Phase Plant released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Another sale is on at https://kilohearts.com/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sound sculptist

Hmmm, had them all other than 'Filter' so picked that up (even cheaper on AudioDeluxe) - Good for before reverb and working closer to a cheap 'Ultimate' purchase.

EDIT- It was close enough- purchase the Ultimate update, now I have it all....everything is it it should be :evil: :D
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

I put and EQ and reverb in effects lane 2, hoping to use lanes 1 and 2 in parallel, with the same signal going through both, but it doesn't seem possible. My goal was to have the EQ on the signal going into the fully wet reverb (and using the mix knob to adjust amount) without affecting the dry signal. The manual did say the effects lanes could be used in parallel, but I take it that this is only by sending one oscillator to one lane and another oscillator to another lane. Is there a way to do what I want?
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

Dirtgrain wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:47 pm I put and EQ and reverb in effects lane 2, hoping to use lanes 1 and 2 in parallel, with the same signal going through both, but it doesn't seem possible. My goal was to have the EQ on the signal going into the fully wet reverb (and using the mix knob to adjust amount) without affecting the dry signal. The manual did say the effects lanes could be used in parallel, but I take it that this is only by sending one oscillator to one lane and another oscillator to another lane. Is there a way to do what I want?
You can have multiple outputs for a single oscillator group. Create an output for both lanes 1 and 2 and then route their outputs both to lane 3/master and I think that should do what you want. Unfortunately the output doubles as the amp envelope so you'll have to set that twice.
Softsynth addict and electronic music enthusiast.
"Destruction is the work of an afternoon. Creation is the work of a lifetime."

That is it. Many thanks.

Dirtgrain wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:47 pm I put and EQ and reverb in effects lane 2, hoping to use lanes 1 and 2 in parallel, with the same signal going through both, but it doesn't seem possible. My goal was to have the EQ on the signal going into the fully wet reverb (and using the mix knob to adjust amount) without affecting the dry signal. The manual did say the effects lanes could be used in parallel, but I take it that this is only by sending one oscillator to one lane and another oscillator to another lane. Is there a way to do what I want?
Why don't you use SnapHEAP, Its free.

Ah, I just saw that Snap Heap busses can be switched to parallel--that is another way to do it. Thanks for the idea.

Multipass is on sale for $29 at pluginboutique using the code:

PBMULTIPASS

rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:19 pm Multipass is on sale for $29 at pluginboutique using the code:

PBMULTIPASS

rsp
Wow- amazing deal! + you would get AudioThing Wave Box free at the moment with any purchases! If I didn't already have it I would be all over that deal!!

https://www.pluginboutique.com/articles/1705
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Same here!

SLiC wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:28 pm + you would get AudioThing Wave Box free at the moment with any purchases! If I didn't already have it I would be all over that deal!!
I got Multipass last time it was on sale for $29, which is indeed great. Wave Box doesn't really strike me as... like mWaveshaper. mWavefolder and your DAW's stock waveshaper should probably cover everything you need in this regard, and already for free, am I wrong? Even for the pre-post filtering it's hardly an issue to just... put on an EQ. If it's not already built in, same with the LFOs... And greater curve control.

In other news,

I used to be extremely excited about the KHS system but at this point, I'm kind of on the fence about whether or not I want to keep getting into it. Phase Plant generally has been tending to sound pretty flat for me (which is great for some), and the sample osc (which I make a lot of use of) seems to collapse the stereo image quite a lot and lose some quality. I'm holding out for granular, but I'm wondering if I should just get something else like Pigments/Avenger and call it a day. Avenger seems very cool with its AM/FM + now it also has Shimmerverb; Pigments has slightly better control over the grain generator itself re: grain envelopes + pitch quantization though I'm not sure if you can't just get similar enough results by using more grain oscs in Avenger.

