Arturia V Collection 8 official thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Analog Lab Pro Arturia Prophet VS Sound Library V Collection X

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:25 pm The V Collection upgrade isn't discounted right now. It is still $299. I think it will be $149 during the summer sale.

I’ll wait for the upgrade sale to V9 on black friday 2024...

Tj Shredder wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:29 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:25 pm The V Collection upgrade isn't discounted right now. It is still $299. I think it will be $149 during the summer sale.

I’ll wait for the upgrade sale to V9 on black friday 2024...
:lol:

I think you won't have to wait that long, assuming VC9 will be out in May 2022 and will be discounted then or on Black Friday 2022. :)

I was way too busy when V8 came out and didn't pay attention to it. I'm a V7 owner and see the upgrade price of $299 in my Arturia account. Shouldn't I see $199? Or, was $199 a limited time offer?

It was the time limited offer for previous VC owners, when VC8 was launched.
299 is the new upgrade price because the VCollection is growing and therefore becoming more expensive.
With that said, it's reasonable to expect the upgrade price to get down to 149 at some point, since Arturia tends to do the 50% off at least once a year.

Chrisk-K wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:55 am I'm a V7 owner and see the upgrade price of $299 in my Arturia account.
Will be especially fun when new users would able to grab whole bundle from zero at the same price during sale.

I'd love to have V8 but not for $299. I still haven't explored even 10% of what V7 can do. I will continue to have fun with V7 till Arturia's summer sales :)/

Chrisk-K wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:58 pm I'd love to have V8 but not for $299. I still haven't explored even 10% of what V7 can do. I will continue to have fun with V7 till Arturia's summer sales :)/
Spending more time with what you already have is always the right answer. V Collection usually goes on sale for 50% off at least a couple times a year. If you wait long enough you might even be able to jump straight to V Collection 9 (probably sometime in 2022).
Stormchild

VC8 and upgrade deals are back, same as last time. $149 is the minimum. Until April 6.

Kinda think synth dealers wising up to the fact that most Americans suddenly have $1,400 burning a hole in their pockets. AAS is doing a sale on everything as well.

Where are you seeing 149. I am offered €199 for the upgrade. I was expecting 149.
Feels expensive when I could pick up the whole package for $499!
Last edited by SHall1000 on Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anyone know what the 6 to 8 upgrade price is?

SHall1000 wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:58 pm Anyone know what the 6 to 8 upgrade price is?
$249

Ouch!

Let me see. Could pick up a Juno and OB from Cherry Audio for $29. Not sure I want the Emulator and my TAL sampler might suffice. Any good cheaper vocoder alternatives out there?

SHall1000 wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:13 pm Let me see. Could pick up a Juno and OB from Cherry Audio for $29. Not sure I want the Emulator and my TAL sampler might suffice. Any good cheaper vocoder alternatives out there?
I thought the same thing, but in testing CVA's DCO-106 and Eight Voice, I'm finding the mod wheel isn't enabled by default on any preset on either synth, and the effects are just so-so. You'd have to turn the mod wheel on, set how much you want it to affect the modulation, and then re-save the patch, I guess. (And before anyone mentions it, I know the original Eight Voice didn't even have a mod wheel, but it also didn't have a sequencer, MIDI capability or the effects that CVA has added. :wink: The original Juno-106 did have a mod wheel, and its presets used it by default.) All that said, you might want to demo them first, to see if you like the workflow.

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

Return to “Instruments”