Best DAW poll

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

chk071 wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:54 pm
PatchAdamz wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:35 pm Some people are more logical, other more intuitive so its really just a matter of what works for you.
I always thought logical equals intuitive in most cases.

In terms of DAW's, I would rather use different terms. I think all the DAW's try to be logical/intuitive. It's more a matter of how you want to work. Although I must admit that I don't find DAW's like Live or Bitwig intuitive at all. Rather because I'm not used to such a workflow though, probably.
Yeh everyone has a unique approach for sure. I find Live SUPER fluent and intuitive.
I think everyone will just gravitate towards what makes sense to them, I tried fruity loops when starting out and couldnt make sense of it for the life of me compared to Ableton.

I used Cubase 5 for a long time and tried Reaper after that, but found it really off-putting. Too similar but weaker compared to Cubase (I know, it's just what you're used to). Now I have used latest Cubase for years and only tried Ableton Live. I really like the quick midi learning features but everything else seems weird.
Since I have wandered to electronic music I would love to try Reason or especially Bitwig, but can't justify the expense...

Lati wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:13 am I used Cubase 5 for a long time and tried Reaper after that, but found it really off-putting. Too similar but weaker compared to Cubase (I know, it's just what you're used to). Now I have used latest Cubase for years and only tried Ableton Live. I really like the quick midi learning features but everything else seems weird.
Since I have wandered to electronic music I would love to try Reason or especially Bitwig, but can't justify the expense...
Same experience here.

They're all great really but I prefer Studio One. It just works the way I want my DAW to work.

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”