Springs - Vintage Spring Reverb + Baxandall EQ - Update v1.3.2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Springs

sqigls wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:14 pm Carlo, a few quick things...
Thanks heaps for the stickers! I'm am a total sticker geek and it was a welcome surprise to receive the envelope :)
Ah, and i was going to say, the new plugin is silky, I'm gonna send you my findings tomorrow.
Also, been meaning to ask about the likelihood of an AudioThing 'sub'-forum on KVR..?
Thanks again, happy new year!
Thank you, I'm glad you like the stickers! We'll probably have a new sticker giveaway next month ;)

Regarding a KVR sub-forum, I've thought about it, but unfortunately, I don't really have the time to manage yet another channel. I'm already spending a lot of time between emails, support tickets, social profiles etc...
AudioThing (VST, AU, AAX, CLAP Plugins)
Instagram | Twitter | Discord Server

Not a fan of spring reverbs, just had been looking someone for one project, and tried this - frankly was sold by his enormous texturing which he produce in lower pitch mode (in IR editor panel), in combination with his some other features (noise\stereo). Damn, at output it's borns some dark viscous soundscape, not often can be heard such among plugs heh (i have Reverberate2 though). Not sure about the spring (and which IR algo was implemented here), but appeared desire to grab this just because such result heh.

c_voltage wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:36 pm Not a fan of spring reverbs, just had been looking someone for one project, and tried this - frankly was sold by his enormous texturing which he produce in lower pitch mode (in IR editor panel), in combination with his some other features (noise\stereo). Damn, at output it's borns some dark viscous soundscape, not often can be heard such among plugs heh (i have Reverberate2 though). Not sure about the spring (and which IR algo was implemented here), but appeared desire to grab this just because such result heh.
Thank you for your feedback! Yes, playing with the IR pitch can create very nice soundscapes/reverbs.

This just got updated and really worth it if you're considering a Spring verb. Great for instant retro vibe.

2020/04/16: v1.2
– Added: Echo Box Model
– Improved: Plugin tail now returns infinity (bypassing the VST3 auto-suspend in some hosts)
– Improved: Waveform display
– Improved: Fade speed and usability
– Improved: CPU and memory usage
– Improved: Joined Parameter lock and Random lock
– Fixed: Pitch not working when changing sample rate while in playback

Thanks guys! We have added one of the strangest models of spring reverb I've ever seen, probably the smallest spring ever!

Update v1.2.5
We've updated Springs to version 1.2.5!
You can download the update from your user area.

Changelog:
- Added: HVS-1 Model
- Added: RE-201 (bright)
- Added: Internal support for left-hand mouse users
- Improved: macOS CPU usage
- Improved: IR Editor CPU usage
- Fixed: Rendering Offline issue while there’s a Spring Type automation
- Fixed: Possible unwanted fade-in when bouncing in offline mode on some hosts
- Fixed: Parameter locks not recalling properly when loading saved projects

The new HVS-1 Model:

Please consider, at some point in the future, adding some guitar amp springs. Just seems like an obvious add to get some accusonics tanks and maybe some of the circuitry of old Fender amps included. Also, if you do a Springs 2.0 at some point, please also consider a post-reverb tremolo effect like in those old Fender amps. I'm thinking that'd be a 2.0 feature since there's no room on the GUI for Tremolo Rate and Depth knobs. :lol:

Sorry for posting in two different Audiothing threads asking for stuff. Was using Springs earlier today while jamming on surf guitar (Great British Spring set to short sounded best to me) and followed it up with a tremolo plugin.

This is a friendly ask. Love Springs and the variety. The only thing I don't like is trying to map the Spring Type parameter to a controller. You seem to have used a very tight grouping of VST parameter ranges for some of those springs and left yourself a ton of space for additional springs in the future. Which, in the end, I'm fine with. :)

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:53 am Please consider, at some point in the future, adding some guitar amp springs. Just seems like an obvious add to get some accusonics tanks and maybe some of the circuitry of old Fender amps included. Also, if you do a Springs 2.0 at some point, please also consider a post-reverb tremolo effect like in those old Fender amps. I'm thinking that'd be a 2.0 feature since there's no room on the GUI for Tremolo Rate and Depth knobs. :lol:

Sorry for posting in two different Audiothing threads asking for stuff. Was using Springs earlier today while jamming on surf guitar (Great British Spring set to short sounded best to me) and followed it up with a tremolo plugin.

This is a friendly ask. Love Springs and the variety. The only thing I don't like is trying to map the Spring Type parameter to a controller. You seem to have used a very tight grouping of VST parameter ranges for some of those springs and left yourself a ton of space for additional springs in the future. Which, in the end, I'm fine with. :)
Yes, we will definitely add some amp spring reverbs! As you can see, the Spring Type parameter is set for future additions :)
Yes, a tremolo effect would be indeed very nice, but we don't have any plans for a 2.0 version at the moment.

Update v1.2.6
We've updated Springs to version 1.2.6!
You can download the update from your user area.

Changelog:
- Added: macOS 11 Big Sur support (Universal 2 Binary)
- Added: Light and Dark UI mode
- Added: Option to enable Accelerated GUI
- Improved: GUI and loading time
- Fixed: Logic Pro random crash when loading a saved project

Great job!

audiothing wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:08 pm
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:53 am Please consider, at some point in the future, adding some guitar amp springs. Just seems like an obvious add to get some accusonics tanks and maybe some of the circuitry of old Fender amps included. Also, if you do a Springs 2.0 at some point, please also consider a post-reverb tremolo effect like in those old Fender amps. I'm thinking that'd be a 2.0 feature since there's no room on the GUI for Tremolo Rate and Depth knobs. :lol:

Yes, we will definitely add some amp spring reverbs! As you can see, the Spring Type parameter is set for future additions :)
Yes, a tremolo effect would be indeed very nice, but we don't have any plans for a 2.0 version at the moment.
Just to add to the chorus. I've really enjoyed my AudioThing plugins (got hooked by Outer Space originally). I've been thinking about Springs, but would add that I'd love to have a nice long tank (at least) 3 spring reverb that is similar to the classic Fender stand alone tank.

Also wanted to say that it has been great how you have been updating the plugins. I know that Springs has received more models, which is really fantastic.

Synthient Sound wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:57 pmAlso wanted to say that it has been great how you have been updating the plugins. I know that Springs has received more models, which is really fantastic.
+1

Synthient Sound wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:57 pm Just to add to the chorus. I've really enjoyed my AudioThing plugins (got hooked by Outer Space originally). I've been thinking about Springs, but would add that I'd love to have a nice long tank (at least) 3 spring reverb that is similar to the classic Fender stand alone tank.
Yes, we are working on it :)
Synthient Sound wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:57 pm Also wanted to say that it has been great how you have been updating the plugins. I know that Springs has received more models, which is really fantastic.
Thanks! Updates are always a top priority for us.

Bought finally (honestly could not resist together with Wave Box, tried demo, quite interesting too).
And little UI issue in Springs it seems - during clicking Random button, the picture of randomly selecte model does not refresh to actual, and if re-open plugin UI then show properly.

Return to “Effects”