For sure ! :D
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

tony10000 wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:44 am
zvenx wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 5:11 pm Doesn't work For Cubendo on Mac or PC for sure.. Surprised it does on Studio One.
rsp
You can change the name of a plugin and Cubase will see it as a different plugin in Cubase Elements?

Screen shot please.
rsp
Last edited by zvenx on Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:12 am
rsp
You can change the name of a plugin and Cubase will see it as a different plugin in Cubase Elements.

Screen shot please.
rsp
I did not change the name of anything. Cubase Elements recognized it and loaded it just fine.
2021-02-27_1-05-34.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Better read the EULA:

thank you, you made my day :clap: :lol:

msvs wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:44 am
Better read the EULA:

thank you, you made my day :clap: :lol:
Some people think just because they bought a product, they have the right to run the company.

tony10000 wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 4:45 am
zvenx wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:12 am
rsp
You can change the name of a plugin and Cubase will see it as a different plugin in Cubase Elements.

Screen shot please.
rsp
I did not change the name of anything. Cubase Elements recognized it and loaded it just fine.

2021-02-27_1-05-34.jpg
And one of these is nexus 2 and one is nexus 3? Or is that nexus 3 vst 2.4 version and nexus 3 vst 3 version? My comment i believe was about the former and not the latter.

viewtopic.php?p=7993594#p7993594
Rsp
sound sculptist

Nexus 3 has the same VST ID as Nexus 2, otherwise old projects that used Nexus 2 would no longer load with Nexus 3. Just renaming doesn't change anything because all a DAW cares about is the VST ID.

I'm still a little pissed at reFX because they removed/replaced some sounds from the Movies & Games expansion and refused to admit it. Why is it so hard to admit they had to change the sounds due to copyright reasons?
Last edited by Reefius on Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Instruments”