Is an audio plugin store viable ??

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi there,

I'm thinking about starting an online store selling audio plugins and virtual instruments and I was wondering if it's a viable business, are audio plugins selling enough to be a good product for a store ?

I know there is a lot of competition, I would have to offer something radically different to get noticed.

I would like your opinion

Thank you

Kneejerk reaction: If you feel the urge to ask for confirmation, the honest answer is usually not affirmative.

After thinking for 5 seconds: what plugins will you be selling?
What's in it for the developers? Why would they give away considerable profit margin to you?
And what's the win for customers?
Have you got any experience in something remotely simular?

If you have no good answers to those questions, you have no viable business plan.
Last edited by BertKoor on Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

I'd imagine that it's pretty tough, especially as it's a small market, and there's a lot of competition already, and you're starting from scratch.

If you want something safe, I don't think there's anything safe in the world. If you have some good ideas, and a hand for business, why not try your luck?

Are these plugins you would make yourself?
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Why not have a small walk-in boutique where you can get advice, demo DAWs and plugins, learn to program plugins, make a DIY controller, develop your social skills, etc.
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Michael L wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:44 am Why not have a small walk-in boutique where you can get advice, demo DAWs and plugins, learn to program plugins, make a DIY controller, develop your social skills, etc.
And include a workshop where one can get your DAW up and running with all license systems set up.
Installation processes with a logical buildup of folders, samples one place, VSTs at another...etc etc
And service, rebuilding/cleaning up the DAW. What to keep, what to sell/uninstall?

I would like some place like that, just to save time, as my work is taking too much spacetime... and I have accumulated so much stuff that it feels hobbling. The treshold to just sit down and jam is rising.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”