New modular FX by BOOM library: EnRage, looks pretty cool

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

MitchK1989 wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:49 pm My biggest issue with paying for these massive multifx setups is that I’d much rather do all the band splitting, layering, and routing inside my DAW so that the effects in question can be a mixture of DAW native devices and various plug-in manufacturers. At least in the case of bitwig I have all sorts of fx containers including inside the feedback loops in delays/reverbs and a robust modulation system that can target any native device parameter or host automation exposed plug-in parameter already - without any of that modularity restricted to only one manufacturer’s DSP.

IMO these routing issues are much better solved on the host end and I’d rather just buy individual fx (or a bundle like uhbik or the kilo hearts stuff as long as I still can load individual fx)
Yeah, I agree. I don't mind iLok but at the price I'm not even interested in demoing this given what I've seen of it. I'm sure it sounds good but so do all the individual plugins I already have which I can stack and modulate in Bitwig if I want to. The workflow for something like this is a bit better than working that way but not $270 better, especially considering it's ultimately more limited. I also have Multipass + all Kilohearts snapins which cost me less than half of this thing's intro price and have very similar capabilities, but even if I didn't have Kilohearts I'd just stick to making chains in Bitwig.
Softsynth addict and electronic music enthusiast.
"Destruction is the work of an afternoon. Creation is the work of a lifetime."

Effectsworks wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 2:19 pm ...
I really like their plugins. I have EnRage, Reformer and ReCenter and EnForcer. I don't have De-Bird but yet (but I'd like it!) I have RX advanced so I'm happy enough with that for the moment.

Reformer is an awesome piece of kit and a real time saver. Has the odd crash unfortunately. :( EnRage is more then the usual fx so I'm pretty happy with it. But as we said it 'aint cheap.
Reformer is from Krotos Audio.

I don't have any issues with most copy protection or anything like that. The one thing that I would really like to know is whether this can do feedback internally. If so then it's definitely worth a look. If not then I can stick with mxxx and Bitwig for these sorts of things. Either way it seems like they've done a marvelous job with this. The stuff sounds great!
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

I'm okay with ilok but each to their own.
A) Companies have got to have some kind of protection (it's easy to use).
B) It's very easy to transfer to a new compu. I did that recently and it saved me a ton of time.
C) You've got the Zero Downtime option (I know it costs a bit extra but it is worth it for piece of mind alone).

Greenstorm33 wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:18 pm I can stack and modulate in Bitwig if I want to. The workflow for something like this is a bit better than working that way but not $270 better
I would prefer the workflow in Bitwig big times...
Can it do anything I can’t do in stock Bitwig? Let me know...
Triad you can get in a sale for 1/10th of the price for those who's DAW can’t do that...
On the other hand of course modular is the way to go, and it could be just a platform to sell presets. In that case the price is just minimizing the target audience. But who cares if the audience is that rich that they don’t know where to put all the money they don’t need...

Tj Shredder wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:23 am
Greenstorm33 wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:18 pm I can stack and modulate in Bitwig if I want to. The workflow for something like this is a bit better than working that way but not $270 better
Can it do anything I can’t do in stock Bitwig? Let me know...
yes, the pitch warp mode is something very few plugins can do, it remaps frequencies on a custom curve

you also get a waveshaper with custom curves, similar to how serum and trash do it

on top of that the grain delay is really good sounding, there's a couple other unique fx, and stuff like pitch tracking and shifting sound particularly different in every plugin, but I understand that can be a very minimal reason to pick anything up

also there's custom lfos and mod remaps which might be of interest to you

I used it quite a bit more in tonight's "production" stream
https://youtu.be/aXpvO9hzXss?t=10011

time stamped at the end where I just let a chain run for crazy sound design, I'm a bitwig user too btw
Check out my website for synth/software articles reviews and presets http://databroth.com (new review every monday)

I also do experimental sound design and demos of plugins (no talking) on my youtube: https://www.youtube.com/databroth

Is the UI resizable?

unfortunately I don't believe so, I'm hoping that will change in the future
Check out my website for synth/software articles reviews and presets http://databroth.com (new review every monday)

I also do experimental sound design and demos of plugins (no talking) on my youtube: https://www.youtube.com/databroth

databroth wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:44 am
Tj Shredder wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:23 am Can it do anything I can’t do in stock Bitwig? Let me know...
yes, the pitch warp mode is something very few plugins can do, it remaps frequencies on a custom curve

you also get a waveshaper with custom curves, similar to how serum and trash do it

on top of that the grain delay is really good sounding, there's a couple other unique fx, and stuff like pitch tracking and shifting sound particularly different in every plugin, but I understand that can be a very minimal reason to pick anything up

Tell me more about pitch warp is a fft fx like specops? The term warping is more related to time stretch for me. Or is it a kind of dynamic harmonizer?
And for granular delays, beside what I have already I’d be more interested in Outputs Portal, and the first image of your stream suggests you’d prefer it as well... (sorry, no time to watch 2+ hours...)

Tj Shredder wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:39 am
databroth wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:44 am
Tj Shredder wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:23 am Can it do anything I can’t do in stock Bitwig? Let me know...

Tell me more about pitch warp is a fft fx like specops? The term warping is more related to time stretch for me. Or is it a kind of dynamic harmonizer?
And for granular delays, beside what I have already I’d be more interested in Outputs Portal, and the first image of your stream suggests you’d prefer it as well... (sorry, no time to watch 2+ hours...)
haha funny, I only use portal for a few minutes in that stream, not expecting you to watch the whole thing, but maybe like click around and see if you hear anything you enjoy

I do prefer portal though, but as an entirely different effect, the grain delay in enrage is almost more capable of live "time stretching" where portal does things like grain cloud a bit better, they both sound different is the thing

as far as the pitch warp, it's similar in some ways to spec ops, similar to the geometry slide effect
but instead you can remap frequencies as you please, the most similar plugin out there is Mtransform

Portal is great!

So why is this better than MXXX or even KHs multipass?
At first i was “wow” then i was “hey its like more limited melda”

Ploki wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:13 pm So why is this better than MXXX or even KHs multipass?
At first i was “wow” then i was “hey its like more limited melda”
none of them are better than each other, I've explained some unique things about enrage a few times in this thread

what makes enrage unique? well compared to MXXX it's a hellofa lot cheaper and the UI is better

compared to multipass, you get more modulation, enrage has up to 12 modulation sources
including custom lfos and remaps
also there's some unique fx, enrage has grain delay and spectral warp, which are both unavailable in multipass

It looks very sexy and functional indeed. It has a nice workflow layout. But I can't justify to buy it for $280 in addition to Multipass and other creative ways to mangle sounds. This thing is definitely made as one-stop for score professionals and other full-time composers who really interested in work in one good designed effect rack. I can successfully replace this plugin with a combination of Multipass and SnapHeap but for those who doen't own them it's a good creative plugin that can do a lot.
Last edited by Dombaeb on Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

This thing sounds really good, but i just cannot justify that price to myself... :shrug:
I

Return to “Effects”