Any suggestions regarding to Acustica Audio?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

dionenoid wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:33 pm
pixel85 wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:38 pm
CircuitEYE wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:16 pm My biggest grip is that they tend to very often crash Cubase when closing a project.
This has been a known problem for a long time but still no fix.
dionenoid wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:32 pm Hope they'll fix it soon, i asked recently and there was no news.
For AA the issue is on the Cubase side so they will do nothing about it (I got this info recently on their FB group). I also suppose that Steinberg doesn't care that much about AA to also fix it.
- crashing at exit (usually closing project then Cubase help to avoid it)
- crashing when there are several instances of the same AA plugin (when there's still a lot of CPU and RAM available so it's not the reason)
- very bad performance in comparison to eg. Reaper

These issues are here to stay ;)
AA updated some plug-ins, they say it should fix the Cubase issues. Until now Sienna, Tan (free) and Coffee Pun (free) had this update.
There are also some other Aquas updated recently (Magenta, Purple, Cream) but it's not sure if they contain the fix for Cubase.
First reports from some users are hopeful, i'll be testing as soon as they update Aquas that i own.

Simply put, the problem seems to be that the graphic engine of AA plug-ins is not released from memory (which was also stated by Steinberg multiple times). This is most probably due to AA using an older, rewritten sdk for their plug-ins which causes the hanging and freezing on modern Windows systems.

It's a shame that it took AA over a year to acknowledge their own mistakes and finally do something about it. But on the other hand, it's good that the AA devs are active on forums personally and despite their initial stubborness finally take action.
So after all it's fault on AA side. Obviously, changing SDK can cause a lot of issues. I suppose that bugfix is related to my first point from my post?

For me 'crashing at exit' is not an issue that I really care about. The second point from my previous post is the reason why I put on sale all their paid plugins that I have ;)

pixel85 wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:54 pm
dionenoid wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:33 pm
pixel85 wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:38 pm
CircuitEYE wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:16 pm My biggest grip is that they tend to very often crash Cubase when closing a project.
This has been a known problem for a long time but still no fix.
dionenoid wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:32 pm Hope they'll fix it soon, i asked recently and there was no news.
For AA the issue is on the Cubase side so they will do nothing about it (I got this info recently on their FB group). I also suppose that Steinberg doesn't care that much about AA to also fix it.
- crashing at exit (usually closing project then Cubase help to avoid it)
- crashing when there are several instances of the same AA plugin (when there's still a lot of CPU and RAM available so it's not the reason)
- very bad performance in comparison to eg. Reaper

These issues are here to stay ;)
AA updated some plug-ins, they say it should fix the Cubase issues. Until now Sienna, Tan (free) and Coffee Pun (free) had this update.
There are also some other Aquas updated recently (Magenta, Purple, Cream) but it's not sure if they contain the fix for Cubase.
First reports from some users are hopeful, i'll be testing as soon as they update Aquas that i own.

Simply put, the problem seems to be that the graphic engine of AA plug-ins is not released from memory (which was also stated by Steinberg multiple times). This is most probably due to AA using an older, rewritten sdk for their plug-ins which causes the hanging and freezing on modern Windows systems.

It's a shame that it took AA over a year to acknowledge their own mistakes and finally do something about it. But on the other hand, it's good that the AA devs are active on forums personally and despite their initial stubborness finally take action.
So after all it's fault on AA side. Obviously, changing SDK can cause a lot of issues. I suppose that bugfix is related to my first point from my post?

For me 'crashing at exit' is not an issue that I really care about. The second point from my previous post is the reason why I put on sale all their paid plugins that I have ;)
Until now, I have nothing to complain about, but it's good to know every side of the story, specially now, that I'm joining the AA party.
kkkkkkk
AMD 3500X | RAM 32GB @3200Mhz | GTX 1650 Super OC | SSD M.2 NVMe 512GB | SSD M.2 SATA 500GB | HDD SATA 2TB | Win10 x64 | AKG K92 | JBL One Series 104 | Presonus Eris Sub8 | Steinberg UR22MkII | IK Z-Tone DI | WA12 MkII | Reaper v6

pixel85 wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:54 pm So after all it's fault on AA side. Obviously, changing SDK can cause a lot of issues. I suppose that bugfix is related to my first point from my post?

Both hanging on exit and crashing/hanging when several plug-ins are in use. That's what apparently is being fixed now.

But it was more a reply in general, for all those that have problems with AA plug-ins in Cubase.

After a year of complaining and no improvements i was also thinking that nothing ever would get solved. Was close to selling all my AA stuff, but if they really fix the issues i'll keep 'm.
More BPM please

dionenoid wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:58 pm
pixel85 wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:54 pm So after all it's fault on AA side. Obviously, changing SDK can cause a lot of issues. I suppose that bugfix is related to my first point from my post?

Both hanging on exit and crashing/hanging when several plug-ins are in use. That's what apparently is being fixed now.

But it was more a reply in general, for all those that have problems with AA plug-ins in Cubase.

