IK Total Studio 3 Max launched

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Total Studio 4 Max

No surprise to anyone!
Also no surprise that there is no substantial discount if you own Total Studio 2 Max!!

https://sonicstate.com/news/2021/03/04/ ... dio-3-max/
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

They will need to have a 90% sale on the maxgrade price this time instead of just 70% to make Total Studio 2 MAX customers like me upgrading to Total Studio MAX 3 then...

Well, they just pi55ed of all of the A4 MAX customers by not offering a sensible upgrade route to 5 MAX, so this was coming.
Very little difference in price if you have one product or almost all of the them....IK are not alone in this.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

I think the best deal at the moment is to get a second hand TS Max 2 license for around 150 bucks if you want to use IKM extensively. And live with it for 2 years or so. This IK update price strategy is one of the strange things with this company. Just wait for bargains, they will come. And some of the stuff is really good.

....I had a thought that they wont even update MODO BASS with an upright bass (mentioned years ago) or anything or Miroslav Philharmonik 2 update or ST4 with something..

just some new releases that many wont care about...Bad...I guess there was a covid break (nothing done) ... :party: :party: - good luck... :ud:

expect 80% sale - soon - haha
MPG X670E CARBON Ryzen 9 7900, 64Gb 6K DDR5 4x2tb Nvmes

I didn't bother buying a lot of their offerings the last couple years (MODO, Lurssen, B3, Sunset, Space echo, Amplitube MAX, Mixbox, Sampletank MAX) because I figured this was going to happen sooner or later and I've satisfied my GAS with smaller developers' products during that time.

Fortunately, via some of the group buys, I was able to grab all of the TRacks 5 processors to make it MAX so I qualify for the MAXgrade. I bought a couple things (Tapes, ARC3, Sampletank4 SE) just to get a taste of the new stuff, but not enough to make me regret having to pay for the MAXgrade later this year.

Alas, I'm out. Too many disappointments with IK's sample-based instruments over the years. Still liking MODO, B3 and their effects products.

without update option for $250 it's to expensive

SLiC wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:33 pm No surprise to anyone!
Also no surprise that there is no substantial discount if you own Total Studio 2 Max!!

https://sonicstate.com/news/2021/03/04/ ... dio-3-max/
There's [edit sorry, meant the lower] MAXgrade pricing plus an additional discount (auto-applied coupon in your cart) that you would qualify for.
Last edited by Peter - IK Multimedia on Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sacer wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:53 pm without update option for $250 it's to expensive
If you have Total Studio 2 MAX you should be close to that with the auto-applied $200 coupon.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:21 pm
sacer wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:53 pm without update option for $250 it's to expensive
If you have Total Studio 2 MAX you should be close to that with the auto-applied $200 coupon.
$300 would be close, but I never buy from ik multimedia directly. I prefer jrrshop or audiodeluxe because of VAT.
But it’s no Problem, I can wait till Black Friday

How long does the promo code last?

Last time, it was possible to use Jampoints, so I could get the upgrade at around 150$. If I could use them now, it would be similar. Why is it not possible this time? I’ll buy if I can, pass if I can’t.

Edit - I need to check my math and verify my memory.
Last edited by Peter - IK Multimedia on Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sacer wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:36 pm
$300 would be close, but I never buy from ik multimedia directly. I prefer jrrshop or audiodeluxe because of VAT.
But it’s no Problem, I can wait till Black Friday
If US dealers are selling overseas and not charging VAT that's not something I'd call out publicly...

Return to “Instruments”