Black Box Analog Design HG-2MS has landed

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Wow already discounted! :lol:

Interesting, no update option for owners of original BB.

If the update price would be reasonable and they would remove this TMT BS (which only add to price and it's useless), I would even consider it.

It’ll be cheap enough soon enough.

$69.99 offer for original HG2 owners :nutter:

This or do exact same M/S filter matrix in Ableton in 2 minutes hmm...

Sad me, it's not that easy in Cubase without 3rd party plugins :)

It seems to have better workflow than the original, as it doesn't get as loud when turning pentode or triode, and I don't think it's only because of the output knob is turning a little bit when moving those knobs.

I did however notice something missing. I jumped to trial this as soon as I noticed the "band area saturation", seeing this would be very good feature to only saturate certain place. What it's missing is the optional compensation option. In NeOld's Big AL there's optional bass compensation feature, which turns the low knob into a low-end saturator, without boosting the volume of lowend frequencies. I wish this HG-2 MS had similar optional compensation feature for the saturation band mode.

Voucher time.. I'm not paying $69.

Effectsworks wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:02 pm Voucher time.. I'm not paying $69.
Except for when you're penalized for having a $50 voucher after buying several things only not be able to use it because you have to spend at least $75 in order to apply it. :x

I think I'll wait until my monthly voucher drops back down to $25.

sl1200mk2 wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:44 pm
Effectsworks wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:02 pm Voucher time.. I'm not paying $69.
Except for when you're penalized for having a $50 voucher after buying several things only not be able to use it because you have to spend at least $75 in order to apply it. :x

Yep. The $75 minimum purchase is a complete pain when you have the $50 voucher as nothing ever falls in that bracket and you have to add another product to go over it, which then defeats the object of the discount. The $25 voucher was much more useful. i just wait for $29 sales these days.
'and when we got bored, we'd have a world war...'

sl1200mk2 wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:44 pm

Getting a $25 voucher wouldn't make financial sense in this case. Just take the $70 upgrade, add the $19 Tuner to get it over $75 then deduct the $50 voucher from that total, about $39. Your way it would be $45, and that's assuming the upgrade price doesn't go up next month.

I used my $50 loyalty voucher with the Thorn weekend warrior discount voucher to pick up HG-2MS & Thorn for £50 UK (inc.VAT) ... I'm happy enough with that. Did anyone mention that you get a free copy of HG-2 with HG-2MS? Expect to see cheap licenses for HG-2 in the marketplace soon. :)

You folks arent being inventive. Add bx_tuner. Add BB. Apply $50 voucher. get 20% discount for multiple plugins. $35. (assuming you can get BB for $69).

I need to read better :). This was already mentioned.

But its $35. I know because I did this upgrade earlier ;)
Last edited by rezoneight on Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thecontrolcentre wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:03 pm I used my $50 loyalty voucher with the Thorn weekend warrior discount voucher to pick up HG-2MS & Thorn for £50 UK (inc.VAT) ... I'm happy enough with that. Did anyone mention that you get a free copy of HG-2 with HG-2MS? Expect to see cheap licenses for HG-2 in the marketplace soon. :)
Better be real cheap. PA charges $20 to transfer licenses.

pixel85 wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:06 am Wow already discounted! :lol:

Interesting, no update option for owners of original BB.

If the update price would be reasonable and they would remove this TMT BS (which only add to price and it's useless), I would even consider it.
How is TMT useless? One of the actual Black Box guys explained it well on GS https://www.gearslutz.com/board/showpos ... ount=15980
Last edited by rezoneight on Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rezoneight wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:08 pm You folks arent being inventive. Add bx_tuner. Add BB. Apply $50 voucher. get 20% discount for multiple plugins. $35. (assuming you can get BB for $69)
:clap:

I was robbed :tantrum: (but I got Thorn for about £30)
Last edited by thecontrolcentre on Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

thecontrolcentre wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:15 pm
rezoneight wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:08 pm You folks arent being inventive. Add bx_tuner. Add BB. Apply $50 voucher. get 20% discount for multiple plugins. $35. (assuming you can get BB for $69)
:clap:

I was robbed :tantrum: (but I got Thorn for £30)
Thorn is awesome so I dont think you were robbed ;)

Return to “Effects”