UA Bass-Mint any good? compared to other enhancers?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hey guys i didnt check PA long time and saw this plugin but with all the saturators/enhancers is this any better than others etc? what are your thoughts? thx
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

I’m curious about this too. I’m not going to have time for proper testing before the end of this PA sale. I have waves rbass, boz Bark of Dog and UAD Voice of God, but I’m not completely in love with any of them. The controls on VOG are kind of a mess. RBass is too aggressive. Bark of Dog is the best of the three IMO. But bassmint seems to offer a ton more options.

Never tried it/even heard of it, sorry. As Razzia mentioned, Bark Of Dog is a an alternative, among others. I use mostly VoS Nasty LF for subby stuff though but Bark Of Dog does the job well done.

Another one is bx_subfilter
https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/prod ... ilter.html

Never tried it but seen many positive comments about it here on KvR.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

The one thing I found unique about it, as far as I know, is the Synthesize mode which allows you to set what frequency you want the generated sub pitch. Others I have are either an octave below or somewhat fixed.

Halonmusic wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:15 am Never tried it/even heard of it, sorry. As Razzia mentioned, Bark Of Dog is a an alternative, among others. I use mostly VoS Nasty LF for subby stuff though but Bark Of Dog does the job well done.

Isn't Bark Of Dog just a resonant highpass filter? It's not really using the same tech as exciters like MaxxBass etc

Not heard BassMint either, but UA make good plugins. I'm sure its a quality plugin, though i'm not that fond of pyshco acoustic bass enhancers
I

TIMT wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:11 am
Halonmusic wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:15 am Never tried it/even heard of it, sorry. As Razzia mentioned, Bark Of Dog is a an alternative, among others. I use mostly VoS Nasty LF for subby stuff though but Bark Of Dog does the job well done.

Isn't Bark Of Dog just a resonant highpass filter? It's not really using the same tech as exciters like MaxxBass etc

Not heard BassMint either, but UA make good plugins. I'm sure its a quality plugin, though i'm not that fond of pyshco acoustic bass enhancers
Yeah, imho Bark Of Dog is only a resonant HP filter. Tbh I really dig the old wave RBass plugin on kick drums but nothing more. I have the UA Bass-Mint as a subscription user but have not used it in any of my projects so I can´t comment on this.
Underground Music Production: Sound Design, Machine Funk, High Tech Soul

TIMT wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:11 am

I suppose it is.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

I've gotten some pretty cool results with Bass-Mint but I honestly have a hard time understanding what all the features are lol. Using something like R-Bass is so much quicker and easier to understand what's happening

I doubt any plugin to date has re-captured the Waves MaxxBass effect.
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

Halma wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:35 pm Yeah, imho Bark Of Dog is only a resonant HP filter. Tbh I really dig the old wave RBass plugin on kick drums but nothing more. I have the UA Bass-Mint as a subscription user but have not used it in any of my projects so I can´t comment on this.

I'm a fan. I think it's strength is its choice of algorithms. That gives you more options to be able to choose the right algorithm for the right context.

Mind you that RBass has a classic sound in its own right, but does something different as it doesn't generate sub frequencies. Instead it actually synthesises higher frequencies to give the illusion of subharmonics. It's quite effective too.

callahanryan12 wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:59 pm I've gotten some pretty cool results with Bass-Mint but I honestly have a hard time understanding what all the features are lol. Using something like R-Bass is so much quicker and easier to understand what's happening
I mean, the Bass Mint manual is one page long. The octave mode of Bass Mint should do essentially the same thing as RBass except with more tone shaping controls. I'm hoping to give it a good bit of testing today, but I've tried it on a handful of sounds. I like it. It's got several different algorithms that make it a potential replacement for any number of other bass enhancement plugins.

I still think Bark of Dog has its place though. The combo mode on it is pretty nifty. Gives you the pultec cut/boost curve plus HPF in about one second.

Bass Mint is great. It's easy to get good results quickly. I'm not sure I understand the comments about it being hard to use or complicated -- there are only 5 knobs. It's one of the most straightforward plugins I own.

+1 for Bass Mint.
The art of knowing is knowing what to ignore.

+1 Bass Mint ..

I love it
and use it:)
a lot of shaping under one roof.
+1

Return to “Effects”