f. 'em - a new FM synth from Tracktion

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
chipsynth OPS7 F.'em FM8

I tried pretty hard to get excited about Algoritm but it just seems...unremarkable. Nothing that would make me spend $100 considering I already have FM8 and Phase Plant (a bit different than the others mentioned here I realize but still more or less an FM synth). I think Alogritm would have been a really nice built-in synth for Reason but I guess that's not the route they chose (or maybe they still will...no idea what's going on over there). I'm also loathe to purchase more REs since they've discontinued Reason Intro and I'll have to shell out for the full Reason to get future versions of the Rack plugin.
Softsynth addict and electronic music enthusiast.
"Destruction is the work of an afternoon. Creation is the work of a lifetime."

You need to do metric conversions on release dates; double it and add 30.
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

I was surprised by the depth of Algorithm when I watched the intro video. There is a lot to it that isn’t immediately apparent. That and Complex are truly innovative synths.

Greenstorm33 wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:28 pm...I think Alogritm would have been a really nice built-in synth for Reason but I guess that's not the route they chose (or maybe they still will...no idea what's going on over there)...
According to Mattias, the devices made available stand-alone in the Add-On Shop won't be added to future versions of Reason, so if any synth or FX were to be added to Reason they'll just appear there (and maybe later in the Shop).
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

antic604 wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:48 pm
DJ Warmonger wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:18 amWoah, looks like dream FM synth. Everything here accessible and laid out clearly.

Unlike FM8, which turned out to be outdated mess.
Have you considered Algoritm (assuming you have access to Reason / Reason Rack Plugin)?

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=561430
Looks cool, I've got not Reason to use that :shrug:
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

Exciting if vague update for those waiting to F'em
viewtopic.php?p=8051953#p8051953
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

pough wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:28 pm Exciting if vague update for those waiting to F'em
viewtopic.php?p=8051953#p8051953
It is a bit vague, but 'very close' is better than soon, I guess. I did read somewhere they were aiming for a first quarter release, so we may actually be very close. I'm really interested in taking the demo for a spin.
I wish I could sing as well as the voices inside my head...

http://www.cdbaby.com/darkvictory

So it seems out and no talk? Uh, what is going on KVR? :)

There is already a new thread

Buckster wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 5:12 pm There is already a new thread
O.k. sorry. I hate when that happens :wink:

Cinebient wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 5:16 pm
O.k. sorry. I hate when that happens :wink:
Its not the best new thread title doesn't really jump.out

Edited
Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 16, 2023 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Where? I'm blind... 8)

martinjuenke wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 6:14 pm
Where? I'm blind... 8)
Didn't see it either. Anyway, I downloaded the trial version. Seems nice and well laid out. The GUUI is very clear, which is great in an FM synth. Have to try to program some sounds to check what I can get from it.

But more than 100 euros for "launch price"? :eek: :eek: :eek:
Fernando (FMR)

Its in the Traction Forum

viewtopic.php?p=8124134
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Return to “Instruments”