Acustica intros Sienna: ‘The’ headphone mixing plugin you were waiting for

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Sienna (Volume A) is an Acqua plug-in suite in VST,AU,AAX formats. It represents an ambitious project that took a lot of time in design and development, but that time, which we willingly spent, has repaid us considerably given the incredible results achieved, which will completely change the way people mix on the go.
The outcome of this effort is one of the most extensive and rich plugins that Acustica has ever created.
It recreates the same listening experience as if you were mixing in top-tier studios, mastering in audiophile-grade rooms, or playing back your tracks on HI-FI systems, car stereos, boomboxes, and more, all through your headphones.

On release, Sienna - Volume A will include over 150 headphone emulations from the world's most famous brands that we carefully measured and profiled.
Also, accurate models of 2 studios (Acustica's control room and HOG studio control room 1),4 sets of high-end monitors (sampled in an anechoic chamber and in the included studios.)
Additional Volumes/Packs will be released in the near future.

NOTE: Additional Volumes/Packs will require Sienna Vol. A to be installed on your computer.

Early bird price €89 (reg: €149) - Valid through March 25, 2021, 11:59 pm CET
For further details consult this page: https://sienna.studio

Do you have plans to provide operating system wide solution soon, not just plugins as now?
I'm having a lot of fun!

This is nowhere close to a poor bedroom studio even. I'm glad that you have trial.
I'm having a lot of fun!

Reference curve is vastly different to sonarworks, makes everything sound more tinny on my M50's also jumping about from 16 to 20% cpu on my 3950x when using the room plug, first impressions aren't very good but I guess it's a case of trying to get used to the sound (I didn't like the Sonarworks curve at first either) although I don't think the trial is long enough for something like this and the intro price is defintely not long enough

Why would anyone ever need this. Don’t get it ?
Check out some of my latest mixes and remixes:https://soundcloud.com/thinkmusic007

you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink
"There is no strength in numbers... have no such misconception... but when you need me be assured I won't be far away."

JazJazgot wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:19 pm Do you have plans to provide operating system wide solution soon, not just plugins as now?
Yes, there will be.

Digivolt wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:19 pm Reference curve is vastly different to sonarworks, makes everything sound more tinny on my M50's also jumping about from 16 to 20% cpu on my 3950x when using the room plug, first impressions aren't very good but I guess it's a case of trying to get used to the sound (I didn't like the Sonarworks curve at first either) although I don't think the trial is long enough for something like this and the intro price is defintely not long enough
Try the presets, or Guru instead, it has more options to adjust to taste, and you are right, there is some learning curve and more time is needed, so we might extend the intro price since we are also modeling a lot more headphones.

Volume B just released!

What you get
Sienna Volume B includes the following emulations:

6 studios
9 studio monitor speakers.
Other extra Volumes/Packs will be released in the near future.

Link: https://www.acustica-audio.com/store/pr ... nnavolumeb

No, I was definitely not waiting for this.

Skyfall72 wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:02 pm Why would anyone ever need this. Don’t get it ?
The idea behind this sort of plugin is to reference on all sorts of equipment for final mastering-- getting your mix to sound great on anything it is sent through. The problem is, if you have enough space, a room full of cheap headphones and thrift-shop speakers is potentially cheaper and more useful than one company's idea of what all those things could sound like. A television, a boombox, and a car stereo can get you a long way in terms of mixing for consumer electronics, and most people have easy access to those for no cost.

We added to Volume A the Spitfire's room with the iconic "NAOS10" and "NAOS10 plus SUB" completely free as an update for Sienna owners!
Early bird price extended through April 5, 2021 11:59 pm CET https://www.acustica-audio.com/store/pr ... nnavolumea

Acustica Community wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:24 am
Digivolt wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:19 pm Reference curve is vastly different to sonarworks, makes everything sound more tinny on my M50's also jumping about from 16 to 20% cpu on my 3950x when using the room plug, first impressions aren't very good but I guess it's a case of trying to get used to the sound (I didn't like the Sonarworks curve at first either) although I don't think the trial is long enough for something like this and the intro price is defintely not long enough
Try the presets, or Guru instead, it has more options to adjust to taste, and you are right, there is some learning curve and more time is needed, so we might extend the intro price since we are also modeling a lot more headphones.
I noticed a glaring omission is the Yamaha headphones set. No MT-8s or anything from the Yamaha family. It's curious that there's Grados up there which aren't mixing headphones but no Yamahas. Hope these get added.

If you didn't already, you can request them over here: https://www.sienna.studio/headphones/
Thank you!

arkmabat wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:06 pm
Skyfall72 wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:02 pm Why would anyone ever need this. Don’t get it ?
The idea behind this sort of plugin is to reference on all sorts of equipment for final mastering-- getting your mix to sound great on anything it is sent through. The problem is, if you have enough space, a room full of cheap headphones and thrift-shop speakers is potentially cheaper and more useful than one company's idea of what all those things could sound like. A television, a boombox, and a car stereo can get you a long way in terms of mixing for consumer electronics, and most people have easy access to those for no cost.
I wanted to have a good reason to buy Sienna but at the end of testing it out, I just don't have a use for it -it's not how I work. I mix and master primarily through large monitors and use 4 different pairs of headphones to validate. Sienna was interesting and almost worked to convince me I was listening in a studio, but in terms of using it as a value-add for existing monitoring I just couldn't justify it. Glad it working great from some of you out there!

Return to “Effects”