After a year of complaining and no improvements i was also thinking that nothing ever would get solved. Was close to selling all my AA stuff, but if they really fix the issues i'll keep 'm.
Oh nice. Now I'm interested :)

Hey guys, for those who might be interested, I got some updates in Aquarius today. Even tho I wasn't having any problems with them on Reaper, I try to keep all my software up to date.
AMD 3500X | RAM 32GB @3200Mhz | GTX 1650 Super OC | SSD M.2 NVMe 512GB | SSD M.2 SATA 500GB | HDD SATA 2TB | Win10 x64 | AKG K92 | JBL One Series 104 | Presonus Eris Sub8 | Steinberg UR22MkII | IK Z-Tone DI | WA12 MkII | Reaper v6

I'm only using AA Tan (bus compressor) and Sienna which I find very good. Tan is free ;)

HankRhodes wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:40 am I'm only using AA Tan (bus compressor) and Sienna which I find very good. Tan is free ;)
As I got the freebies much earlier than buying anything from them, I tried them and liked Tan, Coral Baxter and Coffee the PUn the most. But, saying specifically about the Tan, I got even better results with some other of their other compressors (the one on Amethyst is freakin awesome). About the Vienna, I'm still thinking if I'll grab it. Already read / watched a bunch of good reviews, even the one with the "Snake Oil" guy, and it seemed to be pretty interesting. But I'm already studying how to improve the acoustics of my (small) room, to get better results on my monitors, and am thinking to grab something to adjust not only the phones, but the monitors too (just like the new SonarWorks SoundID ). I don't like using phones for a long time, my hearing get tired too fast.

And, just seen they released an upgrade for the Amethyst too ... Amethyst4 is here, and with an interesting introductory price. I'm still a new in the Acustica's world, but this one is probably the one that I've been enjoying the most lately. Let's see what this upgrade will bring us, in addition to a new preamp individual module.
:tu:

https://www.acustica-audio.com/store/products/amethyst

So I tested Sand 3 - version from 12th April and it failed in the exact same manner: the 12th Sand 3 Strip plugin crashed Cubase (1 plugin 1 audio per track). If this version is considered as "fixed" then it's really not.
I did the same test with Cerise (also 12th April update) and I could go to 32 plugins without a crash (although I hit 97% CPU and I started to get buffer problems so there was no point for me to add more plugins).

A more experienced friend of mine swears by Acustica (he's a professional producer) but my demo of Ultramarine causes instant system overload in Logic Pro X running on M1. Not sure if it's a glitchy demo thing but it's a concern considering they're so expensive. Only other Acustica plugin I've tried is Color EQ which is really, really nice.

pixel85 wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:43 am

So I tested Sand 3 - version from 12th April and it failed in the exact same manner: the 12th Sand 3 Strip plugin crashed Cubase (1 plugin 1 audio per track). If this version is considered as "fixed" then it's really not.
I did the same test with Cerise (also 12th April update) and I could go to 32 plugins without a crash (although I hit 97% CPU and I started to get buffer problems so there was no point for me to add more plugins).
Damn man, I keep seeing reports with these problems happening with Cubase users. Hoped this new update solve this issue, 'cause I'm really diggin' Acustica's plugins recently, but I'm using Reaper, and in it, they're flawless.

I already worked with software (homologation). This is boring as hell. You fix one thing, and eventually you end up creating another problem, and it could be difficult to track. In our case (digital audio), I think it's even worse, due to the great availability of different DAWs, and three different SO. Hope Acustica find whatever is causing this issue.

nick_leodeon wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:01 pm A more experienced friend of mine swears by Acustica (he's a professional producer) but my demo of Ultramarine causes instant system overload in Logic Pro X running on M1. Not sure if it's a glitchy demo thing but it's a concern considering they're so expensive. Only other Acustica plugin I've tried is Color EQ which is really, really nice.
I don't remember if you can choose which of the versions will be installed when using trials. Take a look, inside Aquarius, in the update tab, if you can downgrade Ultramarine to an earlier version, just in case. Maybe an earlier version may be more stable in your system. At least to try it out. Who knows.
:tu:

The_Ogre wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:25 pm I already worked with software (homologation). This is boring as hell. You fix one thing, and eventually you end up creating another problem, and it could be difficult to track. In our case (digital audio), I think it's even worse, due to the great availability of different DAWs, and three different SO. Hope Acustica find whatever is causing this issue.
I work with game audio, and I also do programming as a hobby (games and audio stuff in game engines). I understand the frustration of bug fixing. Especially when one fix cause hundred new issues :D Because of this and working with professional programmers, I'm aware that some bugs may be hard or even impossible to fix. I'm worried that it may be this case. Especially that their answer to issues is 'use Reaper'. I suppose that their userbase that uses Cubase is very small thus this issue is not that important to them.

Cubase is the new ProTools...
“In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.”

Cream2 is an exquisite and interesting channel strip. And sounds very good. Better still, got it for free with my Focusrite account.

Return to “Effects”