Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S49 MK2 vs Maschine MK3 for "hardware workflow"

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi there.
I'm planning to go all the way to Maschine and Komplete software for beatmaking (I have another DAW for recording vocals and sometimes mixing my beats).
I already own Novation Launchkey 49 MK2, which is good for Ableton and has nice integration with it, but doesn't fully satisfy my needs for "hardware workflow".
What I mean by "hardware workflow" is when I can make music from start to finish without even looking on computer screen or touching computer keyboard or mouse. I know, Ableton has Push for that, but since I'm switching from Ableton, I'm not interested in it at all.

Both Komplete Kontrol S49 MK2 and Maschine MK3 have good LCD screens, and as far as I know, with Maschine MK3 you can totally control your software including Maschine Software itself and all NKS-ready instruments in it. There is even some options mapped to pads.
The question is, could Komplete Kontrol S49 MK2 work the same way? It looks like it has same knobs and buttons as Maschine, but is it total equivalent to Maschine, but with keys instead of pads?

No. If you use the KK S49, you will have to look at the screen and use the mouse sometimes. For preset browsing, controlling NKS instruments, etc you wouldn't have to. You can't make edits in the Maschine sequencer and stuff using the S49. Using a Maschine MK3, you can make a track start to finish without looking at the screen.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”