VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

dark water wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:38 pm * quickly Googles "arse gravy"

regrets decision *
:lol: soft southern shite!

Is that a sub genre of arse gravy?

ps vurt, how might one go about creating impulse responses from the slurry in question? :oops:

get someone far away to do it :shrug:

Definitely a possibility...
I wonder if Liquidsonics would be interested?

(They seem to have an appropriate name for the job if nothing else).

Dasheesh wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:03 pm EAReverb by eaReckon is worth checking out.
+1.

MTurboverb is a science on its own and I usually don´t want many parameters to get lost in but I have lately started using it in the MSF and the results are outstanding. Pristine overall sound of crystalline character. For me it´s an other sound improver.

Melda is amazing, but it's so easy to make it sound like crap - it's not easy to mix with it, but in the end it's usually worth it.

On another note, i was just trying to replace Breeze 2 in one of my existing project, and boy, ChromaVerb (logic native) is so good. It also has a neat little "attack" knob to smoothen out transients.
If anything good came out of this is that I rediscovered ChromaVerb
Unaspected wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:12 pm
Funkstar De Luxe2 wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:51 pm
So not only did you purchase their product, but they're making you beta test it too? These guys are so not for me.
:hihi:

When you put it like that.

Not laughing at your plight though, Ploki - Hopefully they'll fix those bugs for you soon.
:D
all good

I use Soundtoys Little Plate on vocals, T-Verb for subtle room, and Waves Abbey Road Chamber on vocals and guitars.

vurt wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:32 pm go and play with your pink bass!
It's a Bass VI, it's Fiesta Red, and it enables one to play music, and not be a 1950s telephone switchboard operator.

Is it the Squier one or an original Fender? I've got the former (in Olympic White) and totally love it - pitched it up one quart though (using an appropriate baritone set)
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jens wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:18 pm Is it the Squier one or an original Fender? I've got the former (in Olympic White) and totally love it - pitched it up one quart though (using an appropriate baritone set)
One of these;

https://www.revelationguitars.co.uk/guitar/rjt-60-b/

Got it tuned E to E as I use it mostly for high chords stuff, which gives a totally different perspective on writing. I'm thinking about a baritone as well at some point.

NIce! How does it play? How's the built-quality? I've been lusting over a Couple of Revelation guitars for quite some time... (RTS-57 and RJT-60 - pure gearlust :oops:)

One nice advantage of A-A is that it's basically the same as the quasi-standard Uke tuning.

Oh, btw.: the Bass VI came with E - E - totally flabby - basically unuseable, so I didn't have much of chance regarding its tuning - which is also part of what got me asking for the built-quality of the Revelation one...
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jens wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:49 pm NIce! How does it play? How's the built-quality? I've been lusting over a Couple of Revelation guitars for quite some time... (RTS-57 and RJT-60 - pure gearlust :oops:)

One nice advantage of A-A is that it's basically the same as the quasi-standard Uke tuning.

Oh, btw.: the Bass VI came with E - E - totally flabby - basically unuseable, so I didn't have much of chance regarding its tuning - which is also part of what got me asking for the built-quality of the Revelation one...
Really good all round, feels like something much more expensive. I've got an RJ60 12 string as well (which I had first). Only problem I've ever had was with the bass VI and the wiring, but I bought that second hand and it was not in the best condition having not been looked after (and hence cheap!).

vurt wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:36 pm
Kinh wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:32 am
Funkstar De Luxe2 wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:15 am
Kinh wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:39 am
Funkstar De Luxe2 wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:32 am

I'm thinking very seriously about buying the PCM Total Bundle. This is serious money for me, but they appear to be the best.
what makes it the best?

The strategy they use to get people to buy is mark up the price, create perceived value, pay $$ for experts to endorse. Some companies can afford to to this, others cant but that dont make their product worse.

Long story short, use your stock reverb unless you need something specific like plate or diffusion that yours cant do cause quality wise, they're all similar.
Of course it’s the sound that’s makes the lexicon best. I’d not compromise for anything other than sound.

I take this very seriously, it’s not a hobby or game for me.

Honestly if you think that stock reverb plugins are good enough, I’d suggest you’re in the wrong forum. There’s a massive difference in quality and sound. Reverb is probably the most important effect to understand and use.
Dont stress, you dont have to take my advice.
You can either find out the easy or hard way, your choice. Trust me, I was like you once upon a time, spent shit loads on many reverbs only to prefer my stock Ableton to this day.
Advice: use your ears, not your instinct and you'll have more money to spend on things that matter.
let's hear it then.
put yo money where yo mush be!
There's a link at the bottom of my posts all you need to do is click it if you wanna hear my stuff, unless you're too scared to.
Realty is I spend more time mixing music than you and probably most people on kvr so I kinda know what I'm talking about. People on these forums, including the OP are under the illusion spending a lot of money on something will make you sound 'professional' when all they're doing is telling their brains:
"Because I spend money on this it must be important to me and that makes me feel professional".
Investing time will make the difference. It's what you 'do' with the reverb that makes it sound great, not how much you spend on it.
If you use the right techniques you can make any reverb sound like any released track on the radio. But unfortunately this culture struggles with listening to other people. Everybody's stuck in this "I know better" mentality. When I was younger we actually listened to people who knew better than us and made informed decisions based on all the facts. If someone's telling you something different from what you wanna hear don't get offended, don't think they're talking out of their ass, dont insult them and attempt to label them amateur so you can validate your ignorance, just listen because they may know more about something than you do.

Yeah I've listened to people who know better than me, industry legends in fact... Turns out they were paid to advertise.

Return to “Effects”