Flower Child Filter and Analog Distortion public beta

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

if I ever figure out how to compile something with Linux...

Architeuthis wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:22 am if I ever figure out how to compile something with Linux...
sudo rm -r *.*

Architeuthis wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:22 am if I ever figure out how to compile something with Linux...
make

seriously, if it's JUCE then it's not so hard

I’m no coder but I’ve read repeatedly that it’s pretty easy. You would become a legend for all time in Linux land :)

If anyone is interested in helping Soundemote, e-mail soundemote@gmail.com

...speaking the word 'make' doesn't actually bring the linux build into existence unfortunately, but I'm open to hiring those who know what they are doing.

Architeuthis wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:06 pm If anyone is interested in helping Soundemote, e-mail soundemote@gmail.com

...speaking the word 'make' doesn't actually bring the linux build into existence unfortunately, but I'm open to hiring those who know what they are doing.
sent

I got it, I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

sudo apt expressgratitudenow!

working on the sinusoid resonator to be more like the polivoks (the "resonator" series is inspired by polivoks and make all kinds of grindy and bubbly sounds). Actually I am redoing all the filters, making them better, more usable. https://www.elanhickler.com/transfer/so ... ttempt.mp3

p.s. i made a downsampled filter that reminds me of doom grunge

p.p.s. every filter model can inspire another filter model and i intend to do an "inspired by" downsampled filter for every model eventually

I think I need to make a series of Doom Eternal themed filters, have some demon flag and add them to the fictional ethos of FMD. Combining the themes of digital / gaming / demons, like space invaders except they will be demon invaders.

https://www.elanhickler.com/transfer/so ... filter.mp3

edit: this one is a modified Flower Child [clean]

https://www.elanhickler.com/transfer/so ... filter.mp3

Yes! I redid Flower Child [Clean]! This is what I wanted the filter to sound like originally, but my lack of experience held me back. Not anymore! This filter is inspired by the Analogue Systems RS-110 filter. While FCF Clean doesn't cover the entire breath of the RS-110, I wanted to capture theme of clean yet fiery sound. I would describe it as a searing tone. Clean, yet is still able to be abused.

Any news on the Linux port? Maybe if I link to this thread on the Linux Musicians forum someone may help with the port.

Danilo Villanova wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:52 pm Any news on the Linux port? Maybe if I link to this thread on the Linux Musicians forum someone may help with the port.
While I'm not giving up it requires more work then I expected. If you find someone skilled in c++ maybe it might have more chances.

I'm going to remove all FMD filters for now from the beta build except for Flower Child (the new and improved). I'll leave the RS-MET filters as well.

I highly encourage everyone to download the upcoming update. I am confident that with the upcoming update, it will be best sounding and most versatile filter you've ever used. Dare I say I'd prefer this digital filter over analog. Big claims, yes. I'd like to know if you agree once you get your hands on it.

Should be out in a few days.

http://www.elanhickler.com/transfer/Sou ... _Rev_3.mp3

Hope to get the new plugin uploaded tomorrow.

I'm not 100% happy with this filter, it needs better bass response and gain compensation, I think I tried to do too much with this filter, and to improve it would require going back to the drawing board. I learned a bit more about filter design so I can take this knowledge for my next attempt. Looks like I still haven't beaten a comparable analog filter. What this filter does well though is the squelchy-ness.
Last edited by Architeuthis on Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:50 am, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Effects”