Tal J-8

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Gas Giant - TAL J-8 Presets TAL-J-8

simmo75 wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:16 am
You’re right, I have no interest whatsoever in plugin development, as long as what I bought works as a finished tool, I couldn’t give a monkeys!

Do you have nothing better to do than update plugins on a daily basis?

These are tools for my work, so I can produce music, not because I’m interested in software development, not so I can check if shit needs updating.

Sorry you’re so upset by my post.
Seriously, which part of --
'The reason there are "all these updates" is because Patrick is actively listening to feedback from his users, actively implementing the fixes, and actively making them available'
-- do you fail to grasp the meaning of?

Surely you can comprehend the value of the above statement regardless of your lack of interest in software development.
Here's a dev who is actively supporting his user-base, and your reaction is "gee, what a pain in my ass." Classy.

simmo75 wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:16 am You’re right, I have no interest whatsoever in plugin development, as long as what I bought works as a finished tool, I couldn’t give a monkeys!

Do you have nothing better to do than update plugins on a daily basis?

These are tools for my work, so I can produce music, not because I’m interested in software development, not so I can check if shit needs updating.
So just don't update. If you're not experiencing bugs, just stop checking this thread and updating with each bleeding edge new version and get on with music making. Check back every few weeks or months to grab the latest version. Patrick takes more of an Agile development approach. If that's not your thing, that's fine. But complaining about it is ridiculous. Just get on with music production using the version you got. If you hit a bug, check the site to see if an update has been released to fix it.

Ah kvr. In one thread people are bitching about not enough updates (Massive X) and in another too many updates.

building a top shelf instrument listening to a certain segment of the population that can't see eye to eye is a complete mistake. it's a cluster f**k. you have to have a vision and intent. i understand including expected features that were maybe missed on original release (not a problem), but i'm waiting on a finished product before i buy in from now on. i learned my lesson with Dune3.

What software would you consider an example of a finished product?

rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:11 pm What software would you consider an example of a finished product?

rsp

with all the OS update bombs this is a good point. i need it to behave as expected when i load it up, how's that? here you have the best jupiter emulation on the planet. something everyone was waiting on, and ready to throw many at, and next you'll be asking for a sample oscillator. it's not progress if it makes things worse. at some point you have to get it solid and call it quits.

Dasheesh wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:15 pm here you have the best jupiter emulation on the planet. something everyone was waiting on, and ready to throw many at, and next you'll be asking for a sample oscillator. it's not progress if it makes things worse.
Piling up features just for the sake of having features is not what TAL is about. Read the changelog and see for yourself: All updates since release have consisted of bug fixes, CPU optimization, and improved emulation accuracy. Patrick knows what his priorities are. We can trust him to stick to that.

He did recently add delay and reverb effects to U-NO LX, after it had been out for... what, ten years? No wavetables, though.
I hate signatures too.

rezoneight wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:51 pm Ah kvr. In one thread people are bitching about not enough updates (Massive X) and in another too many updates.
It's all about the bitching here. :ud:

chk071 wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:35 pm It's all about the bitching here. :ud:
You ever been to a forum that wasn't? :wink:

I haven't.

You're right.

That's why I'm so reluctant to see forums as an indicator for... anything really. :)

Not that some people aren't right, of course. But, if you would go by the internet, any computer OS would be a bug ridden catastrophy, the world would end tomorrow etc. And an unfortunate number of John Does out there start to get infected by that as well...

Anyway... TAL-J-8. It needs less updates, I heard. ;)

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:38 pm
chk071 wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:35 pm It's all about the bitching here. :ud:
You ever been to a forum that wasn't? :wink:

I haven't.
Boy ain't that the truth...

hey, I'm not really into arpeggiators myself, but this is a nice video about Jupiter-8 Arpeggiator.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8YdXOJ2EuM

Thanks Walter.
rsp
sound sculptist

everyone is waiting on this to be finished, because it is the best on the market. Finish it.

So, the arpeggiator in J-8 behaves exactly like the Jupiter 8 now? That thing sounds great.

Return to “Instruments”