Softube Modular

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Multiphonics CV-2 Reaktor Softube Modular

Arashi wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:45 am
vertibration wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:10 pm Softube is gunna have a real problem selling modular when VCV for Daw comes out. Frankly, I think Voltage Modular will have a big problem too.

Sad because Softube Modular sounds amazing, but its slow as shit, and the rack UI is atrocious to work with
Softube needs to copy pretty much everything Cherry Audio did in terms of UI. Softube Modular sounds way, way better, but I recently bought Voltage Modular and it is SO much nicer to actually use.
Yeah it's too bad their DSP sounds like NI Pro-52 from 2000.

Arashi wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:45 am
vertibration wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:10 pm Softube is gunna have a real problem selling modular when VCV for Daw comes out. Frankly, I think Voltage Modular will have a big problem too.

Sad because Softube Modular sounds amazing, but its slow as shit, and the rack UI is atrocious to work with
Softube needs to copy pretty much everything Cherry Audio did in terms of UI. Softube Modular sounds way, way better, but I recently bought Voltage Modular and it is SO much nicer to actually use.
VM UI is ugly too......Softube needs to take a long hard look at VCV rack UI. That's who is setting the standard. They need to allow to freely adjust the rack size, and use simple right click to add or delete modules. Thats it. I dont think thats asking for a lot, but its so god damn dumb that a company like Softube doesnt get it

I have had problems with gates and proper syncing with softube modular since it came out. It seems to miss clock signals here and there. I've kept it up to date, but haven't used it for much but processing drums and other signals. I love the 4ms and mutable stuff for that.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

vertibration wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:06 am VM UI is ugly too......Softube needs to take a long hard look at VCV rack UI. That's who is setting the standard. They need to allow to freely adjust the rack size, and use simple right click to add or delete modules. Thats it. I dont think thats asking for a lot, but its so god damn dumb that a company like Softube doesnt get it
I agree with you there. Voltage is pretty tacky. I just mean Softube should copy the behavior. Softube Modular looks pretty nice (IMO) but actually using it is not enjoyable, and it greatly limits what I’m willing to try…which kinda defeats the whole point of a modular system.

They did get a couple things right. I’ve always liked Softube’s UI convention that allows you to click the labels next to knobs and sliders to jump directly to that position. Knobs and sliders have fine control when you hold shift (common practice, but I’ll give them credit where it’s due). But overall the UI feels like it’s fighting me every step of the way. If it didn’t sound so fabulous I would never use it — and even then I’m usually discouraged by the effort it would take just to add a few more modules and position them the way I want.

Needs a lot of work.
Stormchild

Version 2.5.13 (Feb 23,2021)

new version of all products, including softube modular, and it's modules, highlights;

All products

Introducing resizable GUI:s for all products! VST2 in Cubase and Nuendo as well as AU in Ableton Live are currently not supported.
Made sure current loaded preset is recalled properly when loading a saved project.
Preset Collection: Fixed issue which could cause problems if you changed preset from the plug-in preset browser while Preset Collection was in group edit mode.

Model 72 Synthesizer System

Fixed an issue causing modulation using velocity to be slewed from earlier values.
Fixed the level and envelope LED:s in the Amp Room Model 72 Filter.
Added parameter readouts for Model 72 modules in Modular.

Mutable Instruments Braids

Fixed an issue with uninitialised memory that would sometimes break the DSP-processing.

check your softube central..

Softube Modular is unfortunately without competition. The quality of the emulations is simply outstanding and that's what really matters. I don't need 3000 modules that all sound average.
Regular updates are also a good sign... and many of the bad bugs are now also fixed. This gives us hope that the user interface will be reworked at some point (yes, using Softube is very cumbersome, Voltage Modular & VCV are way better).

WasteLand wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:25 am Introducing resizable GUI:s for all products!
Wow, that was unexpected. And it works quite well too! Fully resizable with smooth scaling. There are buttons in the settings pane of each plugin to save the current size as default or reset to default size.
Stormchild

Mmmm, still waiting for BigSur / M1 compatibility :-(

WasteLand wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:54 am
JohnRosso wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:35 am Why VSTi version is so sluggish and FX VST version is pretty fast? I'm on win10

adding modules to the grid takes around 6 or 8 seconds which is nuts :)
imagine how long does it takes to make a patch to load preset with a lot of modules.
Damn it. Sounds good. Not user-friendly at all
do you have the latest version. you are on windows 10.

loading time of the VSTi was a long year (or more than a year..), very long, now much faster.

but i never encountered the sluggish behavior of adding modules or loading presets, you describe.

adding module, i can't use stopwatch, so quick, preset with a lot of modules, yes can take a second or 2.

the parellel modules, are slower to add, i mean the oscillator of parallel. but any other, quick.

so, what is happening on your system? EDIT: which DAW, grapichs card, CPU, something is messing with it..
okay, I figure it out.
First of all thank you for your reply, because it encouraged me to investigate it deeply. What causes the problem is having a lot of my presets inside the DAW plugin host. I use softube preset collection manager too, but I was afraid I would lose my presets and decide to re-save them inside the DAW.
After cleaning my preset file, Modular started to act normal.
There was a moment in the past where I couldn't load my preset bank on a different system with errors like "there's 0 presets inside the bank". So I decide to save them natively inside the Reaper

Just got into ST Modular. Using it both to expand my hardware modular and as an audio processor.
Two things that I would like to see.
First: An ADSR module with individual CV in for the stages. I know this can be done with CC's, What I want to do is use velocity, I don't see that I can do that with the current ADSR.
Second: The aux outs as individual mono outs.
That's all for now, back to playing!
HP Envy 16gb/i7 6Core/2.6ghz, Win 11, Presonus Quantum 2626, Bitwig Studio, Diva, Bazille, OB-E,Various VST FX.

Anyone tried running Softube Modular on Apple M1 in spite of the "unsupported on Big Sur / M1" statements ?
I ask, because in my experience most instruments and plugins work fine on M1 under Rosetta 2 in spite of these type of manufactures statements. Most of them I already installed and use them because I read somewhere somebody did so.
Very few mention Softube though.

I use softube incl modular on m1 and it works fine

Is the re-sizing of modular, like click the corner and drag like the new juce Guis? Or is it like chose a size from a menu? I noticed the little drag corners on mdoel 72 and 84, but not modular. Also wondering if they are touch screen friendly as those with the resizable corner thing usually are.

Ploki wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:08 pm I use softube incl modular on m1 and it works fine
Glad to hear. Thank you for letting me know.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:29 pm Is the re-sizing of modular, like click the corner and drag like the new juce Guis? Or is it like chose a size from a menu? I noticed the little drag corners on mdoel 72 and 84, but not modular. Also wondering if they are touch screen friendly as those with the resizable corner thing usually are.
Corner drag does resize the plugin window, not the modules. (Mac version)

Return to “Instruments”