Studio One 5 Available Now (5.3 Out June 29th, 2021)

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Artist Studio One Professional

EnGee wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:38 pm It looks like clips or maybe some kind of song arrangement. Either way, let's wait and see :D
It seems to have a "play" triangle in the upper-right corner, so I'm cautiously hyped ;)
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

If you play till the end frame, it looks more like an arrow than a play button. Towards the end, the Studio One logo gets bigger, letting more to be shown. :D

Not to play the Debbie Downer, but... more stuff I don't need in Studio One, and which bloats the DAW.

I don't blame them though, they gotta give the folks waving with their wallets something in return. Guess it'll be a while that I'll stick to v4.6, if nothing earth shattering happens.

I feel like Steinberg is playing the update game a bit more safely. Not that Cubase isn't bloated, but, at least they don't try to stick half of Ableton in there as well...

nIGhT-SoN wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:49 pm There is also this:
Screenshot_2021-03-05 PreSonus on Twitter.png
Looks like automation on audio event.
or maybe automation clips? No expectations though.

antic604 wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:50 pm
EnGee wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:38 pm It looks like clips or maybe some kind of song arrangement. Either way, let's wait and see :D
It seems to have a "play" triangle in the upper-right corner, so I'm cautiously hyped ;)
Hmmm! It doesn't look like a "play" triangle at about 10 seconds. "Bridge A" indicates a song's part, so I really don't know what it is!
chk071 wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:02 pm Not to play the Debbie Downer, but... more stuff I don't need in Studio One, and which bloats the DAW.

I don't blame them though, they gotta give the folks waving with their wallets something in return. Guess it'll be a while that I'll stick to v4.6, if nothing earth shattering happens.

I feel like Steinberg is playing the update game a bit more safely. Not that Cubase isn't bloated, but, at least they don't try to stick half of Ableton in there as well...
But I think if the clips implementation like in Bitwig, it would be really cool. You can close it any time if you don't want it. Anyway, the thing I'm afraid of is more bugs with those new additions. I prefer they iron all the bugs known instead (to be honest) because this is what prevents me from choosing S1 as my main DAW as it seems I'm faster in the workflow with S1 than any other DAW.

chk071 wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:02 pm Not to play the Debbie Downer, but... more stuff I don't need in Studio One, and which bloats the DAW.

Cubase is bloated, that why use Studio One right? Presonus are keeping up with the times with what they been doing. Look what's out on the market right now.

Ugh. Reactivating Sphere now...come on clips!

They promised to deliver Apple Silicone support in early 2021. Maybe this is it?

Serhii Kot wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:30 am They promised to deliver Apple Silicone support in early 2021. Maybe this is it?
Where did they promised it?
Music tech enthusiast

antic604 wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:08 am
Serhii Kot wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:30 am They promised to deliver Apple Silicone support in early 2021. Maybe this is it?
Here:
https://support.presonus.com/hc/en-us/a ... patibility

Serhii Kot wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:13 am
antic604 wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:08 am
Here:
https://support.presonus.com/hc/en-us/a ... patibility
Thanks! But that wouldn't require a new version to be released, just an additional installation file.

Hopefully it's more than that.
Music tech enthusiast

I am sure it is more than that. And this does not mean that 5.2 will bring Apple Silicone support. But it will be bold move. SO5 is pretty stable and running smoothly om my mac mini m1 even via rosetta2.

nIGhT-SoN wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:59 pm If you play till the end frame, it looks more like an arrow than a play button. Towards the end, the Studio One logo gets bigger, letting more to be shown. :D
I'm guessing what we're seeing is a "Scene" launch button for a column of clips. The lines around the "play" button or arrow are probably some scene indicators? Follow actions? I dunno, just guessing.

The wording "Bridge" indicates it's probably a Scene/Song section - not an individual clip.

wuworld wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:27 am Cubase is bloated, that why use Studio One right?
Yep.
wuworld wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:27 am Presonus are keeping up with the times with what they been doing. Look what's out on the market right now.
Keeping up with the times is fine. Trying to be something that you're not isn't though.

Anyway, as I mentioned, I understand why they do it. It's to keep the peeps who would otherwise jump DAW every 6 months. :D

DAW guy: "Hey... have you seen that shit in Bitwig? It's the shizz!!!"
Other DAW guy: "Aw man... I wished my totally antiquated DAW had that shit..."

I believe a clip launch feature would be a part of a major release like Studio One 6, if they are planning to do it at all that is. This looks more like some added feature for arranger track which already is the best around unlike Logic's which is in an induced coma state.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”