Tal J-8

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Gas Giant - TAL J-8 Presets TAL-J-8

Dasheesh wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:25 pm everyone is waiting on this to be finished, because it is the best on the market. Finish it.
I don't understand where's the problem. It is perfectly usable as it is. Just stick at the current version, if you simply don't want to risk on updating. As has been said, the updates have been mainly optimizations and bug fixes (bugs that I, personally, never experienced anyway).
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:28 pm
Dasheesh wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:25 pm everyone is waiting on this to be finished, because it is the best on the market. Finish it.
I don't understand where's the problem. It is perfectly usable as it is. Just stick at the current version, if you simply don't want to risk on updating. As has been said, the updates have been mainly optimizations and bug fixes (bugs that I, personally, never experienced anyway).
If it's done, the only updates will be to keep up with OS updates. Its not there yet.

I love that TAL maintains his software...

If folks want a dual filter, sample oscillator, monster, great. I love it. that is not what this is. Build that from that start. Make what sounds good.

Don't worry, it won't happen.

Do you also moan if a dev dared to add free new features to your DAW or OS?
The GAS is always greener on the other side!

I’m not convinced “everyone” expects it to be perfect before release. People understand that software has bugs. They encounter the bugs because they are already using it. They tell Patrick about the bugs, and he fixes them. He can only fix bugs he knows about, but as long as he keeps doing that, the result will be better than it was.

So what’s the problem? Should users stop reporting bugs? Should Patrick stop fixing them? What do you imagine you’ll accomplish by demanding either of these?
I hate signatures too.

I don't dare to do anything. I'll tell you it"s bullshit when I see it. My DAW is reaper plus Bidule, and has been since 2002. catch up.

I’m not chasing you.
I hate signatures too.

Dasheesh wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:30 pm If it's done, the only updates will be to keep up with OS updates. Its not there yet.
You should stick with NI or D16 then :lol:

Seriously, the stuff you read on internet forums is just crazy. Steinberg finally decided to ditch the damned dongle, but turns out some people loved the dongle. It's like that xkcd comic https://xkcd.com/1172/

I actually like D16. I checked them out after everyone abandoned them. I remember when NI was an infant, not interested. samples suck.

Yorrrrrr wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:27 pm So, the arpeggiator in J-8 behaves exactly like the Jupiter 8 now? That thing sounds great.
Depends on which mode you set the J-8 to. It can operate like the original synth.

To be honest though, I'm not sure which mode is which anymore.

Can anybody clarify this?

The plugin context menu lists them like this:

ARP J8
ARP J8 MOD
ARP MOD

which is what or which or ??

mholloway wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:00 pm
Yorrrrrr wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:27 pm So, the arpeggiator in J-8 behaves exactly like the Jupiter 8 now? That thing sounds great.
Depends on which mode you set the J-8 to. It can operate like the original synth.

ARP J8
ARP J8 MOD
ARP MOD

“ARP J8” works like the hardware. “ARP MOD” is how the plugin worked before that bug was reported. “ARP J8 MOD” is some weird combo of the two.
I hate signatures too.

mholloway wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:00 pm

ARP J8
ARP J8 MOD
ARP MOD

I trust that this will get clarified, and not amplified,

Dasheesh wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:06 pm I trust that this will get clarified, and not amplified,
Daheesh, you've derailed this thread enough with your junk, just stop posting for a while, k? thanks!

From an earlier post, i believe this is what is now:
Seems he included all the options.

Arp J8 behaves like the Jupiter 8,

Arp J8 Mod behaves like the Jupiter 8 except at the high octaves it also goes above the physical keyboard if you choose 3 or 4 octaves (ED and my vote),

and Arp MOD is the original behaviour of J-8 for the last few months.

rsp
sound sculptist

Return to “Instruments”