Drum Machines!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

stix is what i'm looking for isn't it? I''m sure it's pace locked. rrrrr....

I did a damn thing and bought RP Punch.

xoxos Bong is still my goto drumsynth after all the years though it has no internal sequencer and it is 32bit only (synthedit)...but it sounds so damn good and is very flexible (iirc 42 different algorithms, lots of parameters can be controlled via velocity, static vs non static sound, different noise seeds etc.). Good combo with Star Cym from the same developer. Both were payware but are now free.

Let me know if you are interested in some sound examples from it because there are not that many on the internet.

The D16 drumsynths are pretty good as well but Bong is still #1 for me. I think I am used to it. :D

Edit: I was never big into using drumsamples but I bought wavealchemys drumvolution on sale a few months ago...boy what a gamechanger for me. Though you can´t load your own samples the stock samples sound freaking great and the whole concept of layering sounds via base sound, transient and sub (or something like that) and shape them via x/y plus the sequencer is so good. Very good sample based machine.
Underground Music Production: Sound Design, Machine Funk, High Tech Soul

yes Bong is great :)
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

I used to use tremor until fxpansion discontinued it like a buncha bitches. Incredible sequencer and modulation. It was a real performance drum synth.

Halma wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:58 am xoxos Bong is still my goto drumsynth after all the years though it has no internal sequencer and it is 32bit only (synthedit)...
Helluva review you wrote for it back in 2013, too. Thanks! :tu:

https://www.kvraudio.com/product/bong-b ... views/3927

masterhiggins wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:06 pm I used to use tremor until fxpansion discontinued it like a buncha bitches. Incredible sequencer and modulation. It was a real performance drum synth.
Still is. :D
I use it all the time. The Cypher-derived modulation can create some startling effects.
http://www.electric-himalaya.com
VSTi and hardware synth sound design
3D/5D sound design since 2012

himalaya wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:13 pm
masterhiggins wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:06 pm I used to use tremor until fxpansion discontinued it like a buncha bitches. Incredible sequencer and modulation. It was a real performance drum synth.
Still is. :D
I use it all the time. The Cypher-derived modulation can create some startling effects.
Doesn't do much good for someone looking to buy today...

telecharge wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:10 pm
Halma wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:58 am xoxos Bong is still my goto drumsynth after all the years though it has no internal sequencer and it is 32bit only (synthedit)...
Helluva review you wrote for it back in 2013, too. Thanks! :tu:

https://www.kvraudio.com/product/bong-b ... views/3927
:lol: I totally forgot that I wrote a review about it. Thx for reminding me on that one. :D But if iirc the layout of the manual was exactly like that...pitchandtoneplaceland... :D
Underground Music Production: Sound Design, Machine Funk, High Tech Soul

I like Drumvolution.

Regarding the first post - I think the Drumcomputer is pretty heavy on resources (not saying it doesn't deserve it's ticks), while Microtonic is from the league of "not aged plugs, which now are pretty light on CPU and sound as good as ever"

Recently I happened to enjoy Atlas with Samples from Mars and with samples from Wave Alchemy. I haven't done any publishable stuff, but this combo works so good to me, I hope the Atlas guy won't abandon it
Weapons of choice (subject to change):
Godin Redline, Kuassa, Fuse Audio, Audiority, Roland A-500pro, Dune, Dagger, TAL, Reaper for Rock & Synthwave pleasures; Viper and FL Studio for guilty EDM pleasures

double post
Godin Redline, Kuassa, Fuse Audio, Audiority, Roland A-500pro, Dune, Dagger, TAL, Reaper for Rock & Synthwave pleasures; Viper and FL Studio for guilty EDM pleasures

dstep404 wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:09 pm I like Drumvolution.
Both machines from Wave Alchemy are great, but the also are pretty heavy (I believe as any big Kontakt instrument with complex UI).
It's quicker to load some lightweight drum app with WA drum samples, but when you need these specific machines, patience would totally pay off :)

My favorite D16 Drumazon.
Last edited by Fusi on Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

I was going to suggest Wave Alchemy Revolution and Drumvolution but somebody beat me to it.

Return to “Instruments”