One Synth Challenge #144: Rand by Sampleson (schiing Wins! kylebenjamin grabs the single instance prize!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Almost forgot: I am done voting.

I've done my first pass of voting, and made some notes on what I liked about each track so I'm hoping to make time for a second round of listening and pass on the feedback to your soundclouds. As usual I'm super impressed with all your creativity, sound design and mixing skills especially given the unpredictability of last month's synth.

And thanks @tj shredder for giving an insight into your process. My main motivation for participating in OSC's is to learn and improve, and seeing how other people approach the challenge is a great way to do that.

markheath wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:31 pm My main motivation for participating in OSC's is to learn and improve, and seeing how other people approach the challenge is a great way to do that.
Well said, and I completely agree.

markheath wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:31 pm And thanks @tj shredder for giving an insight into your process. My main motivation for participating in OSC's is to learn and improve, and seeing how other people approach the challenge is a great way to do that.
Happy that my effort to make the video is appreciated,
and thanks @MilksterX who finally triggered my creative mind on page 6...

Voted.

I want to take a moment to compliment everyone's work this month. I chose to go with a single instance, in part to challenge myself and in part because this synth just did not inspire me. So, it is all the more impressive to see the excellent production and composing that you all have done for this month's OSC, whether it be a single instance or several. This one was tough, and I commend every single one of you for a job well done.

I just realize that on a lot of tracks the bulletrank spam isn't deleted and/or reported. Its obviously written by a spambot (seconds after it has been uploaded). Please get rid of it and report it as what it is (spam)...

I ALWAYS report the spam, only takes a couple of clicks. Sure they pop up again as they have a bot which makes bots!

dB

doctorbob wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:40 pm I ALWAYS report the spam, only takes a couple of clicks. Sure they pop up again as they have a bot which makes bots!

dB
Yep, I used to report them, but I've seen no change. BTW about SC today, it's so easy to buy likes and plays for few bucks that those became meaningless. I guess it's also possible to buy followers to show a nonexistent fan base. This all makes the OSC people so much more important to each other, after all music is not a "global thing", despite 'the universal language' claim, a music style is really meaningful within a group, tribe or whatever-you-call-it.

I guess we can have entertaining music for a much wider audience (pop stars rules) but the price to pay is the downward leveling to the easy listening. And I don't mean it must be high culture, I mean diversity and representation of the diversity.

VOTED

I'm amazed at your creativity with this simple RANDom-Push synth ... :tu:
... some awesome tracks here :band:

I didn't manage to submit a track with RAND sadly (though I got quite a long way into a few). But enough about me :)

Just listening to the playlist, hoping to find time to vote and comment, and feel like I need to say:

WOW, everyone who submitted a track... I'm really enjoying listening to this. There is lots of music, :D not just 'tracks'. I'm super impressed, I'm experiencing enjoyable track after enjoyable track. :party: :tu:

Great bunch of music and musicians - well done everyone. :clap:

I’m glad hear so many saying that this round of entries is an enjoyable listen. Though I really shouldn’t have my doubts at this point, I was a little worried about what this quirky, unstable synth would churn out.
I haven’t been able to listen to anything yet because I’ve been battling a borderline ear infection and can’t use headphones right now.
But now I’m really looking forward to having a chance to listen.

Hope the ear clears up. Same here, left ear no sound most of the day. Clears afternoon-ish. Been like it for a few weeks now. Slowly getting better. So, if my track is all bugged stereo-wise, you all know why! And, of course, Rand adding it's own stereo quirks!

dB

doctorbob wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:42 pm Hope the ear clears up.
Same to you!
I get fairly regular ear infections and as a musician it is such a frustrating and scary issue to deal with.
I guess it’s kind of an occupational hazard what with all of the stress I put on my ears in general and the excessive headphone usage.
I am very careful to keep things at a moderate volume at least.

As a newb I don't get to vote. :-? But I'm really impressed with many of your creations. Especially because I messed around with Rand for a while and came up with pretty much nothing useable.

Maybe next month.

Return to “Instruments”