Cherry Audio DCO-106

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
DCO-106 Virtual Polyphonic Synthesizer

You can get it at everyplugin.com for around 16 dollars.

It's so cheap, why wouldn't you be happy to give Cherry Audio the full $25? I can understand the bargain hunting if it's a big company like NI or Steinberg but small devs deserve our support.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:21 am It's so cheap, why wouldn't you be happy to give Cherry Audio the full $25? I can understand the bargain hunting if it's a big company like NI or Steinberg but small devs deserve our support.

I just wanted to inform people to whom 10 dollars actually make a difference. Plus I imagine cherry audio to earn money still, why else would the let vendors sell their plugins?

But they'll earn a lot more if you deal with them direct. And, seriously, what's $10? It's one pint of beer or a Big Mac meal.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:39 am But they'll earn a lot more if you deal with them direct. And, seriously, what's $10? It's one pint of beer or a Big Mac meal.
Fine, you‘ve made your point. Maybe someone wants this synth and his happy to save 10 dollars. Of course this is not as important as you moralising people you don’t know nothing about. Btw, I’m not even interested in this synth, I just wanted to be nice to people who maybe want to buy it but are on a budget.

But that's not your business.
Edit
That was addressed to bones.

BONES wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:39 am But they'll earn a lot more if you deal with them direct. And, seriously, what's $10? It's one pint of beer or a Big Mac meal.
Its a whole week of Gasoline for me to get to my Job... jip as Simply Red sang.. moneys too tight to mention... even more so now with the economic destruction covid 19 has brought to our economy and my career

Despite of the different perspectives that result from social inequality 10$ should be considered as a competetive advantage.

Or a whole bundle of WA plugins 🤭

Seriously, what's $10? It's only one class of chardonnay old chap.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

surreal wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:05 pm Its a whole week of Gasoline for me to get to my Job...
I don't consider that much...

That said, I think it's fair enough to inform about ways to save money, even if it's just $10. I'm a cheapskate as well, so, I'm always happy to save a bit of money. ;)

It's obviously the developers choice to distribute to resellers and let them sell at a lower cost.

Resellers need to make a living as well, you could be taking bread out of their mouths going strait to the developer!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Guys, we are not starving for food, thanks :)
Bear in mind that developers BENEFIT from selling thru dealers: Ubiquity.
A customer can search our site for "Synth" or browse the VI category,
And end up buying DCO with no intention on the first place.
They may even not heard about Cherry Audio before...
But eventually CA got this sale.
I mean, you can buy "Adidas" from factory, or from a department store.
In any way Adidas will benefit: More money, or Better Chance for the money.
Everyone benefits. That's the foundation for successful business.

koby.
(PS: I barely avoided the phrase "Win Win Situation" :D )

There is definitely that aspect of it but still, once you know about something, supporting the dev seems like the right thing to do. I will buy factory-direct whenever I can, and that includes shoes (especially factory seconds from a clearance outlet).
surreal wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:05 pmeven more so now with the economic destruction covid 19 has brought to our economy and my career
Where are you? Covid has had very little tangible effect on me, here in Sydney. The last person to die from it in our state was in June last year and life is pretty much back to normal now, even though the vaccine roll-out is only just getting underway. I don't even know anyone here who has been negatively impacted by it, our government has done an amazing job across the board, so it's easy to forget how lucky we are. That said, if money is so tight, maybe you don't need to be buying plugins at all? If I was in your situation I would still want to support the devs, even if it meant buying one thing instead of two.
chk071 wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:50 pmThat said, I think it's fair enough to inform about ways to save money, even if it's just $10. I'm a cheapskate as well, so, I'm always happy to save a bit of money. ;)
That just tells me that you don't give a f**k about anyone else, as long as you get what you want. It's a very immature attitude, the way a 4 year-old see the world.

Ah look, bones has had the opportunity to tell us again how covid hasn't affected him personally. Thanks for sharing that again bones, yes it's fine to extrapolate Aussie design worker experience to all. Ten bucks is nothing to you guys so it's nothing to anyone. Gotcha.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

I really like Cherry. I probably have $1200 invested in Voltage. But, I will buy from the cheapest source. : P

Return to “Instruments”