NEW MINDSET: Best sound possible EFFICIENTLY

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Cancel Culture Club wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:39 am
10bd01 wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:01 pm
:hihi: To your ears they do. Now I'm starting to get it - you can't hear that well, which is why you also can't listen that well.

:hihi: Yeah, you're definitely the only one on this thread who's searching for the best music you can make /sarcasm. Wow, what an arrogant ass you're making out of yourself! You waltz on in here on your fake high-horse thinking you're better than everyone because you hold a foolish, ignorant and factually incorrect perspective that you rationalize with baseless platitudes. You then attempt to educate everyone on how wrong they are, proceed to get your ass handed to you multiple times on multiple different fronts, have been unable to answer any of the criticisms that have been leveled against your ridiculous statements, and the final answer you have to any question is an argument against an apparition in your mind; railing against positions no one else here is holding so that you can win an argument no one is having with you. :tu:

We got a one man clown show here, people. Look at it as entertainment and it's not half bad. But to any impressionable minds that may wander by - if you're so inclined, don't let fools like this influence your decision making. They're everywhere and often are louder the more ignorant they are, so they can be convincing even though they're wrong. They - most often unintentionally - try to enslave you into some sort of ideology that has them enslaved; don't listen to them. Stay on YOUR path if you're so choosing; don't let them derail you with their bs.
Hi. I've been into electronic music production for 20 years and I've tryed all the best plugins possible, searching for the best sound quality, best compressors, the best analog emulations, the best limiters, etc. I got at a time that I stopped making music just because of this never ending search. And after 20 years I got at some conclusions:
Everything in relation to the Op's original statement.

What are you on about again? It doesn't seem to be about the Op's statement or music at this point...
Correct, it isn't. The reason I started this up again is because I observed you were not addressing the Op's original question, still, but were going on about undermining his question with your bs.

You're head is a box of rocks at best, I'm gone. :!:

briefcasemanx wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:41 am I'm planning on getting a new computer with a 5900x or 5950x soon. Are acustica plugins still too cpu-heavy even for monster cpus like these?
Yes, they are stupidly expensive in terms of CPU, diskspace and money. One test of their freebie and some read about what they do was enough to never touch them again. Its all about hype...
There are tons of other tools which are more efficient. Rather than reading reviews and watching questionable videos, get demos and decide subjectively what you like... In the end you need to feel comfortable with your decisions to be free to create good music. Nobody will judge your skills by the tools you use, but by the music you finish... That is way more important than the last bit of technocratically justified “quality”.
Back when these old gems had been backed in hardware, the engineers would have paid a fortune to get rid of all the artifacts and problems we code today into VSTs... And still they created some sort of character. I would rather look for character of today and don’t look back too much... To sample old gear with this effort is just feeding nostalgia. If you did work in the past with one or the other of the originals, it might give you some dejavu. If the price for that is justified you have to decide on your own...

Tj Shredder wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:07 pm
briefcasemanx wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:41 am I'm planning on getting a new computer with a 5900x or 5950x soon. Are acustica plugins still too cpu-heavy even for monster cpus like these?
Yes, they are stupidly expensive in terms of CPU, diskspace and money. One test of their freebie and some read about what they do was enough to never touch them again. Its all about hype...
There are tons of other tools which are more efficient. Rather than reading reviews and watching questionable videos, get demos and decide subjectively what you like... In the end you need to feel comfortable with your decisions to be free to create good music. Nobody will judge your skills by the tools you use, but by the music you finish... That is way more important than the last bit of technocratically justified “quality”.
Back when these old gems had been backed in hardware, the engineers would have paid a fortune to get rid of all the artifacts and problems we code today into VSTs... And still they created some sort of character. I would rather look for character of today and don’t look back too much... To sample old gear with this effort is just feeding nostalgia. If you did work in the past with one or the other of the originals, it might give you some dejavu. If the price for that is justified you have to decide on your own...
That was...a lot. I was just wondering how much cpu they used on the newer, crazy powered cpus by AMD.

