Tone2 Warlock (synthesizer) - available now!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Warlock

Markus Krause wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:29 am The update to v1.0 rc4 is finished.

The demo-version is available here:
https://www.tone2.com/download.html

The owners of the full-version will receive an email with a download-link in some hours.

What's new?
- Workaround for a bug in Cubase, which could crash on scanning the plugin
- Cubase did change the waveform of OSC1 if a keyboard with aftertouch was used
- Slightly raised the volume of the Chorus and Flanger
- Many small things
Great! Thanks, Markus!

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

thanks for the update! warlock sounds great!

Make sure you back up your User A,B, and C bank files before updating. This update over writes them.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

You can automatically load your own sound-bank to Warlock on startup. Place UserA.t2b to "Documents\Tone2\Warlock\" (on PC) or "/Library/Application Support/Tone2/Warlock/" (on Mac) . When you select UserA as a sound-bank in Warlock your own one will be loaded.

If you should update v1.0rc3 to Warlock v1.0rc4 and if you do did make use of UserA.t2b, UserB.t2b, or UserC.t2b:
The update to v1.0rc4 will replace them. You may want to make a backup of these file before you run the installer.
The location is here:
"Documents\Tone2\Warlock\" (on PC)
"/Library/Application Support/Tone2/Warlock/" (on Mac)

All future updates will not longer overwrite user*.t2b if they already exist.

I have to say I am very pleasantly suprised with how good Warlock is. I had a kinda preconception with firebird, but its way more than that. I had a lot of fun doing a ditty track for the competition.

I'll just put it on the list of synths I can't afford right now. tbh I cant afford Synth1 atm ><
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

Question: already having Gladiator, are there valid rationales to get Warlock?

- Mario

is there a way to tell which version i have through the plugin? i can't remember if i updated or not.

Also what is the point of the empty banks? Can they even be modified? How are they different from User Bank A-C?

To show the version click on FILE then show version info.

The empty banks are reserved for free future content

Hello. For some reason i cannot seem to be able to install the demo on MAC. the AU component is nowhere to be found and the .PKG is corrupted. Downloaded a few times. Same result. Any ideas? Thanks

I might add, its really nice to have Warlock as a VST3 as well. VST3's load a lot quicker for me than their VST2 counterparts.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

Robym wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:30 am Hello. For some reason i cannot seem to be able to install the demo on MAC. the AU component is nowhere to be found and the .PKG is corrupted. Downloaded a few times. Same result. Any ideas? Thanks
the .pkg is not corrupted. AU is not supported. You need to load the VST3.
The current version has been reported as rock-solid and works as expected.

System requirements

PC: Windows 7, 8, 10 (64 bit)
Supported formats: VST 2.4 (64 bit), VST 3.7 (64 bit), Standalone

Mac: MacOS 10.11 or higher, MacOS 11; Intel CPU or Apple Silicon (native support)
Supported formats: VST 3.7 (64 bit), not compatible with Logic

User-friendly copy-protection: No cloud, no dongle, no need to be online

mabian wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:02 pm Question: already having Gladiator, are there valid rationales to get Warlock?

- Mario
I got G3 and now also Warlock. For me they are quite different even though they have some similarities.

The main thing for me is that Warlock is very fast to use, mainly because there are less things to tweak. This speeds up my process so I don't get stuck in sound design mode. And if I really want to modulate something for that little extra, there is always automation.
The oscillators and filter are capable of a lot more than simple subtractive stuff (as in G3) so you can do quite a lot with that and still remain simple to use.

But it does not replace G3 in anyway. G3 has just much more of everything, (actually it does not have Warlocks very nicely implemented Ringmod with ratios) so If I really want to create abstract stuff I use G3 or Icarus or something else.

But that's just me, try the demo and see if you like it. :phones:

Markus Krause wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:14 am
Mac: MacOS 10.11 or higher, MacOS 11; Intel CPU or Apple Silicon (native support)
Supported formats: VST 3.7 (64 bit), not compatible with Logic
Will the AU version be available at some point?
i use LogicPro...

is it possible to import/drag & drop your own WAV files?
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

is it possible to import/drag & drop your own WAV files?
Warlock is not a wavetable synthesizer or a sample-player.

You can import own wavetables as a wav file to these synthsizers:
Icarus

You can import own waveforms as a wave file to these synthesizers:
Icarus, Nemesis, RayBlaster, Electra

You can import wav files for sample-playback to these synthesizers:
Electra, Icarus2

You can resynthesize wav files in these synthesizers:
Icarus, RayBlaster
Will the AU version be available at some point?
It is possible, but I cannot guarantee it. There are technical problems with Steinberg's VST SDK + BigSur + AU

Return to “Instruments”