Plug'n Script and copy protection

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, I'm new to Plug'n Script.

I code my plugin use RackAFX and JUCE, but I am wondering if Plug'n Script could make my life easier.

I've read the manual and tried to build a basic port of my plugins with Plug'n Script: really awesome.

Only one question: are there some guidelines/tutorials to implement copy protection? I mean, am I allowed to do REST request from my plugin? Or am i somewhat limited into it? I.E.: Can I instantiate a call-to-action button that makes a REST call to an endpoint and receives a Response?

Thank you

Glad that you like it, thanks!

There is no copy protection provided by Plug'n Script, but you can indeed build your own. You can do pretty much anything using the system() script function, such as launch a REST request using curl or any other executable and get the response back in a string. I think that's the way some customers have implemented it already.

Hi and thanks for your reply.

Can I found API reference in the onboarded PDF Manual or is there other documentation available for this topic? I ask cause in this moment I ma not at my studio.

Thanks again

And one other question (excuse me), in my first and quick approach I found no way to Edit The INFO popup window text when pressing The I Button in my exported plugin. I mean, there is any way to delete all the “blue button bar” (including preset system etc.) and to edit the Info? I know custom gui is actuable with KUIML but in my quick approach did not have clue to have a Full “blank” UI without any “upper bar”.

Thanks again

mikegazza wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:08 am Hi and thanks for your reply.

Can I found API reference in the onboarded PDF Manual or is there other documentation available for this topic? I ask cause in this moment I ma not at my studio.
You can find an online version of the PnS manual, including a reference for all APIs.

mikegazza wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:11 am And one other question (excuse me), in my first and quick approach I found no way to Edit The INFO popup window text when pressing The I Button in my exported plugin. I mean, there is any way to delete all the “blue button bar” (including preset system etc.) and to edit the Info? I know custom gui is actuable with KUIML but in my quick approach did not have clue to have a Full “blank” UI without any “upper bar”.
You can get rid of the upper bar if you write your own skin from scratch. The best way to proceed is to export the plug-in and then write the skin (with the KUIML language). This lets you write your own GUI without any reference to Plug'n Script, with your own toolbar etc.

Ok thank you for replies! Last question: If I would maintain the upper bar, is there a chance to edit only content of the 'About' window? Or, in order to do that, should I fully rewrite the skin? Thanks a lot

Blue Cat Audio wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:21 amYou can do pretty much anything using the system() script function, such as launch a REST request using curl or any other executable and get the response back in a string.
this advise triggers my inner software developer so much :D
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Hello. I'm wondering, what Licenses do I need to include in/with my plug-in release when using Blue Cat's Plug'n Script to make my plug-in.

Also, might you know this question, if I were to convert examples from Steinberg's VST 3 SDK into the Angelscript format, and then expand on those examples using Angelscript, do I have to include that other License (the one with the 3 clauses, a list of conditions, and disclaimer) from the public.sdk folder in the VST 3 SDK with my plug-in release as well?

Thanks.

Also, do you know how to incorporate SPICE models into an Angelscript format? I'd like to model some transformers, diodes, etc..

So, maybe I've posted this in the wrong forum, sorry if I have.

Plugins!!Plugins!! wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:47 pm So, maybe I've posted this in the wrong forum, sorry if I have.
No you haven't. Sorry for the delay!

Plugins!!Plugins!! wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:11 am Hello. I'm wondering, what Licenses do I need to include in/with my plug-in release when using Blue Cat's Plug'n Script to make my plug-in.

Also, might you know this question, if I were to convert examples from Steinberg's VST 3 SDK into the Angelscript format, and then expand on those examples using Angelscript, do I have to include that other License (the one with the 3 clauses, a list of conditions, and disclaimer) from the public.sdk folder in the VST 3 SDK with my plug-in release as well.
You can copy the license files that are available in Plug'n Script if you wish (I am not 100% sure if it's necessary). Regarding the VST3 SDK, I guess you have to check what the license is for these examples. It should say what you have to do with it.

Plugins!!Plugins!! wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:35 pm Also, do you know how to incorporate SPICE models into an Angelscript format? I'd like to model some transformers, diodes, etc..
I don't think the SPICE models are easy to integrate as-is (and they are usually very CPU intensive anyway). You will usually use these models to make measurements and then write your algorithm based on what you have figured out.

So, where do I find those Blue Cat Licenses?

Also, if it's not too much to ask, how do I write an algorithm based on those SPICE models?

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”