vurt - the birth, life and death of a universe (some noises)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

expansion/chaos/contraction.

(not this universe, we probably wont suffer contraction. probably...)

Ah, more Vurt weirdness. Had to take off the headphones with all the bouncing between speakers in parts but still a good listen. Reminds of sounds one might hear as a combination of a steamship yard and garbage dump. Add in some monsters one might find in a Pittsburgh factory and the scene is complete.

More variety of sounds than your usual production. Must have had a lot of different things going on in this one as I can't imagine this being made from one sample.

Anyway, very, very cool. Anyone reading this and into musical sound FX, I highly recommend the listen.

PS - Still listening as I write this. Wanted to be first to comment. LOL

Only checked out 15 mins tonight...gotta get some composing done and I always work best at this time of day! :)

What I love about your soundscapes is the narrative they always create in my head...I'll continue the story tomorrow morning! :)

By the way, for me this worked very well...play the video with the sound off and cue it up with the start of your piece...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6auDCAGJgE
Mark Taylor, Chameleon Music - Professional composition and sound design for all media since 1994.

https://www.chameleonmusic.co.uk/

vurt wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:58 pm (not this universe, we probably wont suffer contraction. probably...)
I always wondered where I had heard something like that before ... then it occurred to me: merzbow - especially impuls demon. do you know that? I have to say that your things are clearly more pleasant to hear (and way more intersting), but I don't quite understand why it has to be 30 minutes :lol:
it is better to have a track with some mistakes than a track without any soul
myself in 2022

wagtunes wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:18 pm Ah, more Vurt weirdness. Had to take off the headphones with all the bouncing between speakers in parts but still a good listen. Reminds of sounds one might hear as a combination of a steamship yard and garbage dump. Add in some monsters one might find in a Pittsburgh factory and the scene is complete.

More variety of sounds than your usual production. Must have had a lot of different things going on in this one as I can't imagine this being made from one sample.

Anyway, very, very cool. Anyone reading this and into musical sound FX, I highly recommend the listen.

PS - Still listening as I write this. Wanted to be first to comment. LOL
yeah, a few more sonic layers here, starts out and ends with a single sound though, delay doing karplus strong type stuff :love:
then the middle section involves a couple of samplers on top playing a few different sounds, some feedback loops and the usual "let's see what happens if???" :hihi:

thanks for listening :D

ChameleonMusic wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:19 pm
What I love about your soundscapes is the narrative they always create in my head...I'll continue the story tomorrow morning! :)
that's the hope! :)
and one reason i avoid saying anything much in opening posts, to allow the listener freedom of their imagination.
i then often get new ideas from the listener, expressing this.
all part of the conversation :ud:

i may have to dig terminator out now, haven't watched that in years :tu:

tomtom1 wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:59 pm
vurt wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:58 pm (not this universe, we probably wont suffer contraction. probably...)
I always wondered where I had heard something like that before ... then it occurred to me: merzbow - especially impuls demon. do you know that? I have to say that your things are clearly more pleasant to hear (and way more intersting), but I don't quite understand why it has to be 30 minutes :lol:
i have over the years listened to a lot of merzbow :)
yes, he is a little more abrasive than me, generally :hihi: i have been known to push it on ocassion.

you try getting the entirety of a universe's existence in 3 minutes :o

i don't decide on the length tbh, the pieces do that themselves. but i do prefer long form stuff, can smoke a bowl and sit back :party:
nuances and minor imperceptible changes over time!!

thanks for the listen :)

vurt wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:57 pm
Watched it again last week + T2 as well with my 22 yr old son who I discovered had never ever seen either one...also watched the first two Alien films together as he had somehow missed out on those as well...I blame the parents! :)

Have to admit that I thoroughly enjoyed both T1 and 2 again, but thought that Alien was more than a little dreary this time around! :) Aliens was way better!
Mark Taylor, Chameleon Music - Professional composition and sound design for all media since 1994.

ChameleonMusic wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:20 pm
Watched it again last week + T2 as well with my 22 yr old son who I discovered had never ever seen either one...also watched the first two Alien films together as he had somehow missed out on those as well...I blame the parents! :)

Have to admit that I thoroughly enjoyed both T1 and 2 again, but thought that Alien was more than a little dreary this time around! :) Aliens was way better!
i was a terrible parent :oops:
my son watched alien with me when he was about 6 or 7 :o
his favourite films after star wars were the hellraiser films, he even had all the collectable action figures :hihi:

has already told me im not allowed to show any films to my granddaughter before consulting him! :lol:

vurt wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:25 pm

his favourite films after star wars were the hellraiser films, he even had all the collectable action figures :hihi:

has already told me im not allowed to show any films to my granddaughter before consulting him! :lol:
Hard to believe that original Terminator was an 18!!! It has all changed significantly...probably be a 12 today!!!

vurt wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:02 pm
[...], but I don't quite understand why it has to be 30 minutes :lol:
[...]
[...]
who is talking about 3 minutes? i meant 2:31 ... But if I assume that the universe is infinite and the values strive towards infinity - then 3 or 30 minutes make no difference :hihi:
it is better to have a track with some mistakes than a track without any soul
myself in 2022

ChameleonMusic wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:38 pm
vurt wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:25 pm

Hard to believe that original Terminator was an 18!!! It has all changed significantly...probably be a 12 today!!!
iirc, it wasn't the violence it was the arnies naked ass!
and the club scene, the usa were against letting kids see that kind of thing.
and at the time, we would never have classified downwards, only ever up! if there had been a vulva or penis on show :o

it's a tough call, because even as a kid, when i watched horror films (my mum and me would sit up on sarurday nights watching all the classic universal and hammer stuff, when i was still in junior school) i knew the difference between that, and real life murderers, of which at the time, the north had a few on the go.

and i expect the majority do too, but we do then have to worry about those who might not be as quick on the uptake, but i also believe "controlled fear" is good for us, psychologically.
so horror is an essential part of my life :o

but yes, now some films even i would prefer higher ratings
in some cases mainly because kids in the cinema piss me off (star wars excluded, as i get a bit excited myself at times)
eg we went to see one of the marvel films, and some woman and feller, had brought a toddler :x
running around, screaming grrrr.
that just ain't right!

tomtom1 wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:40 pm
vurt wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:02 pm
[...], but I don't quite understand why it has to be 30 minutes :lol:
[...]
[...]
who is talking about 3 minutes? i meant 2:31 ... But if I assume that the universe is infinite and the values strive towards infinity - then 3 or 30 minutes make no difference :hihi:
some universe's last longer than other universe's :hihi:

vurt wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:58 pm expansion/chaos/contraction.

expansion/chaos/contraction

Sounds like puberty to me.

ghettosynth wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:12 pm
vurt wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:58 pm expansion/chaos/contraction.

expansion/chaos/contraction

Sounds like puberty to me.
there would be more squeaking bedsprings and the sound of tissues being rolled up.

thanks for the idea :tu:

Return to “Music Cafe”