iZotope RX 8 - Absolute Magic! | Review and Special Offer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Spitfire31 wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:48 pm
DJ Warmonger wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:00 pm Can RX plugins be used as standalone VST, similairly to Ozone Advanced?
A VST is by definition a plug-in. But when you buy RX, there is also a standalone app.
No, not their plugins. You either need to use the RX Standalone app, or run the plugins in a DAW. The app though is a much more powerful way to deal with treating audio.

iZotope are a bit Like Arturia, it makes more sense (and is often cheaper) to just buy everything in a big bundle...the stand alone pricing for one product is often ridiculously high compared to one of their bundles....last time I looked it was cheaper for me to upgrade to a new bundle and get the latest version of everything (music producer or whatever its called this week) then just upgrade a single product...
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

You can currently upgrade to MSP4 from any advanced for $200.
(Even less on JRR)

I've got the upgrade from MPS3 for 125$ via JRR.
IMO a good deal because of Neoverb, Stutter Edit 2, RX8 and Nectar 3 plus.

Even on JRR the upgrade from RX7 Advanced to RX8 Advanced is still $399, the same as my offer from iZotope direct, through my account. Nearly $400 for a yearly or biyearly bugfix release seems like a lotta wonga for not a lotta return. I'll wait for 9.

simon.a.billington wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:44 pm
Spitfire31 wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:48 pm
DJ Warmonger wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:00 pm Can RX plugins be used as standalone VST, similairly to Ozone Advanced?
A VST is by definition a plug-in. But when you buy RX, there is also a standalone app.
No, not their plugins. You either need to use the RX Standalone app, or run the plugins in a DAW. The app though is a much more powerful way to deal with treating audio.
To answer my own question - yes, individual plugins can be used in a DAW to process audio in real time, suprisingly with no latency :o
Now I've got pristine real-time voice recording.
Last edited by DJ Warmonger on Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

I have been using RX for ages and am now on RX7 standard. It will take a lot to get me to upgrade as by RX7 it is pretty much astonishing.
But... spectralayers is better for creative work and some sorts of noise reduction. Worth having both for me anyway

One point to keep in mind, is that if you are doing things that require a high amount of processing, such as fingerprint-based noise reduction at high quality, the plugin cannot keep up in real time.

Furthermore, if you use the standalone app, the plugins run multithreaded. In a DAW they do not.

Double-post

teilo wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:55 am
One point to keep in mind, is that if you are doing things that require a high amount of processing, such as fingerprint-based noise reduction at high quality, the plugin cannot keep up in real time.

Furthermore, if you use the standalone app, the plugins run multithreaded. In a DAW they do not.
This is where RX Connect plugin is handy: it allows for direct communication between DAW and external application. I don't know if every DAW allows that. It works in Cubase.

more handy IMO to work/restore audiofiles in RX standalone, and in detail , before loading them in a DAW...but you can perfectly run the plugins in real time if needed...though.i wouldn"t.recommand it for among other reasons, the one.underlined earlier in this thread

more handy IMO to work/restore audiofiles in RX standalone
I just picked RX Elements for $29 to record my own voiceover with Voice De-Noise, and it does wonders. It really removes all background sounds, including boiler running next room :love:
Don't have time or need to edit the voice separately, then align it with the video.

Besides, it works for voice calls ;) Now that Youtube-podcast setup turned out to be very useful also for online meetings, job interviews and dates.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

Hermetech Mastering wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:51 am Even on JRR the upgrade from RX7 Advanced to RX8 Advanced is still $399, the same as my offer from iZotope direct, through my account. Nearly $400 for a yearly or biyearly bugfix release seems like a lotta wonga for not a lotta return. I'll wait for 9.
Yup, to date there hasn't been a compelling update deal from 7 Advanced to 8 Advanced, though the chances of a deal at some stage of some kind are fairly high. iZotope run constant deals, switching them around every month or so.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

this is a typical KVR post, i apologize, to mention another program...
but Spectralayers Pro 7 is quite an excellent alternative. and when 8 comes... it is already, great, but it is more work, but i like that, i use it for sounddesign, mostly. but i use it also for clean-up, it lacks some AI tricks, that RX8 has, but can be done. no prob.

they aren't comparible in the way; Spectralayers Pro 7 is more chirurgical, i.e. you must or can do more by 'hand'.

pixel85 wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:51 am
teilo wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:55 am

This is where RX Connect plugin is handy: it allows for direct communication between DAW and external application. I don't know if every DAW allows that. It works in Cubase.
That's not realtime, though. That's just a way to use RX to edit clips in an offline mode, which you can do in many DAWs by configuring RX as your external editor.

Return to “Effects”