How to make LFO plays just ones on every note triggering? (Bazille)

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Heya, guys.

Can I ask here some help with one basic thing? On my baseline I have an LFO what makes quick click at very start of every note. It's just quickly opens and close the cutoff, but if I hold the note it will loop until I release the key. And I can't figure out how to make it plays just ones on every note triggering..

Here's my simple patch:

wouldn't use use an envelope for that?

I don't know Bazille well at all but are there any 'one-shot' options on the LFOs?

GaryG wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:45 pm wouldn't use use an envelope for that?

I don't know Bazille well at all but are there any 'one-shot' options on the LFOs?
You're right, my friend. It works with envelope as I want. Thanks.

SquareBunny wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:38 pm Heya, guys.

Can I ask here some help with one basic thing? On my baseline I have an LFO what makes quick click at very start of every note. It's just quickly opens and close the cutoff, but if I hold the note it will loop until I release the key. And I can't figure out how to make it plays just ones on every note triggering..
If using the Env works for you, great, that is easier

However, for knowledge sake, you could also use the LFO and with a Multiple, multiply the LFO via the Mapping Generator with the Mapping Generator set to Map Quantize and source set to an Env.

Reset the Mapping Generator to all 0 and then right half to full up like a square wave. There is no built in square wave shape so you have to do it manually.

Env set to A = 0 S = 0 and Decay will adjust how quickly the Env passes across the Mapper. This way you can make the LFO not loop... or make the LFO loop 2 or 3 times then stop. Of course this depends on the timing of both the LFO and Env.

You can also use the Mapping Generator as the modulator controlled by the Env to create envelope shapes that the Env itself cannot do.

^ now this guy knows his synthesis techniques. :tu:

Damn, that was useful! Thank you, guys! Bazille is great!

maybe in a future update the LFOs could get a one shot mode under the phase reset menu.

MitchK1989 wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:43 pm maybe in a future update the LFOs could get a one shot mode under the phase reset menu.
Why bother, though? There are already 6 envelopes directly available.

Howard wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:52 pm
MitchK1989 wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:43 pm maybe in a future update the LFOs could get a one shot mode under the phase reset menu.
Why bother, though? There are already 6 envelopes directly available.
The biggest reason I can think of is the LFOs can be locked to host tempo (which can change mid-song before you tell me to just get out my calculator :hihi:)

Return to “u-he”