FIVER 3.2 & TREQ 5.1 : New Features - Analog Obsession

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello!

Just updated FIVER to v3.2 and TREQ to v5.1.

Now, both have "mouse over" readout feature. So, you can see current values while your mouse pointer on knobs!

This feature is the most important for these plugins. I updated both, first. Also, some little changes according to your requests.

Hope, you like this feature and this make your usage easier! freshflowe

Version 5.1 - 5.4.2021

- Added mouse over readout to see current value

- Fixed Low/Mid Q

FIVER

Version 3.2 - 5.4.2021

- Extended DRV knob range (-24dB to 24dB)

TREQ
https://www.patreon.com/analogobsession Support for free VST3, AU, AAX for WIN & MAC

Thanks. Useful Feature

Alex Voellmer wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:58 pm Thanks. Useful Feature
You're welcome! Enjoy!
https://www.patreon.com/analogobsession Support for free VST3, AU, AAX for WIN & MAC

Thank you :)
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Great update! Thank you!

What's the advantage of using an analog emulated EQ like TREQ or FIVER versus a standard digital EQ that comes with a daw such as Ableton? In other words, what are the qualities that the emulations uniquely add--saturation, a cool retro GUI? Thanks.

sambaji wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:00 am What's the advantage of using an analog emulated EQ like TREQ or FIVER versus a standard digital EQ that comes with a daw such as Ableton? In other words, what are the qualities that the emulations uniquely add--saturation, a cool retro GUI? Thanks.
1) Sometimes these EQs have unique Q factors, so the curves cannot be mimiced by "digital" EQs.

2) Saturation/harmonics. Those give the EQ a certain color.

3) Oversampling, so boosting the highs sounds better.

sambaji wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:00 am What's the advantage of using an analog emulated EQ like TREQ or FIVER versus a standard digital EQ that comes with a daw such as Ableton? In other words, what are the qualities that the emulations uniquely add--saturation, a cool retro GUI? Thanks.
"heavymetalmixer" is right.

Also, digital eqs with spectrum analyzer cause confusing sometimes. We need ears while mixing instead eyes.

Digital eqs also good for surgical eq and transparent boost. But if you want to boost and add character at the same time, analog modeling eqs are best.

Even analog eqs have transparent models. For example, FIVER can go cold to hot with drive option. You can use it for surgical purposes or transparent boosts if you turn drive all the way down. Even great for mastering.

TREQ is more colorful. You can shape your material with character.

Making sound "exciting" and mixing all sounds are different things.

You can make your vocal or bass or drums exciting and then mix with others up to overall balance.

At least, you can use analog modeling eqs on your recording chain to shape your sound how you want. And then mixing with others...

Thanks.

Thanks. Both posts were useful.

I tend to use less and less “visual” EQs and prefer analogue emulations for quickness and ease of use. No visual distractions or decisions being made by the eyes (“that curve can’t be right...”).
And FIVER quickly has become one of my favorites, because
- it has three mid bands
- the drive can sound great on the right material
- good user interface, though not resizable, but the right size for my screen, everything’s legible

What would be even better:
- additional HPF/LPF
- Hi and Low Shelf switchable to bell, like on an SSL emu

I know the hardware doesn’t have those, but in my opinion emulations really don’t need to slavishly adhere to the original, some additional features can make sense as long as they don’t clutter the GUI too much...

Hi Tunca,

Can I ask you what was corrected in the Low/Mid Q in version 5.1? I compared it a little bit with the Trident version and your bells are a little bit wider. I suppose that it is what you obtain from the circuit modelling, isn't it?

Thanks in advance!
AnalogObsession wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:03 pm Hello!

Just updated FIVER to v3.2 and TREQ to v5.1.

Now, both have "mouse over" readout feature. So, you can see current values while your mouse pointer on knobs!

This feature is the most important for these plugins. I updated both, first. Also, some little changes according to your requests.

Hope, you like this feature and this make your usage easier! freshflowe

Version 5.1 - 5.4.2021

- Fixed Low/Mid Q

FIVER

Version 3.2 - 5.4.2021

- Extended DRV knob range (-24dB to 24dB)

TREQ

fcamp wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:26 pm Hi Tunca,

Can I ask you what was corrected in the Low/Mid Q in version 5.1? I compared it a little bit with the Trident version and your bells are a little bit wider. I suppose that it is what you obtain from the circuit modelling, isn't it?

Thanks in advance!
Hi,

Sometimes result won't be 1:1 or even close because of non-linearity.

Every time I need to make tiny adjustments to make it more accurate. Not like fast food. Put it on hot water and it' done! Not like that...

And if I make something wrong with response of plugin, I need re-check whole circuit...

Thanks!

Thanks for listening, Tunca. And congratulations for your last releases.

Return to “Effects”