10bd01 wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:53 am Correct, it isn't. The reason I started this up again is because I observed you were not addressing the Op's original question, still, but were going on about undermining his question with your bs.

You're head is a box of rocks at best, I'm gone. :!:
Hi. I've been into electronic music production for 20 years and I've tryed all the best plugins possible, searching for the best sound quality, best compressors, the best analog emulations, the best limiters, etc. I got at a time that I stopped making music just because of this never ending search. And after 20 years I got at some conclusions:
I wonder if they'll ever figure out that best is subjective?

I guess for some, it's easier to believe something is better then actually making it better...

ScrLk wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:52 pm
HoRNet wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:21 am Sorry but that's not completely true.

You need oversampling to catch intersample peaks, but oversample can be implemented with 0 latency, just don't use FIR filters. It's a little bit more expensive in terms of CPU but you get realtime operation in exchange.

Magnus has 2 and 4 times oversampling options for both clipper and limiter (so you can oversample differently (say the clipper 4x to reduce aliasing and the limiter 2x to catch intersample peaks)

Saverio
What is the effect of this on phase?
Of course you get phase rotation at 22K, but that high is not really important as most music does not have enough content in that area...

Saverio

It sounds like a reasonable compromise for live use.

2* for stupid efficiency and selling plugs to the masses, but it pretty much says you don’t care much because 4* is standard now and the difference is obvious, you just don’t get 60 instances of detuned super saws. It depends on your music, if you are programming 60 instances and hitting play you HAVE to have 2*, you don’t have a choice. If you are loading up FANTASTIC sounding gear and playing them by hand 4* is best. You can go higher of course... a lot of distortions go to 32 times, which is awesome, but not feasible with today’s CPU’s for playing instruments. You can push to 8* at times, but often it goes too high to play.

forget what i just said...

samples. samples are premade and preproduced and light and easy on your system. samples instruments are your answer.

personally, if they are going to force me to upgrade every 5 years anyway, i'm ready to melt this bootch into the motherboard. im going to get my moneys worth.

Klanghelm < definitely. Incredible sound and low price.
Tokyo Dawn Labs also is great! Try the free versions first before you decide to buy. I myself just use the free versions though, as they do what i want. Incredible plugins, and hey, you get Dan Worrall himself doing YouTube tutorials for their plugins. If there is something you might be wondering about, technical etc. Mr. Worrall got you covered!

Also Acustica might be great and all, but it comes with high CPU and of course lots of latency. I used their free plugins years ago but the latency and high CPU made me look elsewhere. But use what you like. Hope that helps. One more thing, Searxh the 'plugin' section of KvR and you will most def find what you are looking for.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Cancel Culture Club wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:54 pm Please continue on your epic adventure for the golden hammer, and do report back to us when you find it, so we all can benefit from it, and make better music because of it. We're all starving for such a tool to reach a level that we could never reach otherwise. But, maybe someday!

Alas adventure, we await your return!

Hint: The quality of content over shadows the quality of fidelity almost every time.
Of course tools matter. There are plenty of good tools out there though, and different things work for different people.

When doing a mix there are hundreds of places where you affect audio and how it is perceived. In each of these you're looking for how you can improve the sound, even if it's just a little bit. Some are mix decisions or changes, some are purely from the equipment/plug ins, and some are a combination of both. These add up over the course of a mix.

There are some really great tools available but you need to find what works well with you, what works well for the music you're working on and then understand them well enough to get the best out of them.

There's no golden hammer, but you can get a set of golden chisels that help you get the shape of sound you want.

And when they say a bad workman blames his tools, I swear at least some of that is that a non professional workman does actually have bad tools that don't work well.

Best low CPU, low latency, high quality sounding plugins:

Airwindows Baxandall
Fircomp 2
Trident CB9066
Trident 80b
Pulsar 1178
Dub it up blacker than dread

Return to “Effects”