Spire Synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Elektro Synth 1.5 Spire Presets Spire

why 96k?

anyway, i don't regret buying spire. loving it

Ploki wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:13 pm why 96k?

anyway, i don't regret buying spire. loving it
This is all subjective, was happy working at 44.1khz and 24bit, most things were set similar, samples, ir and kontakt libraries, plugins worked fine, I’d set things manually in synths, kontakt, plugins to use over sampling or different engines as needed. Tried 96khz and it was more trouble than it was worth at the time, so just never thought about it, till I upgraded my laptop.

Curiosity got the better of me so started experimenting at 96k again, found that everything got more focused, I had to think more about my moves as I couldn’t work the same @ 44. Sounds were slotting into place easier and finding there own space, wasn’t shaping things as much as I usually do, to get things to sit right in a full mix, as I like to layer things a bit too much, soundstage can get overloaded and cloudy.

Found that small details weren’t getting buried as easily with everything else playing, shaping sounds with saturation, eq’s and comps I could squeeze that extra bit of juice out of things, get some more movement or tasty distortion that kept its definition and didn’t get lost in the mix. Pads especially seem easier to work with, shape and place, retaining definition on the sides and having that greater sense of depth.

Then I loaded one of my older 44.1khz 24bit tracks I liked and my word it sounded just as good sonically, had overall nice detail to it, so I started to doubt the sonic odyssey I’d just been enjoying at 96k 24bit. So that’s where I am at the moment, in a place of happy doubt, find I don’t have to work things as much at 96, but like the freedom of 44, when I can remember to turn on over sampling for things that need it, as sometimes it’s sounds better off, my experiments continue.

fair enough.
I wish DAW's started doing per channel oversampling instead of per plugin. More control and less filters, switchable by necessity (2x 4x 8x)

Recently got Spire in the end of year sale as well. Also picked up several libraries. Absolutely thrilled with it.

I agree. I highly recommend the Bellatrix Audio libraries if you are looking for pads. So beautiful. I bought almost all the rest of their libraries I didn't already have during their incredible sale.

mister-rz wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:08 pm ot affiliated with these cats or anything, but the presets I liked the most, out of the haul I’d got over christmas are having a 75% sale atm, was 60% when I was plundering over the new year, oh well, ends tomorrow on the 3rd, there big bundle is very cheap atm.

https://bellatrixaudio.com/product-cate ... t/presets/
cheers for that

I have also been enjoying libraries from Howard Smith (who just released a new one, too). I've really been focused on pads/ambient stuff lately and both Bellatrix Audio and Howard Smith have been fantastic.

I've been learning Spire by seeing how they designed some their sounds.

Lovely deals for Valentine's day!
Up to 90$ off on Spire and 30% off on all sounds:
www.reveal-sound.com

Ploki wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:39 pm fair enough.
I wish DAW's started doing per channel oversampling instead of per plugin. More control and less filters, switchable by necessity (2x 4x 8x)
My forum etiquette needs work, one other advantage working at 96khz is lower latency, I can have a high buffer setting in logic and still play on my midi controller without the massive delay.

Cpu overhead tho is a mare at 96khz, I like voxengo’s approach with the auto mode for over sampling, set and forget, spire though has become one of my favourite synths, both in hardware and software, sound is just gorgeous.

mister-rz wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:07 pm
My forum etiquette needs work, one other advantage working at 96khz is lower latency, I can have a high buffer setting in logic and still play on my midi controller without the massive delay.

Cpu overhead tho is a mare at 96khz, I like voxengo’s approach with the auto mode for over sampling, set and forget, spire though has become one of my favourite synths, both in hardware and software, sound is just gorgeous.
+1 on everything :)

Ploki wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:17 pm
mister-rz wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:07 pm

+1 on everything :)
:hihi: See spire like ik tapes, thirsty but I don’t want that sound to change, so I’ll develop workarounds.

Spire Synthesizer has been updated to v1.5.7 - build 5153 (2021.03.01)
==========================
* Fixes for interface glitches in Big Sur
* Optimization for Apple Silicon M1
* Fixes for Arpeggiator
* Minor improvements

All oscillators on one page would be nice. Not that it will happen though.

Could you do a mock-up on how that is supposed to work? Remember that you have to cramp all the osc controls in there as well...

maniacoli wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:53 pm Spire Synthesizer has been updated to v1.5.7 - build 5153 (2021.03.01)
Tried to demo it, and it crashed the daw, also right click modulation destination line is not shown properly.

roman.i wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:18 pm also right click modulation destination line is not shown properly.
I can confirm that in Studio One Pro 4.6 64-bit, Windows 10. When you right-click a parameter to drag & drop modulation, the destination line points to the top left of the plugin GUI, and doesn't move with the mouse pointer.

Return to “Instruments”