Tone2 Warlock (synthesizer) - available now!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Warlock

So, without reading anything and being totally ready to be jumped on and virtually pummeled into the ground. Is this the successor to Firebird?
Intel Core i7 8700K, 16gb, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlet 6i6

morelia wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:22 am So, without reading anything and being totally ready to be jumped on and virtually pummeled into the ground. Is this the successor to Firebird?
Yep. Its Firebird on steroids.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

I agree great synth here

Hi markus I know I'm leaving it late but I'm getting 3 tracks master for the competition. As we speak..They will be ready tonight or first thing tomorrow. . Hopefully you can listen to my techno for breakfast. ;-)

Please add mousewheel support for all tabs/parts, soyou can choose the waveform/instrument easily :(
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Caine123 wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:36 pm Please add mousewheel support for all tabs/parts, soyou can choose the waveform/instrument easily
+1 Yes, please! Also the mousewheel support for the knobs is too coarse. I know you can use shift for fine tuning but with the current calibration I have to use shift constantly which is tiring.

As I understand it, the contest deadline was extended by a week. That would mean it ends at midnight tonight (Sunday)...is that correct? I don't know if "a week" (which is all that was mentioned in the post about it) meant last night at midnight or tonight at midnight.

And I think it was mentioned earlier, but has anyone found out how to set up MIDI control for parameters? Right-clicking knobs does nothing, and there's no mention in the online Help. I think it was mentioned earlier in the thread, but I can't find it over the past 30 pages.

Also, is anyone else having a problem where auditioning the different waveforms for the oscillators causes a BSOD in Windows 7/Cakewalk by Bandlab? I don't have this problem with other projects and nothing on the machine has changed recently (especially since Microsoft no longer offers updates for Win7). The demos I'm trying to finish have rebooted the machine 6 times already (corrupting two demo project files in the process), and it seems to happen only when I audition different waveforms in the oscillators...unless maybe it's the presets themselves that I'm using, I can't tell yet.

Thanks.

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

Hello Steve,
The update to v1.0 rc4 is finished.

What's new?
- Workaround for a bug in Cubase, which could crash on scanning the plugin
- Cubase did change the waveform of OSC1 if a keyboard with aftertouch was used
- Slightly raised the volume of the Chorus and Flanger
- Many small things
The deadline for the demo-song competition ended on Sunday the 7th.

If you use the VST3-version you can assign Midi CCs with a right-click on a knob (if the host supports it).

Frantz wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:33 pm
Caine123 wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:36 pm Please add mousewheel support for all tabs/parts, soyou can choose the waveform/instrument easily
+1 Yes, please! Also the mousewheel support for the knobs is too coarse. I know you can use shift for fine tuning but with the current calibration I have to use shift constantly which is tiring.
Most likely I will add this in the next update

Markus Krause wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:44 am Most likely I will add this in the next update
Wonderful. Thanks!

Markus Krause wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:43 am Hello Steve,
The update to v1.0 rc4 is finished.

What's new?
- Workaround for a bug in Cubase, which could crash on scanning the plugin
- Cubase did change the waveform of OSC1 if a keyboard with aftertouch was used
- Slightly raised the volume of the Chorus and Flanger
- Many small things
The deadline for the demo-song competition ended on Sunday the 7th.

If you use the VST3-version you can assign Midi CCs with a right-click on a knob (if the host supports it).
Thanks, Markus. I got one demo sent off to you in time (I hope), but the other demo files are unusable. I'll try to figure out what's going on there. In the meantime, I sent you a message through the Tone2 forum about MIDI CC assignments. They don't work for me on Warlock (VST3) in Cakewalk by Bandlab, even though they do for other Tone2 instruments (and all the others where the dev has allowed it). I won't take up any more time of your time on KVR about it, though, since it's more of a "support" issue than an announcement of the synth.

Very happy with Warlock other than this minor issue -- the pads, plucks and basses are great!

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

Hello Steve,

i already answered to you in the forum and by email. I also sent you a link with the latest version. You should install it. If you did not receive it check out your spambox.

And many thanks for your track, I have received it and like it :tu:

Markus Krause wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:37 am Hello Steve,

i already answered to you in the forum and by email. I also sent you a link with the latest version. You should install it. If you did not receive it check out your spambox.

And many thanks for your track, I have received it and like it :tu:
Thanks, Markus. I got your email after I sent the one on the forum. But I already have v1.0rc4, and it appears the link you sent me is for the same version. Is it tweaked in any way?

The confusion may be that you're saying here and in the email to me that "the issue with Cubase has already been fixed", but I'm talking about Cakewalk by Bandlab (CbB).

And thanks for the comment on the track I sent! I'm glad you like it!

Steve
Last edited by planetearth on Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:04 am, edited 3 times in total.

Hi markus did you get my tracks ? I got them mastered especially for this competition.
My name is Darren Cummins. I sent them early hours Saturday.night Sunday morning

Making a demo track was very fun. Mine sounds like a modernized version of an 80s sci-fi anime soundtrack. Very easy to get great sounds out of Warlock.

Still need to read the manual tho, lol.

Return to “Instruments”