Vember Audio Surge is now open-source

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Surge XT The Sonic Transformation

Ha ! I remember now the reason why i dismissed this synth some time ago.
Is there some hidden in the menu way to make it go true (voice level) unison ?
All i can find is the oscillator unison.

If not, then this is my feature request. :)
An obvious workaround for now - spawn multiple instances.
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

There is no voice level unison, only on osc level.

Well, you could get a 2 voice unison by setting scene mode to Dual and copy one scene to another, at least...

Voice level unison is easier on the CPU :)

EvilDragon wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:17 pm There is no voice level unison, only on osc level.
Thanks.
EvilDragon wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:17 pm Well, you could get a 2 voice unison by setting scene mode to Dual and copy one scene to another, at least...
:)
That is 4 times not enough for what i wanted to do.
EvilDragon wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:17 pm Voice level unison is easier on the CPU :)
You mean "oscillator". :)
It is the same in Synth1, has its uses too.
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

Ha right, I meant oscillator. Typo :)

Big thanks to the team for steadily making this synth more and more awesome!
Love the fact you were able to integrate some filter models from other synths :)

+1 for Mutant's feature request about voice level unison, but with a twist:
Simply provide an additional modulation source, where each voice playing for a note is distributed evenly across the [-1,1] range (eg. when setting voice unison level to 5, you'd get -1, -0.5, 0, +0.5, +1).

With that, one is no longer limited to detuning and stereo spread, but can do so much more stuff when assigning it to filters, envelopes, whatever, ...

I've suggested the same for Odin 2 before, which kindly implemented it. U-He synths typically have that as well :)

interdasting

tomx2188 wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:42 pm Big thanks to the team for steadily making this synth more and more awesome!
Love the fact you were able to integrate some filter models from other synths :)

Simply provide an additional modulation source, where each voice playing for a note is distributed evenly across the [-1,1] range (eg. when setting voice unison level to 5, you'd get -1, -0.5, 0, +0.5, +1).

With that, one is no longer limited to detuning and stereo spread, but can do so much more stuff when assigning it to filters, envelopes, whatever, ...

I've suggested the same for Odin 2 before, which kindly implemented it. U-He synths typically have that as well :)
This is a super good idea. Not super easy but also not super hard. I recorded it over at GitHub so we don't forget. https://github.com/surge-synthesizer/surge/issues/3895

baconpaul wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:23 pm
tomx2188 wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:42 pm Big thanks to the team for steadily making this synth more and more awesome!

This is a super good idea. Not super easy but also not super hard. I recorded it over at GitHub so we don't forget. https://github.com/surge-synthesizer/surge/issues/3895
That's actually a fantastic idea. I've alwasy loved that feature in Image-Line synths (sytrus, harmor) and wished more plugins had it. I didn't even know that was in Odin, I'll have to chek it out.
Free BassTables for Xfer Serum 1 | 2
2016 Synthmaster Song Contest Winner Presets

is Netrunner skin (viewtopic.php?t=511922&start=1935) working with the last nightly built? got this "Skin Error:
Skin version '0' is lower than 1. Why?"
thanks.

Is the actual skin version in the XML file set to 1?

it was not, i set to 1 and now seems to work, thank you and thanks to the skin author!

That is a nice skin indeed!
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

I’m not sure if I found a bug, and how to best report a bug. I’m noticing that monophonic playback, legato style, can cause the surge synth to almost infinitely sustain (it does eventually stop but after a long time). This goes away with poly mode or mono mode with envelope re-trigger

Do you have a 100% reproducible case? Which patch(es), and MIDI data being played when it happens?

I really like this synth but am struggling to see it. Zoom is great but I can't use any scroll bars to get around. Is this normal?

Win 7
Latest Reaper
We jumped the fence because it was a fence not be cause the grass was greener.
https://scrubbingmonkeys.bandcamp.com/
https://sites.google.com/view/scrubbing-monkeys

Return to “Instruments”