U-he Hardware - CVilization Eurorack Module

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Another mode that might be cool for a firmware update, would be have it output like a fader bank,
an make it a performance tool. Maybe each output could step through a range of values based on the
clock or you could set a static value. You could then use it as an animated mute or a trance gate or
whatever. :shrug:

vurt wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:05 pm <span class="skimlinks-unlinked">http://www.viablehybrid.com/vurt/testtu ... .mp3</span>

another, bit more mellow, jus two seperate bits of the same. plaits/supercell.
1 channel of cvlization, playing and mutating, with the second recording it with less steps. 9/8 steps.

definitely thinking a second is in order!
this mode plus 1 and 2 which get or have gotten, more use here.
now im exploring this mode a little more, i can see this getting plenty of use.
either as above, or like yesterday, recording the loops from the malekko and different step interval for ever changing, using 4 different numbers on both ends as well, could get some nice mental melodic bits :hihi:
I got lulled in and then it suddenly stopped... :o

I was thinking that an analog/digital logic mode would be nice. Each output could be set to a different processor (Min/AND, Max/OR, Sum, Dif, Multiply, NAND, NOR, XOR etc.) and all 4 inputs would be compared depending on the level for that channel. This could probably be added to the current Matrix Mixer mode (where each output is currently set to Sum) but if it had it's own mode, you could do interesting things with the CV inputs, like rotating the operators which are assigned to the outputs or creating a 4-bit ADC, which can then be compared to the output processor. I imagine this would be super useful for combining Gate or CV signals in interesting ways. You might also fit a tempo synced trig/gate delay to such a mode...

Can you use CVilization to offset CVs from 0-10 to -5 +5v? Also I'm not sure what the appropriate place would be to ask this.

Cheers!

Augren wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:20 pm Can you use CVilization to offset CVs from 0-10 to -5 +5v? Also I'm not sure what the appropriate place would be to ask this.

Cheers!
Yes,

The Matrix-Mixer (Mode 1) has individual offsets on the output, from -10 to +10V in steps of 1V:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOVUTT-0eWs&t=337s

From 5:37

Do I understand this correctly, that adjusting the encoder 5 ticks to the left moves it by 5 octaves and thus from 0-10 offsets the CV signal at the output to -5 to +5?

Augren wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 4:49 pm Do I understand this correctly, that adjusting the encoder 5 ticks to the left moves it by 5 octaves and thus from 0-10 offsets the CV signal at the output to -5 to +5?
That's correct!

it's hard to follow with that voice!
it's so cool, you stop caring what he's taking about and just chill with him!!!

(get him to do some dr seuss readings for me to sample :tu:)

Urs wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:07 pm
vurt wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:05 pm <span class="skimlinks-unlinked">http://www.viablehybrid.com/vurt/testtu ... .mp3</span>

another, bit more mellow, jus two seperate bits of the same. plaits/supercell.
1 channel of cvlization, playing and mutating, with the second recording it with less steps. 9/8 steps.

definitely thinking a second is in order!
this mode plus 1 and 2 which get or have gotten, more use here.
now im exploring this mode a little more, i can see this getting plenty of use.
either as above, or like yesterday, recording the loops from the malekko and different step interval for ever changing, using 4 different numbers on both ends as well, could get some nice mental melodic bits :hihi:
I got lulled in and then it suddenly stopped... :o
leave them wanting more :D

:hihi:

I've decided to put together a (relatively) small eurorack setup. I've avoided it up until now, but I have so much fun patching complex stuff in Bazille, that I decided to delve a bit more into hardware modular.

So CVilization is on the must have list! (even if I didn't think it would be all that useful, I would get it to support u-he anyway!)

:borg:

indeed :)

vurt wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:16 pm it's hard to follow with that voice!

Yeah, can't do the voice. Don't forget there are options to increase the speed!

elxsound wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:37 pm

i love the voice!!!

vurt wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:39 pm
elxsound wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:37 pm

i love the voice!!!
Sorry... Great vocal talent, but puts me to sleep and my mind wanders, so I can't get on with it.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”