2021: A Year in Gear (What You've Bought or Want to Buy in 2021)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Modal Argon8M and Cobalt8M, couldn't decide between them so I bought both, especially as I was able to get a basically brand new Argon8M for 30% off! Next up is either a Hydrasynth desktop or a (very modest) modular rig. I'm leaning towards the Hydrasynth though, since I like digital timbres and it's much better value for money. I've got a few more years before I hit mid-life proper so I'll probably wait until then before getting sucked into modular. It's always nice to have things to look forward to :lol:
Always Read the Manual!

ive ordered a cheap tongue drum for some live sampling fun :)

also suggested singing bowls as birthday gifts, so hopefully someone will pick up on that :hihi:
if not ill pick some up later...

Wound up changing my plans a bit...

ordered a Xaoc Odessa :D

foosnark wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:06 am Wound up changing my plans a bit...

ordered a Xaoc Odessa :D
Looks like a blast! Hope you have the rack space, new rows are dangerous.

imrae wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:58 am Looks like a blast! Hope you have the rack space, new rows are dangerous.
The good news is, I have enough room for Odessa, plus the new version of Sport Modulator that's being designed, plus a Clep Diaz.

The bad news is I really want to try Loquelic Iteritas, and I miss Manis Iteritas. I'll probably either get a lunchbox or another 4ms Pod to make some room, or just shelve my Akemie's Castle for a while.

Couldn't resist an MIK Squier HM4 (thru neck, Floyd thingy). The fingerboard looks like it hasn't been cleaned for at least a decade but I plucked up the courage (and I've been vaccinated) to give it a quick thrash - it plays really nicely. Pups are a little brash but that's OK if you want to channel your inner CC Deville :)

Resynthesis Jr goes back to school on Monday so I should have a bit of time to polish it up.

I've bought so far:
- Yamaha RS7000
- Roland XV-3080
- E-mu e6400 Ultra

Still on my shopping list:
- Korg SQ-64
- Tascam Model 12

The goal is to have a small computerless music setup. Main clock signal comes from Model 12 and it acts also as a multitracker+mixer. SQ-64 handles all the sequencing duties and RS7000 goes to a second music setup which I'll finish later.

Maybe thinking the same way, just ordered Novation Circuit tracks
Next either Korg Prologue 16 or Novation Summit

Oxi One - the new sequencer is something that intrigues me enormously. Been eyeing the Maschine+ for some time, but my inner voice tells me to lay low for the next generation.

/C
CLUB VICE for ARTURIA PIGMENTS
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

Kraku wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:56 am I've bought so far:
- Yamaha RS7000
- Roland XV-3080
- E-mu e6400 Ultra

Still on my shopping list:
- Korg SQ-64
- Tascam Model 12

The goal is to have a small computerless music setup. Main clock signal comes from Model 12 and it acts also as a multitracker+mixer. SQ-64 handles all the sequencing duties and RS7000 goes to a second music setup which I'll finish later.
I also bought a Yamaha RS7000 and a Roland XV-3080 so far! And a Roland JV-90+VE-JV1. Also considered the Tascam Model 12, but I'm going for the Yamaha MODX7.

New modular case! Ikea BESTA frame with SynthRacks rails and Konstant Lab power. Plenty of room for expansion :hyper:

(With another 6U of rails there would be a few cm gap at the bottom, perfect to stash a Beatstep Pro.)

The only tricky part is that the width works out at slightly over 109hp, but SynthRacks were happy to cut to size :D I'm going to need some 1hp blanks or odd-number-hp modules :dog:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

excuse me please wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:05 am I also bought a Yamaha RS7000 and a Roland XV-3080 so far! And a Roland JV-90+VE-JV1. Also considered the Tascam Model 12, but I'm going for the Yamaha MODX7.
We are synthetic soul buddies! :lol:

Kraku wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:08 pm
excuse me please wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:05 am I also bought a Yamaha RS7000 and a Roland XV-3080 so far! And a Roland JV-90+VE-JV1. Also considered the Tascam Model 12, but I'm going for the Yamaha MODX7.
We are synthetic soul buddies! :lol:
Haha, great minds think alike :)
That said, I have dld the MODX manual. It has an usb interface and an audio input, I'll try to figure out how it works in the weekend. Not sure about it. It's a lot of money.

I've also considered MODX at some point, but don't have the space for large keyboards :(

Constructed Identity wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:36 am Maybe thinking the same way, just ordered Novation Circuit tracks
Next either Korg Prologue 16 or Novation Summit
Have you seen any info on the polyphony of the Circuit Tracks synths and samples? I've can't find anything specific. On Reddit, I was reading that for samples, it's limited to 1 voice (per sampler, with of course 4 samplers).

I think I'm going to have to wait for Circuit Tracks to be released, but it honestly looks fun. I love my Op-Z so I think I'd like Circuit Tracks for when I want "more" without needing to set up a more complex session.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”