Studio One 5 Available Now (5.3 Out June 29th, 2021)

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Artist Studio One Professional

eclipxe wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:18 am “ New in Studio One 5.2, you can now use Studio One Remote 1.6 on your favorite mobile devices as a master controller for your live performance! Take the Performance View with you on stage to take charge of your Show. Best of all, multiple devices can connect to the same computer running Studio One so each player can control their own patches right from their mobile device”
I just imagined 5-piece band, sitting on a stage with their smartphones, performing live :hihi:
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

No updates for the s1 browser??
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Moog Matriarch/Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/DM12
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

Hope they fix arpeggiator. Also, I'm curious if you can jump between don't parts from the mixer view. They would help mixing without needing to change views. You can just keep the mixer full screen.

eclipxe wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:51 am I’ve got some leaks.

“ New in Studio One 5.2, the Arranger Track lets you try arrangements on the fly before committing to a new playback order. The updated Arranger Track Inspector lets you quickly jump to different sections of your song from a quick view list. Simply double-click an Arranger Section while another section is playing and Studio One will seamlessly transition from one section to another—without skipping a beat! Also new to 5.2: you get even more robust live arrangement functionality with Arranger Tracks in the Show Page, in both Setlist view and Performance view! ”
Meh :(
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avSVEFyPCcw

hopefully they will solve this issue

If all of those leaks pan out then 5.2 will be a pretty big update....obviously not everything is for everyone, but its great to see the pace of development....
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Hope MPE finally works for all plugin formats

If rumours are true , nothing worse than a clip launcher that is not actually a clip launcher .
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Not sure if that’s all of the new features. Just what I could find. I’ve heard there might be some big atom sq updates also but not confirmed.

eclipxe wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:08 am “Studio One 5.2 adds the Arranger Track to the Show Page, letting you experiment on the fly while you're on stage or live streaming from your studio. For each Arranger section in every Setlist song have a choice of five playback modes: Continue, Stop at End, Skip, Loop, or Loop and Continue; the last of which lets you repeat any section for a specific number of times before playback continues to the next Arranger Section. ”
So this would be really handy for playing live to an "augmentation track", not having to be tied to a fixed arrangement.

Guys,a question for you.
The function of studio one that you can map many plugins and you control automatically the selected one,how is called?

eclipxe wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:58 pm Not sure if that’s all of the new features. Just what I could find. I’ve heard there might be some big atom sq updates also but not confirmed.
Atom SQ not woking anymore with macOS 11 Big Sur. Worked great, then 11.1 update it stopped working. PreSonus tech support told me to downgrade my OS to Catalina, which didn't come with my machine. Would be nice if they manage to do some updates, and release a fix. I'm not holding my breath.
Bitwig Certified Trainer

eclipxe wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:11 am “ Editing note events in the Piano View is faster and easier than ever in Studio One 5.2. When editing Note events inside the Piano View, the Arrow Tool turns into a real “Smart Tool” at higher zoom levels—without ever having to switch tools!

In addition to selecting, moving and resizing note events using the Arrow Tool, the following additional functions can now be changed all with the same useful tool:

Note velocity
Mute/unmute event
Split note event
Split note event and part
Glue adjacent notes”
A MIDI Smart Tool is one I requested years ago so this is one that has me interested. The rest of the stuff just wasn’t for me.

It really sounds like they've added a half-assed, Not-Actually-A-Clip-Launcher, based on all of the leaked updates posted in here. You have to create arrangement zones over already recorded / arranged material, and then you can "remix them" on the fly in the new view / inspector / whatever.

If you can't record into it, it's not a clip launcher. You still have to do all the normal, linear composition first, then you use this new thing as a fart-around zone. It's hard to imagine anyone really making extensive use of it, as described, but what do I know.

anyway, bummer. I'd love to be surprised on Tuesday and find out there's way more to it, but let's admit it -- that's not likely.

Hi everyone! I am new to Studio One so please educate me.
I am looking to buy Studio One for just mixing, will the Artist version is sufficient? What are the big difference between Pro and Artist in terms of mixing?

Thanks!
P5

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”