Audiority PolyComp updated to v1.3.1 - Multiband Mastering Compressor - AAX/AU/CLAP/VST2/VST3

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
PolyComp

We are happy to introduce to you our newest effect plugin: PolyComp

PolyComp is a versatile dynamic processor, providing three bands of VCA compression. Each band is an independent compressor with its own standard controls (Threshold, Ratio, Attack, Release, Gain) and a three way switch to bypass or mute each band.

You can use PolyComp as a corrective compressor on single tracks, as a mixbus compressor or as a mastering tool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5BPZvDx-pw

Specifications
  • Analog Modelled VCA Compressor
  • Three Bands (Low, Mid, High)
  • Two Crossover Filters
  • Independent Threshold, Ratio, Attack, Release, Gain per band
  • On/Bypass/Mute Switch for each band
  • Dry/Wet Control for parallel compression
  • Global In/Out Gain
  • Sidechain selector (Per Band / Full BW)
  • Resizable interface
  • CLAP, VST2, VST3, AU and AAX (64bit only)
  • OSX (Intel + Silicon) and Windows

Price: €45/$45
Read more: https://www.audiority.com/shop/polycomp/

Cheers,
Luca
Last edited by Audiority on Sat Sep 30, 2023 8:57 am, edited 6 times in total.

Looks nice - Congratulation👍

Well, audiority plugins are always worth a test, and in theory I would like something like this, a simple multiband compressor, although I usually do not use them that much, mostly for badly recorded bass guitar.
But tbh I have some problems with this:
- the font size of the labels and numbers is tiny, even on the largest setting.
- How is this thing calibrated? With my standard -18db gain staging, it is really hard to get this thing to do more than 3-4dB of gain reduction, even with the threshold turned down completely.
- which leads me to: this plugin needs global input/output gain controls.

yeah that font size is nuts.
i reckon it needs a master output gain. too fiddly otherwise.

there's plenty of make-up gain for each band,
but often a band does not have enough gain to even hit the threshold
needs at least a master input gain

fese wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:09 am ...
- which leads me to: this plugin needs global input/output gain controls.
+1

Hey guys,
feedback duly noted. About the threshold, currently the sidechain signal comes from the filtered input of each band. That's why sometimes it won't reach the threshold value.
I'll implement a master IN/OUT and a switch to change the sidechain between "per band" and "full bandwidth".

Cheers,
Luca

If you could also use that output volume control to gain-compensate your demo video that would be helpful. It's not very useful as-is.

We also have demo versions of our plugins, so you can test first hand if it meets your needs.

Cheers,
Luca

It's nonethess a fair (and helpful) enough remark, I would say - your video is supposed to have a purpose after all, else you (or whoever) would not have done it and you would not have linked to it here...

I hope the majority of people (developers, preset-designers, content creators) one day will finally come to realize how crucial proper gain increase compensation is... it basically is the single most important thing, as louder will always be better. That is really the FIRST thing everyone who has got anthing to do with music-production should learn and know and realize and always remember. I really don't get what so hard about giving the required credit to that fact. It's outright lame and tiring, frankly put.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

This sounds pretty damn good. Does it add any nonlinearities (saturation) at the input, output, or VCA stage? I have a passive crossover single channel diy 4 band VCA comp I made for recording weird hardware setups and it makes some fun distortion. I was just curious how much of this sort of thing is modelled in the plugin. I'll play with the demo anyway.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

jens wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:40 pm It's nonethess a fair (and helpful) enough remark, I would say - your video is supposed to have a purpose after all, else you (or whoever) would not have done it and you would not have linked to it here...

I hope the majority of people (developers, preset-designers, content creators) one day will finally come to realize how crucial proper gain increase compensation is... it basically is the single most important thing, as louder will always be better. That is really the FIRST thing everyone who has got anthing to do with music-production should learn and know and realize and always remember. I really don't get what so hard about giving the required credit to that fact. It's outright lame and tiring, frankly put.
Thanks, Jens. I do really see the point and I'll definitely make another video with proper gain compensation. Unfortunately, as a one-man-band, I don't have the time to focus on just one thing. It'll be done, but not by tomorrow. In the meantime, I've worked on the plugin and added the requested features. It'll be uploaded today.

Cheers,
Luca

PolyComp updated to v1.1
– NEW: Global In/Out Gain controls
– NEW: Sidechain selector (Per Band or Full BW)

To update download the new installers from your User Area account.

Cheers,
Luca

Audiority wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:54 am Unfortunately, as a one-man-band, I don't have the time to focus on just one thing. It'll be done, but not by tomorrow.
Please don't get me wrong. I know how much work all that is and how difficult it is to take care of every little detail - when making such videos and when making everything else, so totally hats off to you big time for managing to pull it off like this. I also certainly think that the actual plugin coding is a thousand times as important as such a video and I also agree that if in doubt, people can always try the plugins themselves.

Also my post was far from being directing towards you exclusively or personally - and yet I think the point can't be stressed enough and basically should be stressed each and every time the issue at hand somehow gets new evidence - but of course we don't do that because it would be tiring and tedious and potentially outright pointless (if not even counter-productive).

Be that as it may be, big thanks to you for a your hard work so far - I love your plugins, as you may know. :hail:
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Hey jens, sorry if I seemed "bothered". I'm not! :D I always appreciate an honest feedback. I'll definitely improve these kind of videos, otherwise it doesn't matter how good the product is if the first impact is reflecting something wrong.

Cheers!
Luca

Luca can you tell us any more about the inner workings of this machine?
Is it based on anything? Inspired by anything in particular?
I think it's great value for under thirty dollars, and your connection to the Auditory user base is commendable. Thanks heaps!

Return to “Effects”