One Synth Challenge #145: Kairatune by Futucraft (z.prime wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Submissions:
https://soundcloud.com/kvrosc/sets/one- ... llenge-145

Welcome to the One Synth Challenge #145! It's a friendly music competition where you can win cool prizes but most importantly, meet amazing musicians, and learn a lot about mixing, sound design, and more! :)

Want a chat room with other OSCers? Join our slack here

The Kairatune Strikes Back: It's a gorgeous beast of a synth, with a multi-oscillator sound generator that is simple to use and versatile.

https://youtu.be/H8cGabTBOh8?t=14
https://youtu.be/3HEo-gnI0Uo?t=308

Prizes:
(Would you like to be a sponsor / prize donor? Contact RichardSemper via PM or go ahead and post your intended donation here! Get a cool mention on our donator wall of honor)

Special Note:
We are offering a secondary prize (on top of the normal prize): FXB Project, or JRR Shop (Uncle E)

NEW Additional Bonus Prize!
For the first Single Instance entry to make the top 5 a cash bonus of $50. (note: this prize may be carried forward to selected OSC challenges until it is won)

discoDSP : 1 copy of Discovery (Up to 2 winners may choose this)

KV331 Audio : Bundle of Synthmaster One + Synthmaster 2.x!

Dmitry Sches : Tantra Multi-Effect + 3 Expansions

Dmitry Sches : Diversion

NUSofting : 1 Copy of Modelonia v2 Synthesizer

ChordPak.com : 1x Pro Pack (Up to 3 winners may choose this)

United Audio Artists : Scratch Master Pro (2 may be chosen per month)

Yuli Yolo Sound Design : (Top 3 Winners get this) Soundsets for Vital: Diversity, Bass Music Wavetables, Noises & Exciters

Luftrum : Two Choices: Either 1x NFR software license of either Bioscape or Lunaris, or two soundsets of choice

Audio Thing : Outer Space (vintage tape echo plugin)

Guda Audio : Euterpe XL

JRR Sounds: Any 1 soundset (This is a secondary prize, you may pick it as well as your main prize)

SoundGym : 6 Month Subscription. (SoundGym is a
"technological, personalized and gamified audio learning environment")

Synthmorph: Any 1 soundset

JRR Shop : UVI: Digital Synsations (vintage 90's synth sample library and player)

Touch The Universe Productions: LuSH-101 Cloud Layers soundset

The FXB Project by alvfaria : 1 commercial sound bank as an extra prize on top of the regular first prize. See the main site here

Sonimus : (One Featured plugin each month), This month: SonEQ Pro.

Abstract Cats Music : AbiTron Bank for Synthmaster

satYatunes : One of any commercial product

Xenos Soundworks : Choice of any 1 product

Ghostwave Audio : Any two soundsets of Choice

Twolegs Toneworks : Any one soundset

The Unfinished : Any two soundsets of Choice

Rob Lee Music : A soundset for either: Sylenth1, Predator, Largo, Blofeld, PPGV3 or Dune. Unfortunately his main site is down, but if you still want these, let us know!

Kreativ Sound: RAW Bundle
(RAW Bass, RAW Drums, RAW TranSID, RAW Textures)

Aiyn Zahev Sounds: Any 2 Soundsets of choice from the website (Uplifting Trance Presets)

Pooya Payvar (Stonail) : 1 custom made Max for [Ableton] Live: controller, midi or audio effect

Mulperi : 1 Soundbank of Choice

Dream Audio Tools : 1 Indie Fingers bundle (Indie Fingers volumes One and Two)

Bjulin : Inspire soundset for Zebra²

LeapIntoTheVoid : Enchantment Of Absynth Trilogy

Bluff Munkey - 2 soundsets of choice

Solidtrax : 1 Soundset of choice (except for the Future Chill and Space Trips expansions)

Any other offers of prizes will be greatly appreciated. :hail: :hail: :hail:

Questions? Comments? Concerns? You want some love? Just post here in this thread :)

Want to try out your skills in other contests / competitions /challenges?
  • DiHalt Demoscene competitions - Developers may be looking for artists to make music.
  • Indaba - Has a mix of popular and indie artists with various contests like remixing and song writing.
  • metapop - Has many competitions, with a soundcloud like interface where you can share, upload, get likes, comments, etc.
  • Mix Challenge - Join monthly recurring Songwriting Competitions (with a new theme/genre every month) and/or Mix(ing) Challenges (mixing multi-tracks from scratch). Win prizes!
  • Open Source Music Nexus Challenge - From the people who brought you the FM Challenge last year!
  • Skio Music Contests - Lots of remixes you can join (Mostly EDM) - big prizes.
Last edited by bjporter on Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:20 am, edited 4 times in total.

Looks fun!

Ho ho-o-o, Back to the future with a futuristic synth from the past! It's a pity that this is mono, although with Kairatune you don't even want to bypass this restriction) But at the end of the month, it will be interesting to open the OSC #36 playlist and listen to how much the level of skill in this challenge has grown in 9 years!

After playing around for ten minutes, it crashes Cubase :shock:

OSC #36 was the first one synth challenge I ever submitted to (and my highest ever placing!) Will be fun to revisit this synth.

Is there a 64 bit version of this because Cubase 11 rejects all 32 bit plugins.

wagtunes wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:36 pm Is there a 64 bit version of this because Cubase 11 rejects all 32 bit plugins.
Available on the official website (https://futucraft.com/kairatune/) or on VST4FREE.

64-bit version is a vst3 ...
dB

IV! wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:47 pm
wagtunes wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:36 pm Is there a 64 bit version of this because Cubase 11 rejects all 32 bit plugins.
Available on the official website (https://futucraft.com/kairatune/) or on VST4FREE.
Thanks

doctorbob wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:49 pm 64-bit version is a vst3 ...
dB
There is v1. 2. 4 VST2 64bit - this is the final version, so to speak. Versions 1.2.5 and 1.2.6 were dedicated to the release and debugging of Kairatune for Mac, and 1.2.7 introduced VST3 and nothing more. (from the official website)
P.S. The VST3 version gave an error during installation (who needs these exe files at all?! :x ) and then it didn't start in VSTHost. I will use the good old VST2 :tu:

I'm genuinely stoked about this. One of my favorite contests from many years ago. :-D

gorgorgathgorgorgor wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:40 pm I'm genuinely stoked about this. One of my favorite contests from many years ago. :-D
I glanced at the first contest yesterday, and was surprised to discover, of all things, a cyberhalling! Man, there's a long way from Hallingdal to Houston!
All Ted Mountainé's Songs on Spotify | Soundcloud | Twitter | His Latest Videos
The Byte Hop, the virtual home of Ted Mountainé – news as they might have happened.

Just getting started, so apologies if I missed something obvious: No env retrig / legato bypass?
All Ted Mountainé's Songs on Spotify | Soundcloud | Twitter | His Latest Videos
The Byte Hop, the virtual home of Ted Mountainé – news as they might have happened.

schiing wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:38 am Just getting started, so apologies if I missed something obvious: No env retrig?
In the oscillator section is a button called TRIG. That should do the trick. For reference, check the manual. https://futucraft.com/download/kairatun ... ce-manual/

Edit: or maybe it doesn't do the trick. The manual doesn't seem to be too clear about that. I can't try at the moment...

@schiing: I don't think you're missing anything.

What I do get ( in REAPER at least ) is 'phaser depth' detuning the oscillator. A lot. :lol: This bug does not occur in the 32-bit version.

Return to “Instruments”