Vital - Released

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
KVRist
63 posts since 18 Aug, 2020

Post Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:33 am

Thanks for this looking forward to going deep with vital.

KVRer
26 posts since 10 Oct, 2020

Post Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:58 pm

I am not criticizing this synth in any way but I found soundwise it is no smoother / cleaner / better sounding than Bitwig or Rapid (Rapid is actually slightly on top I thought if you really geek out testing wavetables but it doesn't have the dual modulation options which kills it somewhat)... if you boost modulation though into a Bitwig Grid wavetable by 15.3db (I think it was) when using FM it is literally identical sounding to me compared to Vital and you have many extra options when using Bitwig Grid and much lower cpu. Only saying as a few people have said this is next level regarding how good (clean) FM sounds etc but to me just shows how incredible Bitwig is to have top level synth quality built in with all the extra modulation goodies / voice stacking too..
A completely pointless post I agree..

GRRRRRRR!
11212 posts since 14 Jun, 2001 from Somewhere else, on principle

Post Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:37 pm

Especially when you think how much Bitwig costs and what you have to pay for Vital.
NOVAkILL : Dell G7 Core i7, 32GB RAM, Win10, Zoom U24 | Studio One | Thorn, bx_oberhausen, ARP Odyssey, JP6K, Hexeract, Vacuum Pro, TRK-01, Knifonium, Equator, VG Carbon, VG Iron | Uno, Analog Keys, Ultranova, Rocket.

KVRAF
2659 posts since 14 Jul, 2005 from Australia

Post Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:52 pm

There's no doubt that Bitwig's grid is awesome, but there are some important points here:

* Not everyone uses Bitwig, which makes the Grid less accessible and collaborative (for presets)
* Working in the Grid for all your sound design is much more cumbersome than working in a fixed but flexible architecture synth IMHO
* Vital is available to everyone for free

Vital is one of the lower CPU wavetable synths out there, sitting right alone Hive in my testing.

Let's just be grateful that we have Vital, something this good for free would be unheard of a few years ago.

KVRian
1143 posts since 14 Oct, 2002 from Germany

Post Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:53 pm

Don't talk to much about which synth is better, sounds better or who has a lower CPU, why not making music with it?

I recognized for me that when i make music, i often see how good the synth is for me and my music.

For example, because i was one of the SERUM factory sound designer, i often used this synth and i really like it, but sometimes i need more then 2 Oscillators because i have a idea in my mind. To make my idea life, i have to use 2 instances of serum which is no problem at all but sometimes it's better to have 3 OSC instead of 2...

These things can you only see, when you make music and you have sounds in your mind you want to do...

For me, Vital is a great synth, i can't remember that i had so much fun, since the release of SERUM, with a other synth.

Frank
Voice, sample and factory content developer Particular-Sound / Facebook / Soundcloud

KVRer
1 posts since 13 Dec, 2020

Post Sat Feb 27, 2021 4:44 am

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Hello everyone,

I've made 125 Vital presets for a price of coffee. Go for it and I hope you enjoy!
https://gum.co/hKACoD (https://gum.co/hKACoD)

KVRAF
5709 posts since 9 Dec, 2008 from Berlin

Post Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:21 am

ksertb@hotmail.com wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 4:44 am
Hello everyone,

I've made 125 Vital presets for a price of coffee. Go for it and I hope you enjoy!
https://gum.co/hKACoD
Do you have any sound demos?

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream|Thomas Helzle 8) Twitter

KVRAF
2495 posts since 6 Aug, 2009

Post Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:26 am

ThomasHelzle wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:21 am
ksertb@hotmail.com wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 4:44 am
Hello everyone,

https://gum.co/hKACoD
Do you have any sound demos?

Cheers,

Tom
agreed. $5 is a no-brainer, but would be good to have some idea of what we're purchasing. (still, i'll go for it, so you can get that cup of coffee).

EDIT: hmm. zipped the folder, changed .zip to .vitalbank. imported the bank... but it's not showing in the presets (it does show in the presets folder on my mac). i even rebooted (for some strange reason :D ). probably me... any suggestions?
https://upstatebrooklyn.com
one plugin short of perfection...

KVRer
6 posts since 28 Oct, 2020

Post Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:54 am

I've been playing with this Vital for a few months and I can't seem to get myself around the UI. Maybe it's the default skin.

KVRAF

Post Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:22 am

fisherKing wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:26 am
hmm. zipped the folder, changed .zip to .vitalbank. imported the bank... but it's not showing in the presets (it does show in the presets folder on my mac). i even rebooted (for some strange reason :D ). probably me... any suggestions?
You can just put the folder where all the other soundbanks for Vital are, no need to go to all this trouble with zipping and importing.
On Windows it's Documents/Vital/YourFolderName/ and below that individual folders for "LFOs", "Presets", "Samples", "Skins", "Wavetables" etc.

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi

KVRAF
1591 posts since 5 Oct, 2003

Post Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:34 am

I haven't read every page of this thread. I don't delve that deeply into all the technical aspects, but I will say that to me, this synth sounds and feels so so great. To me, it seems like a step forward. For some reason, it's easier for me to use than most other synths and along with Generate and Plasmonic I reach for it first. I love the MPE integration and that's a large part of the appeal for me.

KVRAF

Post Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:48 am

ThomasHelzle wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:22 am
fisherKing wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:26 am
hmm. zipped the folder, changed .zip to .vitalbank. imported the bank... but it's not showing in the presets (it does show in the presets folder on my mac). i even rebooted (for some strange reason :D ). probably me... any suggestions?
You can just put the folder where all the other soundbanks for Vital are, no need to go to all this trouble with zipping and importing.
On Windows it's Documents/Vital/YourFolderName/ and below that individual folders for "LFOs", "Presets", "Samples", "Skins", "Wavetables" etc.

Cheers,

Tom
i did that initially, but the presets did not show. i realized i needed to create a "Presets" folder IN the soundset folder, and NOW they're showing. thanks! solved!

KVRAF

Post Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:52 am

fisherKing wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:48 am
thanks! solved!
So dear preset creator, it would be good if you would create a structure for your presets that are like:
"YourLibraryName/Presets" + all the other folders you might use. Makes installing much easier.

Now looking forward to your review, fisherKing :-)

Cheers,

Tom

KVRAF

Post Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:24 am

ThomasHelzle wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:52 am
fisherKing wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:48 am
thanks! solved!
So dear preset creator, it would be good if you would create a structure for your presets that are like:
"YourLibraryName/Presets" + all the other folders you might use. Makes installing much easier.

Now looking forward to your review, fisherKing :-)

Cheers,

Tom
not really my thing (and, fwiw, mostly doesn't push the limits of vital's capabilities). maybe more 'techno' than anything else. but all of this is subjective, and (as we know from endless kvr threads), there are a million opinions. def needs some sort of demo (soundcloud, youtube...)

KVRAF

Post Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:23 am

Thanks!
I'm mostly looking for presets on the level of Yuli Yollos work (called WhyWhy here on KVR) for enjoyment and learning, not just another bunch of EDM or standard sounds, so it's probably not for me either.

Cheers,

Tom

Return to “Instruments”