Best PA Bass Amps?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Got that $29 voucher burning a hole in my pocket, and wanted to hear people's opinions about what the best bass amps offered by Plugin Alliance are.
A well-behaved signature.

Give them a demo. See what suits your needs.
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

The Noodlist wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:02 am Give them a demo. See what suits your needs.
I have, but sometimes I'm not aware of nuances, etc., because of the limited time I have for demoing.

The Ampeg SVT-VR. Its the most versatile of the Ampeg series.

I would also add the new GK but its not on sale.

Bass Dude.
/thread
:D
Seriously,
Bass Dude.

The Brainworx Ampegs first appeared on UAD. They're fantastic.
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

Thanks gang... I'm considering the SVT-VR. To me it sounds very similar to the V4B, which I already have, so I'm thinking it's maybe too close to be worth having both.

Googly Smythe wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:33 pm Bass Dude.
/thread
Seriously,
Bass Dude.
Exactly!!!
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jens wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:27 pm
/thread
Seriously,
Bass Dude.
Exactly!!!
Well awesome! I already have that one, so I'm set :D

Well, I didn't say no to the free Ampeg, but I have yet to use it in a song... it's a little tame for my taste - not what I'd associate Ampeg with btw. - you don't get these kind of massive, thundering rock sounds out of it as you get with Bassdude (it offers that kind of distortion that sounds relatively clean until you hear the bass on its own (or at least in a very sparse context) - that's what I always associated the name Ampeg with btw.)
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jens wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:53 am Well, I didn't say no to the free Ampeg, but I have yet to use it in a song... it's a little tame for my taste - not what I'd associate Ampeg with btw. - you don't get these kind of massive, thundering rock sounds out of it as you get with Bassdude (it offers that kind of distortion that sounds relatively clean until you hear the bass on its own (or at least in a very sparse context) - that's what I always associated the name Ampeg with btw.)
Yeah, the Ampeg does seem a bit tame. That's okay with me, I was thinking of using it for warming duties on synths and maybe drums.

Gave that new Gallien Krueger a bit of a thrashing and I quite like that. I'm also a fan of the SVT VR and 3Pro. It really does come down to tastes and what genres of music you play... or mix.

/thread
Seriously,
Bass Dude.
Ditto. Bassdude is very cool on bass and guitar. It's a Fender Bassman sim. I can't say how close it is to the real thing (I've no idea although I played my share of Bassman amps years ago) but it is very good.

I tried their Ampegs and was not that impressed. A friend of mine's got a vintage B15 and PA's B15N (a sim of a reissue B15) is not all that close.

I couldn't care less about GK, not my cup of tea although I like RHCP. Seemed very brittle to me very fast.

k

for the Ampeg sims you need to take care of the very different impulses!! also the horn switch is important.
e.g. often I use the 3 -- 8x10 2x DYN57 EQ.

my favorites are the SVT-VR and the Bassdude
"There is no strength in numbers... have no such misconception... but when you need me be assured I won't be far away."

Return to “Effects”