One Synth Challenge #146: Sinmad by NUSofting (Double Tap Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I had the sound turn off again on a patch - the last thing i touched was adjusting the output gain. All was well before thar but i couldn't reproduce it again.

I have noticed that changing parameters and then swapping presets and then back again to the original preset - the parameters don't reset to how they were originally. Seems to remember the changes made - bit like Kaira tune. Not sure if thats intended or not.

im using v 0.9.3 and have attached the diagnostic log which had a lot of warnings
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

MilksterX wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:09 pm I had the sound turn off again on a patch - the last thing i touched was adjusting the output gain. All was well before thar but i couldn't reproduce it again.

I have noticed that changing parameters and then swapping presets and then back again to the original preset - the parameters don't reset to how they were originally. Seems to remember the changes made - bit like Kaira tune. Not sure if thats intended or not.

im using v 0.9.3 and have attached the diagnostic log which had a lot of warnings
There seem to be two things going on. One is exactly that, where the original preset doesn't work.

But there is also another thing, where the sound changes, but the GUI doesn't. If you swap presets and nothing seems to have changed on screen, if you mouse over parameters they'll change to reflect their new value.

▶▶▶ Submission ◀◀◀
https://soundcloud.com/p-e-t-e-r-h/fly-with-me

Cello Chamber Orchestra on steroids meets electro combo with buggy beta equippment (= sinmad)... the singer (lucy) from the demo I have posted on page 4 of this thread quit. we kind of lost here to too many chocolate easter eggs with liquor and she refused to finish this track ... rather dancing with the easter bunny.

It's around 20 sinmads (0.93 beta), actually I have used a few presets and tweaked them. I'd say around 60% sounds from scratch. On top of that a weird amount of Bitwig FX ...

Best Regards
] Peter:H [
Last edited by ] Peter:H [ on Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Okay
So I know nothing about most things, and comb resonators are one of them
viewtopic.php?t=245165

I’m not sure if this is any good to anyone, I’ve been taken down the Search root and found lots of info, whether this relates to Sinmad, it’s been quite interesting
I’ve filled up a lot of bookmarks :D
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face

Double Tap wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:12 pm
MilksterX wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:09 pm I had the sound turn off again on a patch - the last thing i touched was adjusting the output gain. All was well before thar but i couldn't reproduce it again.

There seem to be two things going on. One is exactly that, where the original preset doesn't work.

But there is also another thing, where the sound changes, but the GUI doesn't. If you swap presets and nothing seems to have changed on screen, if you mouse over parameters they'll change to reflect their new value.
Oh I've just realised that there's a current vs original feature to the presets which can be toggled by hitting compare! That's pretty neat :tu:
:dog:

Update: Okay the sound going off happened again - I was playing a long note on wave 5 and clicked the wave icon and it stopped producing sound.

i've been able to recreate it - strangely it was when the duo was enabled. i clicked from wave 5 to wave 1 and it goes off. seems to be note dependant - It happens to me on holding C0
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by MilksterX on Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Eauson wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:48 pm Okay
viewtopic.php?t=245165

I’m not sure if this is any good to anyone, I’ve been taken down the Search root and found lots of info, whether this relates to Sinmad, it’s been quite interesting
Oh man, this looks useful. For the BSE...

MilksterX wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:04 pm Update: Okay the sound going off happened again - I was playing a long note on wave 5 and clicked the wave icon and it stopped producing sound.
Sorry for the hassle, I'm fixing that, the wave 1 (FM) was not flushing all of its buffers.
I assume you switched from 5 to 1.

no probs liqih glad i could recreate it and help you fix it :) one of the first things i did was assign a max for live LFO to some of the parameters and waveform was one of the first which is probably why i spotted it so quickly :D

Interesting synth.
Here is a work in progress by RuediRena:
https://soundcloud.com/ruedirena/ruedir ... -aus-stahl

@ liqih:
I was happy to haven't encountered any bug - until I rendered the above file and by closing the rendering dialogue Reaper (recent v. 6.26) crashed and was gone which was a first.
I am on Win10 Home 20H2 (OS build 19042.867).

@ RuediRena
I got a crash every time I stopped a recording when Sinmad was loaded as default, inside the reaper process. Running it as a separate process fixed that. Might apply in your case as well.

@liqih:
here's the windows error report for the recording-stop crash, maybe it's useful.( REAPER 6.26 , windows 7 )
Sinmad app error report.zip
Also, maybe I'm missing something, but the '2' and '3' buttons for envelope repeat do not seem to do anything ( while 'all' works as expected. )

Hey ELEX and Ruedi, thanks, I have new build for Windows ( 0.9.6) I sent you a PM here on KVR.
ELEX wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:47 pm @ RuediRena
I got a crash every time I stopped a recording when Sinmad was loaded as default, inside the reaper process. Running it as a separate process fixed that. Might apply in your case as well.

@liqih:
here's the windows error report for the recording-stop crash, maybe it's useful.( REAPER 6.26 , windows 7 )
Sinmad app error report.zip Also, maybe I'm missing something, but the '2' and '3' buttons for envelope repeat do not seem to do anything ( while 'all' works as expected. )

liqih wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:00 pm Hey ELEX and Ruedi, thanks, I have new build for Windows ( 0.9.6) I sent you a PM here on KVR.
Thanks, Liqih.
No more crashing in Reaper. I'll keep you informed in case another bug occurs.
OSC will be a real stress test for Sinmad. No one using a synth as deep as all the guys here. :evil: 8)
Oh, and thanks for being generous to all the participants.

z.prime wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:14 pm
Eauson wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:48 pm Okay
viewtopic.php?t=245165

Oh man, this looks useful. For the BSE...
I’m pretty dumb, at the best of times ;)
Are you referring to Best snare ever or Bombay stock exchange :ud:
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face

Can I have the last link too, I use reaper. Thanks :)

Hi @liqih ... Reaper user too - if the patch works out will you release it to all?

Thanks

dB

Return to “Instruments”