I already have Objeq Delay + Moodal for resonation, I already own Slice EQ for my own resonation, I don't tend to use audiorate modulation outside of standard AM/FM which Avenger does super well (but I could stand to experiment some more with modulating other parameters in Phase Plant and seeing if I can find use), mComb exists... I'm thinking honestly, I might not really be as into Phase Plant/the khs ecosystem as I originally thought. Very awesome system though

I wish the sampler had a warping feature--keep the play speed the same but change pitch with what note is played. I messed with a drum loop sample and it wound up having a pitch to it, but playing different notes changed the tempo.

Dirtgrain wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:06 am I wish the sampler had a warping feature--keep the play speed the same but change pitch with what note is played. I messed with a drum loop sample and it wound up having a pitch to it, but playing different notes changed the tempo.
You could try approximating that with a very short loop time (+ crossfade more than likely) and try a granular pitch stretch approach. It won't sound as a clean as something that's been designed for that however, like Falcon's IRCAM stretch I believe

E_Anderson wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:48 am I used to be extremely excited about the KHS system but at this point, I'm kind of on the fence about whether or not I want to keep getting into it. Phase Plant generally has been tending to sound pretty flat for me (which is great for some), and the sample osc (which I make a lot of use of) seems to collapse the stereo image quite a lot and lose some quality. I'm holding out for granular, but I'm wondering if I should just get something else like Pigments/Avenger and call it a day. Avenger seems very cool with its AM/FM + now it also has Shimmerverb; Pigments has slightly better control over the grain generator itself re: grain envelopes + pitch quantization though I'm not sure if you can't just get similar enough results by using more grain oscs in Avenger.

I already have Objeq Delay + Moodal for resonation, I already own Slice EQ for my own resonation, I don't tend to use audiorate modulation outside of standard AM/FM which Avenger does super well (but I could stand to experiment some more with modulating other parameters in Phase Plant and seeing if I can find use), mComb exists... I'm thinking honestly, I might not really be as into Phase Plant/the khs ecosystem as I originally thought. Very awesome system though
I was wrong about everything mostly

- Dunno why sample osc was being weird for me before but I re-subbed tonight, tested it and found it played back perfectly fine, stereo intact, levels normal etc
- I’ve been on a kick with analogue emulations for my first time, and I’d only scratched the surface of Phase Plant for a long time (pseudo-granular crossfades, resonators, limited amount of actual synthesis), but resubbed tonight to give it a serious go using some of what I learned with just having started using Knifonium: sine waves, gain staging and distortion.

Holy shit. There is SO MUCH CONTROL in the oscillator section ALONE that tonight, with this pristine digital synth, I was able to make a wonderful retro-analogue, phat, lo-fi sound. Didn’t really matter if it sounded like it had the same filter properties/behavior as Diva or bx_Oberhausen or something (my respects as I’ve been shopping for them recently); it sounded awesome, and as far as dialling in sound or experimentation,I barely scratched the surface.

You go so far so fast, it’s like I went into deep space for the first time ever tonight and wasn’t even afraid (I barely “understand” FM synthesis). This was supposed to be a hardmode-test, trying to make Phase Plant fail by doing retro sounds but nope. Little AM/FM/PM with sine waves, distortion, and some modulators featuring their own sync/PWM mixed way down or without output, variable pitch... You don’t even need LFOs for pitch to get subtle pitch oscillation, but you can have it dialled in in 3 seconds, and you can do it for modulator volume, pitch, every osc section parameter can be modulated and the vast majority at audio-rate by other oscs (not to mention customizing an LFO to 16+wavecycles or something per “cycle” and making them pseudo-oscs) I know, this is all already obvious...

I don’t even know how to do FM synthesis, but yeah. They nailed it. I take back everything I said, the one concession here is that besides Disperser, Ladder Filter, & Distortion I really don’t think I will ever need to buy the complete package. We’ll see what ends up fitting but I already own Multipass (which I don’t use... won’t sell it just yet though) and Slice EQ, and for the rest of the snapins, I don’t see myself really ever using them as everything else happens in the mixer or the osc section.

I was shocked when I discovered that there's small button on each fx lane, which makes it polyphonic. This is real game changer for me. It is very unobtrusive and somehow stayed hidden for me for months.
I'm having a lot of fun!

Return to “Instruments”