Phase Plant released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

BTW Granular sampler is coming!

Source: https://discord.com/channels/3900704105 ... 5952510986
I'm having a lot of fun!

Last edited by E_Anderson on Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:55 pm, edited 5 times in total.

JazJazgot wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:25 pm I was shocked when I discovered that there's small button on each fx lane, which makes it polyphonic. This is real game changer for me. It is very unobtrusive and somehow stayed hidden for me for months.
The big selling point of this for me is distortion - per-voice, you can play chords etc. without it snapping to powerchords sound, and it goes a very long way to emulating analogue hardware with progressive little bits of fuzz (also, effects in the osc section are per-voice)

And yeah, I misread my email from them in October - they said they couldn't say if. Now they've said if, so... Hype indeed :) and that's my post they're responding to in the discord, I've been pretty... persistent.
granular.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

They sent a newsletter out - no mention of any Phase Plant Updates but they did say a new effect plugin is about to be launched (no details though). I hope its something interesting like a new reverb type (a really HQ reverb would be welcome, impulse based? Or maybe a plate or shimmer?)

If I was KH I would include the current reverb with Phase Plant and make a new 'premium' reverb as as a purchase option. I know spending an extra 39E just to add a basic reverb to a 170E synth put me off for a long time (then when I finally bought PP they sent me a 30E voucher anyway!).
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

One should be a non linear filter of which a screenshot was already on the discord channel.
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:18 pm One should be a non linear filter of which a screenshot was already on the discord channel.
rsp
I think there is only one, so that may be it!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Ahhh...

Let me go find a screenshot of it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pth5vcuz6kith ... 8.mp4?dl=0

rsp
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by zvenx on Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
sound sculptist

I think Kilohearts should offer one selectable freebie each year like AAS do. Gets them lots of buzz and forum interaction.

zvenx wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:05 pm Ahhh...

Let me go find a screenshot of it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pth5vcuz6kith ... 8.mp4?dl=0

rsp
Thanks (was just on Discord and couldn't find it) - Interesting (I wonder if we will also see this as a filter in the Generators section? Be useful to me either way as I also have Multipass (as should everyone as its on sale for $30 again!) but I admit I didn't know anything about non liner filters until I googled it 10 minutes ago!

It was a few days ago, I just happened to be on the server just after it was posted.
(the screen shot not the video spoiler clip).
I suspect it may be an add on alas.. snap in or whatever they call them.

Isn't Zero Delay Filters a subsection of non linear filters?
rsp
sound sculptist

I am not sure, I know noise and distortion can be created by the non linear process (only as I read it) and that video and the drop down types description looks like that may be the case! May be more of dirty/noisy/saturation effect that a standard subtractive filter with a single frequency boost. cant wait to try it, and as I bought ultimate toolbox just last week, I hope its very cheap (or free :-))

I seriously wish they would add the more quality filter options to the generator section rather than effects.

https://urs.silvrback.com/zero-delay-feedback

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q ... pE0lxRjEzR

I think we all do wish it was in the generator section :) (could be in effects too if they wish)
rsp
Last edited by zvenx on Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sound sculptist

dstep404 wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:03 pm I seriously wish they would add the more quality filter options to the generator section rather than effects.
+1

The PP update is still to come, so it may well be there...We know we granular coming and from the sound of discord something with the modulators as well....

Return to “Instruments”