First third-party plugin you bought?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

NI Pro-52.

pro52.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Novation V-Station.

Although z3ta+ probably was my first one, if you count magware. Cost me 20 €, as Computer Music mag wasn't digital back then, and I had to order it from a shop which imported English mags in Germany... couldn't miss it though. :) They proudly announced it as the full unrestricted original, no strings attached. ;) Even if it's not my favorite synths, it was quite an eye opener, compared to the free stuff I was using until then...

Adam Szabo JP6K :tu:

My memory is fallible, but it was probably Big Tick Rhino or the original z3ta, and probably 2003. (This predates my Gmail account, so not easy to look up the history.)

Seems like I should know this for sure, but my memory sucks. I'm pretty sure it was Vanguard, but may have been V-Station or Albino 3. I bought all of these early in my conversion from hardware to hybrid.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

Psp Vintage Warmer . 2008 . Still on my stereo buss :) .

Zebra 2--despite warnings, was a great synth to learn on.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

I think it was Zebra 2. If not it was WizooVerb. Pretty sure it was Zebra.

I bought NI's Dynamo in the late 90s, I think. There was also a Direct X bundle I bought around that time, but I can't remember the name (and had to Google to remember Direct X).
If every KVR member wrote one review a year we'd have 1340 reviews each day!

Cool Edit Pro (Audition) or Reaktor (i saw it demoed at the NI booth at NAMM 2002 and bought it the next day).
These are still my two favorites. I often think i could have stopped there.
gadgets an gizmos..make noise https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness Restocked: 3/24
old stuff http://ww.dancingbearaudioresearch.com/
if this post is edited -it was for punctuation, grammar, or to make it coherent (or make me seem coherent).

Wow, this is a difficult one. I know my Pro Tools ignition pack came with 3rd party stuff as did My Korg padKontrol.

I think I purchased Ableton Live 7, in 2007 and shortly after that, I made my first plugin purchase of Sonic Charge's µTonic.

My second was the Fabfilter FX Pro Bundle (Pro-C, Volcano and Timeless).

For µTonic, I think I remember trying to decide between the software version vs the tin, and I ended up buying the software version just to save a bit of money (a good idea preceding the 2008 financial collapse).

Applied Acoustic Systems Ultra Analog as a “no-brainer” deal on audiomidi.com

How I Got GAS, A Memoir
Lost in translation processing

how do i know? that is like asking what day i took my first baby step lol. bought fruity loops back in 2000 i think it was and soon after bought the varazdin orchestra for it but that ain't 3rd party :( lol so i don't have a clue to my first 3rd party plugin... i suspect it was 21 yrs ago now but have no idea what it could have been. couldn't have been a waves plugin... they didn't have the $29 sale back then lol
"There is no strength in numbers... have no such misconception... but when you need me be assured I won't be far away."

Live Synth Pro. Although the oldest plugin I bought that I still use might be Pentagon.
Even if the piano player can't play, keep the party going.
http://www.soundclick.com/mumpcake
https://mumpfucious.wordpress.com/

Pretty sure it was Hercs Abakos, mid 2000s? Think it was a no-brainer in the forums here, first 'pro' plugin sold for a fiver or something... Still sounds pretty interesting. Up to then I was still largely hardware with a few freebies, synth1, crystal, lots of SE creations.

Return to “Effects”