DDMF acquires ERS

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ERS 250 ERS DimD

Newsflash: DDMF has taken over the distribution and further development of the fabulous EmptyRoomSystems plugins. Please give a very warm welcome to the ERS 250 (a replica of a pioneering digital reverb), the ERS DimD (smooth-as-silk chorus) and the ERS EchORek2 (the beauty and the beast when it comes to analog delay units). DDMF has played a role in the early development of the ERS 250 and has gladly taken up the opportunity to continue with these three gems now that Harrie Munnik, owner of EmptyRoomSystems, has decided to shift his focus to other adventures. To properly celebrate the arrival of those new member of the DDMF family, there is a 50 percent discount for the three ERS plugins until March 1st!

Loved ERS but lack of updates/instability forced me to sell them....

That sounds like great news. I never got any of the ERS plugins, but the lack of support was a big part of the reason. DDMF taking these over is very welcome. Sounds like great news for everyone!

Let's hope this comes with price tag adjustments :D (DDMF's customer service appears to be much better too...)
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

After almost 12 years I decided to stop with Empty Room Systems. There are several reasons for me why I am stopping, but the most important one is the workload it gives me beside my other company I own. I still love to do the development of sounds and plugins, but all the other tasks have been overwhelming at times.

I am very happy that DDMF is going to continue the work that went into the plugins. Christian has developed the first C++ code that went into the ERS250 and has already a lot of information regarding the way ERS plugins are build. This way the legacy of the very nice sounding plugins will continue. We had large updates in the pipeline, that will be incorporated in the versions DDMF will release. I am happy that I found a way that the plugins can continue, so that you can continue using the great sounds that are provided with my siblings. Emptyroomsystems.com will forward towards DDMF.EU and DDMF will deliver support in the future. This way you all can continue using the sounds and enjoy the updates that has been built by us.

by the way, unless i'm misremembering, DDMF did indeed reduce the ERS250 price by ~half, so effectively current 50% off sale is actually a 75% off!
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

I was worried about how they handled the transfer for the existing customers, but when I entered the e-mail I used to register at ERS, all the plugins I purchased were there. So this worked well.

Really interested in the 250! Years back when I had a UAD card I had their version and it was really cool, great sound and super easy to use. Also going to check out the DimD, i have the sknote one, it’s nice, but why not another one? :)
Edit: 28€ for the 250, 20 for the DimD. Get ready, paypal... :D

froombosch wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:29 pm After almost 12 years I decided to stop with Empty Room Systems. There are several reasons for me why I am stopping, but the most important one is the workload it gives me beside my other company I own. I still love to do the development of sounds and plugins, but all the other tasks have been overwhelming at times.

I am very happy that DDMF is going to continue the work that went into the plugins. Christian has developed the first C++ code that went into the ERS250 and has already a lot of information regarding the way ERS plugins are build. This way the legacy of the very nice sounding plugins will continue. We had large updates in the pipeline, that will be incorporated in the versions DDMF will release. I am happy that I found a way that the plugins can continue, so that you can continue using the great sounds that are provided with my siblings. Emptyroomsystems.com will forward towards DDMF.EU and DDMF will deliver support in the future. This way you all can continue using the sounds and enjoy the updates that has been built by us.
Good luck Harrie. I've enjoyed the ERS Dimension D for years. The knobs were always a little buggy but I found ways to get around that as it was worth it for rich chorus recreation.

i cant get to ddmf webite

i don't remember the email i used back then.
I haven't used any ERS plugins since i migrated to MacOSX

DrReacto wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:35 pm Good luck Harrie. I've enjoyed the ERS Dimension D for years. The knobs were always a little buggy but I found ways to get around that as it was worth it for rich chorus recreation.
Thank you. The time it took for all the different versions needed, the bughunting and always the new updates on Apples and PCs took a lot of the fun away. I will continue with R&D regarding audio/plugins. In the background I am helping to fix some latest bugs (soundwise).

Edited
Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 16, 2023 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nice to see the expansion!

After a bit of demoing I just bought the 250, I just love the simplicity of it and it has a sound of its own. I wish the levers were labelled, though, especially for the hi/low dampening. Takes too much effort to remember which is which.

For the Dimension D, I kinda prefer the SkNote one (DDD), seems a bit more lush and keeps the transients (although you got to be careful when comparing because the DDD is much louder). Never laid eyes on an original, so it's just personal taste.

Vortifex wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:02 pm Avast didn't like the ERS 250 demo download URL or the demo.exe, reporting them both as malicious. Had to disable it to install. Anyway, the VST2 version was only outputting in mono for me, but the VST3 version was fine. The ERS EchORek2 sounded really bad to me.
Yeah, I ran the installer through virustotal, and it got four warnings. Most likely still false positives (real viruses usually trigger much more), but still, four is a bit unusual... Funnily enough, the demo only has two "detections"...
Also, all the installers are unsigned, which will trigger the next warning with Windows 10. I really think developers should a) run their installers through virustotal before sending them out, because even false positives will irritate customers
and b) sign their installers. Sure that is no guarantee that the installer is malware free if the dev's computer is already infected, but imho it should be standard nowadays.

Return to “Effects”