Your thoughts on Geist 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Geist Geist2

inkwarp wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:37 am They have tried to cram too much into it. This is why Geist 1 is still preferable and a joy to use.
Except, and this goes for both versions, it's really frustrating when trying to work with automation, in particular for me re Ableton Live. I found it too exhausting to figure out so don't bother anymore. Only enough hours in the day. It's still good for pattern making which is what I use it for these days.
So why not find a copy of GEIST1? There might be one you can get your hands on. ROLI should offer both!

Sea wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:47 am So why not find a copy of GEIST1? There might be one you can get your hands on. ROLI should offer both!
Geist1 one is "dead" (legacy in FXpansion speak). Additionally, the transfer fee ist still high (50€?).

It's a real shame. GURU for me was the best, dead easy, visually uncluttered and intuitive (sampling, slicing etc.). Then I upgraded to Geist, which was somewhat a step back for me (I was expecting GURU 2).

Geist 2 to me just offered the vector interface as a critical new feature, all the important great drum machine stuff was already there since GURU (modeled filters I can get elsewhere). In the end it was nothing I would even remotely be willing to pay another new iteration's updgrade price for.

Now that the old FXpansion forum has been killed as well, I simply don't have anymore trust in FXpansion/Roli being a good investment in the long run.

Yes, I do miss the 'old' FXpansion. Sad but true.

Cheers,
LiteOn

LiteOn wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:39 pm
Sea wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:47 am So why not find a copy of GEIST1? There might be one you can get your hands on. ROLI should offer both!
Geist1 one is "dead" (legacy in FXpansion speak). Additionally, the transfer fee ist still high (50€?).

It's a real shame. GURU for me was the best, dead easy, visually uncluttered and intuitive (sampling, slicing etc.). Then I upgraded to Geist, which was somewhat a step back for me (I was expecting GURU 2).

Geist 2 to me just offered the vector interface as a critical new feature, all the important great drum machine stuff was already there since GURU (modeled filters I can get elsewhere). In the end it was nothing I would even remotely be willing to pay another new iteration's updgrade price for.

Now that the old FXpansion forum has been killed as well, I simply don't have anymore trust in FXpansion/Roli being a good investment in the long run.

Yes, I do miss the 'old' FXpansion. Sad but true.

Cheers,
LiteOn
Don't you still have a copy of Guru? Why not have both?

Sea wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:11 pm Don't you still have a copy of Guru? Why not have both?
Yes. It even works with jBridge but the interface is (way) too small on 1440p. I keep both just for the case I wish to open old projects.

Cheers,
LiteOn

LiteOn wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:56 pm
Sea wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:11 pm Don't you still have a copy of Guru? Why not have both?
Yes. It even works with jBridge but the interface is (way) too small on 1440p. I keep both just for the case I wish to open old projects.

Cheers,
LiteOn
You are not related, by any chance, to the LED company LiteOn? I know one of their people is into electronic music.
------------------------------------------
Gribs

Hey! Has anyone heard of PercX?

Check it out! I wonder how this compares to all the rest!

https://www.auddict.com/percx

Sea wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:12 am Hey! Has anyone heard of PercX?

Check it out! I wonder how this compares to all the rest!

<span class="skimlinks-unlinked">https://www.auddict.com/percx</span>
nah bruh

just a hint for all of you who still prefer geist 1 (no more available) over geist 2: I think "geist lite" must be still available over the "beat magazine". geist lite imo is still a very good free tool...

TrekStar wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:42 pm just a hint for all of you who still prefer geist 1 (no more available) over geist 2: I think "geist lite" must be still available over the "beat magazine". geist lite imo is still a very good free tool...
Since GEIST 1 is discontinued, I'm sticking with GEITS 2. More options.

Gribs wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:58 pm You are not related, by any chance, to the LED company LiteOn? I know one of their people is into electronic music.
No, no relation from my side.

Is Geist CM still available if you by Computer Music magazine? Does anyone know?

BrokenTrance wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:25 pm Is Geist CM still available if you by Computer Music magazine? Does anyone know?
here you can download geist lite + over 1gb drum samples. you also have to go through a serial download and registration process from which I do not exactly know if it still works. might be although worth a try:
https://www.producerfeed.com/2015/09/fr ... -kits.html
I'll keep my fingers crossed :tu:

Trying that now. I've been looking everywhere for a way to download Geist Lite, which as of last March 2020 was available on Fxpansion's site, but seems to have been discontinued since.

EDIT: Decompression failed :( And it looks like there's no way to get a license anyway.

If anyone has a .dmg file for Geist Lite and a spare license and would be willing to send it to me, I'd really appreciate it.

Geist 2 is now discontinued. Anyone willing to part with a copy?

Crayonking wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 2:25 pm Geist 2 is now discontinued. Anyone willing to part with a copy?
PM'd

Return to “Instruments”