Obxd synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
OB-Xd - Virtual Analog Synthesizer

Could you add next/prev buttons on the UI to be able to change the presets without using the menu ?

That would be pretty nice I gotta say. But we can also use DAW preset browsers for that.

Clem4 wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:44 pm Could you add next/prev buttons on the UI to be able to change the presets without using the menu ?
Preset bar is pending. In the meanwhile there’s support for + - keystrokes in certain hosts or as said using the DAW built in browser.

EvilDragon wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:14 pm That would be pretty nice I gotta say. But we can also use DAW preset browsers for that.
.. Which is broken in Cubase and seemingly other hosts as well

The broken Cubase preset browser seems a JUCE framework issue.

i'm probably overlooking the obvious, but is there a OBX factory patch bank in there somewhere? I saw the OBXa, and that is fun, just wondering about other FACTORY patch sets

rasmusklump wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:11 pm
EvilDragon wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:14 pm That would be pretty nice I gotta say. But we can also use DAW preset browsers for that.
Works fine in Reaper and FL20 at the very least.

EvilDragon wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:09 pm
Works fine in FL20 at the very least.
Not for me, at least not the way 2.1 did.

rasmusklump wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:11 pm
It's broken in Logic's preset browser.

FWIW, the + and - option for moving through presets works in Cakewalk by Bandlab (and Sonar), as do the VST window's "previous" and "next" arrows.

That said, if you've stepped through a few presets with the arrows (or keys) and then choose a different bank (with the mouse) and try to step through those presets with the arrows/keys, the VST window will show only the names of the presets you've stepped through using the arrows/keys -- even though you're stepping through other presets in a different bank. This can get confusing rather quickly.

I know this works this way in quite a few plug-ins, but since most of them also show the name of the preset, I don't use the VST window to see which preset is active, so I haven't noticed it much. This is not a critique of OB-Xd, either. I'm looking forward to the preset browser, and I had no problem moving from the VST3 of v2.2 to 2.3.

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

Preset navigation bar is set for next release. Stay tuned :)

mustgroove wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:34 pm When v1.5 and v2.2 are both installed, there's an issue with the VST3 version in Ableton Live.

When just v1.5 is installed, it appears in the "Datsounds" menu as "Obxd". When v1.5 and v2.2 are both installed, v2.2 appears in the "discoDSP" menu as "OB-Xd", but now:

- in the Datsounds menu its name changes to "OB-Xd" (the v2.2 name) but when you load it, v1.5 loads correctly
- in the discoDSP menu, the name is correct for the v2.2 version ("OB-Xd") but it actually loads v1.5, not v2.2

So there's a collision going on with v1.5 and v2.2 with VST3 in Ableton Live. It seems v1.5 will always load, and v2.2 can't be loaded when both are installed.
This issue is still present in v2.3, really hoping it can be fixed in a future version

discoDSP wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:10 am Preset navigation bar is set for next release. Stay tuned :)
Thank god, that is such a useful feature honestly

2.3.1 Nightly Build.

JUCE Framework reverted to 6.0.5 due to buggy plugin wrappers.

https://www.discodsp.net/obxd-nightly/

discoDSP wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:16 am 2.3.1 Nightly Build.

JUCE Framework reverted to 6.0.5 due to buggy plugin wrappers.

https://www.discodsp.net/obxd-nightly/
In FLstudio 20 the "old" preset behaviour is back, so thanks for that.

Return to “Instruments”